User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Understanding the Trump world we now live in.

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,731 Times in 2,508 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz View Post
    I am in support of personhood amendments that recognize the unborn as human life.
    Pr 31:8

Spoiler

LIFETIME MEMBER aCultureWarrior's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 897 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serpentdove View Post
    Pr 31:8

Spoiler
    The fact of the matter is, and what I've been trying to impress upon TOL's Libertarian movement for sometime now (WizardofOz/musterion/ok doser/patrick jane, Crucible), is that society can't have a "It's MY body and I can damn well do with it as I please!" attitude and still respect unborn human life, or any life for that matter.

It's that simple.

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    ...[S]ociety can't have a "It's MY body and I can damn well do with it as I please!" attitude and still respect unborn human life, or any life for that matter.

It's that simple.
    And a child isn't to be put to death for the crime of his father (Eze 18:20).

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The right to life of the unborn is implied in the Declaration of Independence.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

John Locke, whose writings were the basis for Jefferson's Declaration of Independence, said we have a right to "life, liberty, and property." Jefferson changed property to the pursuit of happiness. But Locke's first right in that of life. "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10: 10

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serpentdove View Post
    And a child isn't to be put to death for the crime of his father (Eze 18:20).
    Once again: Either society embraces this ideology (which it is currently doing)

As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others.
    https://www.lp.org/platform/

Or Judeo-Christian doctrine that says just the opposite:

Matthew 22: 36-40

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz View Post
    aCW - are you pro-life? If yes, how do you reconcile this with the fact that you think a 13 year-old rape victim should be able to abort?
    CheeseWiz is right. It's never right to murder a child (Eze 13:19).

Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    [A child isn't to be put to death for the crime of his father (Eze 18:20).] Once again: Either society embraces this ideology...
    And that is what society must do. Laws come from God not man (1 Ti 1:8-10, Ac 5:29).

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Once again: Either society embraces this ideology (which it is currently doing)

As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others.
    https://www.lp.org/platform/

Or Judeo-Christian doctrine that says just the opposite:

Matthew 22: 36-40

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ReyesRec View Post
    "Any Fool Can Know, The Point Is To Understand." - Albert Einstein.

In what kind of reality do "We The People" find ourseleves in when the very fabric of society seems to be tearing itself apart on its own? We have to understand that Trump is attractive to certain people who relate to him. Old and usually white people more than less. Now the rest of us that didn't vote for the asshat of the century have to do it wait for him to screw up so bad that they'll be no other choice but to force him to resign, if he doesn't want to do that he'll be impeached. Either way just want to call it out Trump will do himself in, in due time, but then we will be left with Pence...? guess we're screwed either way.. oh well...In the mean time though we can have alot of fun laughing at the stuff trump says and does. From his speeches to policies it's almost as if he was trying to write a comedic sketch on Saturday Night Live. ?
    "No man hath authority unless it be given him from above".

You, "speak evil of dignitaries" and by doing so you confirm your condemnation.
    Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself;..He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Any doctrine that glorifies Messiah is of the Holy Spirit. Any doctrine that glorifies man is from the pit.

The sovereignty of divine grace, displayed in the revelation of Messiah to my soul was the first saving truth that ever Elohim made known to me: and, as I could not find one person in a thousand that had ever seen or felt the same power, it confirmed to me still more that what Elohim had done for and in me was a sovereign act.
    I have since been further confirmed in this truth, because it was revealed to me who never sought it and never expected it and is withheld from thousands who are working hard to get it.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with u, I think we all know what will happen to Trump tho......the bible predicted, evil is taking over the world.

Sent from my SM-G935T using TOL mobile app

Thread Information