User Tag List

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: When does the biblical day begin?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,418 Times in 4,815 Posts

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    He ROSE on the Sabbath prior that first day of the week that first day of the weeks/sabbaths...and in time for the first fruits festival...
    The Lord Jesus is the Firstfruits (1 Cor.15:2) and the sheaf of the firstfruits was waved on a Sunday:

"Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest: And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it"
    (Lev.23:10-11).

The "type" was fulfilled on the same day as the "antitype".

Therefore, your placement of a comma is in error.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

jamie (February 26th, 2017),Right Divider (February 27th, 2017)

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daqq View Post
    At evening time, the time when women go out to draw water, (Gen 24:11, John 4:6-7).
    Because an evening and a morning are a yom.
    Which of these have anything to do with the one day into the next?

You got camels and wells and women drawing water...daylight ends sure...work day is over ok...but what's that got to do with next calendar day?

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    The Lord Jesus is the Firstfruits (1 Cor.15:2) and the sheaf of the firstfruits was waved on a Sunday:

"Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest: And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it"
    (Lev.23:10-11).

The "type" was fulfilled on the same day as the "antitype".

Therefore, your placement of a comma is in error.
    Wave away buddy...first fruits waving is indeed after the Sabbath, the morrow after the Sabbath...and the same day He appeared risen to one who sought Him and clung to Him but He told her He had to go Heaven to see His Father...and then He appeared risen the same day to those walking on their way to Emmus and also to those who didnt believe but were locked away in fear of the Jews...

Busy day He had...that first fruits day...

Thankfully He rose the day before well rested and refreshed...

Thanks

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wave away buddy...first fruits waving is indeed after the Sabbath, the morrow after the Sabbath...and the same day He appeared risen to one who sought Him and clung to Him but He told her He had to go Heaven to see His Father...and then He appeared risen the same day to those walking on their way to Emmus and also to those who didnt believe but were locked away in fear of the Jews...
    So the "type" does not really indicate when the Lord Jesus was raised from the dead but instead when he was first seen in a resurrected body?

That is ridiculous!

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the "type" does not really indicate when the Lord Jesus was raised from the dead but instead when he was first seen in a resurrected body?

That is ridiculous!
    Actually its a perfect match...His followers were now priests and well, He certainly presented Himself, not sure if He waved...Also presented Himself to His Father...

First fruits were to be presented and approved by the priests

Please recall the pattern on earth was to match that in Heaven...and HalleluYah His sacrifice His first fruit was approved as He went to Heaven to appear to His Father and was obviously approved and then He came back to appear to His priests...they also approved...all in one day...

Except for the rising part...He was risen it's true but rose the day before...and is still risen...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 945 Posts

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which of these have anything to do with the one day into the next?

You got camels and wells and women drawing water...daylight ends sure...work day is over ok...but what's that got to do with next calendar day?
    How long is an evening? And how long is a morning? The two make up a yom.
    And what is a yom in the yom wherein Elohim made shamayim and eretz?
    An evening and a morning are a yom, (whether it be an hour or a day).

The prayer times begin with the third hour of the day and in the shabu`im of Daniel those weeks commence with the first hour of prayer which is the third hour of the day. Two until three hours later is the third hour, counting from the third hour of the day, but in one Gospel it is counted as the sixth hour because it is three hours from the third hour of the day, (which is the first hour of prayer). It is not easy to explain, and much more difficult to understand than it is to explain, but the third hour of Mark is the sixth hour of John because Mark speaks from the perspective of the prayer times and the shabu`im-weeks of Daniel. If therefore you can learn to count "weeks" of yamim-hours in a single yom-day, (according to the hours of prayer), perhaps you will see more clearly the Father in His creation; for there is no night in the new Genesis creation account because it is six yamim-hours in one yom-day. If therefore, speaking within this symbolism, creation commences with the third yom-hour of a yom-day, which is the first hour of the prayer times, then there are six yamim-hours of spoken Word creation in the opening Genesis creation account, that is to say, six yamim-hours of spoken Word without any night whatsoever, (for Elohim divides the light from the darkness as soon as He speaks, "Let there be light", Gen 1:3-4). You therefore have "an evening and a morning" contained not only in every yom-day but in each yom-hour of light within a full yom-day. There are twelve yamim-hours in one yom-day but the day, (as well as most everything else concerning the topic of time), is divided, parted asunder, split into two halves. The first half of a full yom-day is the evening, which consists of about six yamim-hours, and commences when the sun has reached its apex or zenith in the sky overhead, and begins its downward trek into the shadows or shades of the west, (which is called "the going down of the sun", and is likewise "about the time when women go forth to draw water", (an obvious idiomatic statement)). This time of day is also the second of the hours of prayer in the daily prayer times, which is midday or noon, and the same is revealed when Peter goes up onto the housetop to pray, which was about-roundabout the sixth hour, (Acts 10:9). If therefore the "evening time" of a full yom-day commences at midday-noon then "between the two evenings" or "between the evenings" is indeed precisely the time that the Pesakh was sacrificed, that is, the bottom of the ninth hour, (it is the bottom of the ninth hour because the hours of the day are also divided in the Gospel accounts). It is essentially as if keeping two records at the same time, and dispersing comments variously between the two different modes of time keeping according to context as necessary; thus we have the third hour in Mark and the sixth hour in John, and they refer to the very same hour of the day, but one refers to the daily prayer times and the shabu`im-weeks of Daniel, (Mark), while the other simply refers to the hour of the day on the sundial, (John).

What therefore is the difference between saying Elohim created the heavens and the earth, and all that is within them, in six hours as opposed to six full twenty-four hour days? The real difference is that six full twenty-four hour days must necessarily include twelve hours of night in between each creation day of light. This means that either Elohim paused for twelve hours each time between creation days, (), or that Elohim also spoke creation into existence during darkness and it took Him an hundred forty-four hours to speak what we read in the first chapter of Genesis, (). But if you see what I have said herein above then perhaps you will see it much easier to believe that Elohim spoke creation into existence in six consecutive yamim-hours of spoken Word, without pause and in pure clear bright light of this one great day of creation, (having already divided the darkness and set it aside unto the nightfall). Therefore the seventh hour is the daily Shabbat hour of every day, (and according to the prayer time hours this makes the seventh hour daily Shabbat the tenth hour on the sundial, lol, (see John 1:39)).

Thanks

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First fruits were to be presented and approved by the priests
    So the waving of the sheaf of the firstfruits had nothing at all to do with the Lord's resurrection!

LOL!

So according to your view He was raised early on the Sabbath. So when do you say He was placed in the tomb?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

jamie (February 26th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,232 Times in 1,087 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus was harvested by the Father as the firstfruits of the dead.

The Father harvested Jesus early on the first day of the weeks leading to Pentecost.

The Feast of Weeks was seven complete weeks and the next day was Pentecost which symbolizes the harvest of the rest of the firstfruits.

The harvest of the firstfruits coincides with Jesus' manifestation of himself to establish his government.

The harvest of the first of the firstfruits and the harvest of the rest of the firstfruits both occur on the first day of the week.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the waving of the sheaf of the firstfruits had nothing at all to do with the Lord's resurrection!

LOL!

So according to your view He was raised early on the Sabbath. So when do you say He was placed in the tomb?
    Jesus was risen on Sunday morning, the say after the Saturday Sabbath.

Jesus our brother, was resurrected on the first day AFTER THE WEEKLY SABBATH that followed the Friday Passover, which Passover day began as the sun set on the Thursday, the day of preparation, and the day on which Jesus died at 3 PM, between the two evenings of Midday, when the sun began its descent, and 6 PM when the sun began to sink beneath the horizon.

Jesus our brother, was resurrected on the first day AFTER THE WEEKLY SABBATH that followed the Passover, which is the festival of "First Fruits," and Jesus, the compilation of all the righteous spirits over whom death had no more power, who had died and were judged and separated from the unrighteous dead, and had entered into rest in the bosom of Abraham, was the First Fruits to be harvested from the body of mankind.

The first of many brothers and sisters to be born the children of God, not by blood, nor by the will of the flesh, nor by the will of man, but like our brother Jesus, who was filled with the spirit of the Lord, who is THE SON OF MAN, the MOST HIGH in the creation, that descended upon JESUS in the form of a dove as the heavenly voice was heard to say, "You are my son, TODAY I have become your Father."

The brothers and sisters, like their brother Jesus, are to be conformed to the glorious image of God's only begotten Son, "The Son of Man," who pays the penalty for the sins of the body=mankind in which he develops, AS WE ALSO MUST DO.

It was He, who said in the Holy Scriptures, "And now I will summons the spirits of the good who belong to the generation of light, and I will transform those who were born in darkness, who, in the flesh were not recompensed with such honour as their faithfulness deserved. And I will bring forth in shining light those who have loved My holy name (Who I Am=JHWH,) and I will seat each one on the throne of his honour. And they shall be resplendent for times without number."

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Jesus was harvested by the Father as the firstfruits of the dead...
    I am scratching my head over this one. Can somebody explain?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    It's NT so don't be concerned about it.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    Jesus is the "firstfruits" in that he's the first, and only man so far, to come back from death with an immortal human body.

Rom 6:9 . . Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over him.

/

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WeberHome View Post
    Jesus is the "firstfruits" in that he's the first, and only man so far, to come back from death with an immortal human body.

Rom 6:9 . . Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over him.
    And there is also this one.

But now Christ is risen from the dead and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. (1 Corinthians 15:20)

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL!
    of course it had something to do with...it followed His resurrection as He was the first fruits...

Some say early Sabbath as His flesh knew no corruption...I am inclined to think He rested the Sabbath daylight portion and was raised towards the end or evening or it dont even matter...just not the next day as it was before sunrise...but He was rested healed and refreshed ready for the first fruits presentation to His Father and followers who are now priests...

He was placed in the tomb Friday evening...after permission from Pilate was granted to have the body and taking it down off the tree and moving it to the tomb...a full moon assisted lighting the path to the tomb and the quick embalming as they had to hurry home and eat the roasted lamb passover meal too...

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by S-word View Post
    Jesus was risen on Sunday morning, the say after the Saturday Sabbath.

Jesus our brother, was resurrected on the first day AFTER THE WEEKLY SABBATH that followed the Friday Passover, which Passover day began as the sun set on the Thursday, the day of preparation, and the day on which Jesus died at 3 PM, between the two evenings of Midday, when the sun began its descent, and 6 PM when the sun began to sink beneath the horizon.

Jesus our brother, was resurrected on the first day AFTER THE WEEKLY SABBATH that followed the Passover, which is the festival of "First Fruits," and Jesus, the compilation of all the righteous spirits over whom death had no more power, who had died and were judged and separated from the unrighteous dead, and had entered into rest in the bosom of Abraham, was the First Fruits to be harvested from the body of mankind.

The first of many brothers and sisters to be born the children of God, not by blood, nor by the will of the flesh, nor by the will of man, but like our brother Jesus, who was filled with the spirit of the Lord, who is THE SON OF MAN, the MOST HIGH in the creation, that descended upon JESUS in the form of a dove as the heavenly voice was heard to say, "You are my son, TODAY I have become your Father."

The brothers and sisters, like their brother Jesus, are to be conformed to the glorious image of God's only begotten Son, "The Son of Man," who pays the penalty for the sins of the body=mankind in which he develops, AS WE ALSO MUST DO.

It was He, who said in the Holy Scriptures, "And now I will summons the spirits of the good who belong to the generation of light, and I will transform those who were born in darkness, who, in the flesh were not recompensed with such honour as their faithfulness deserved. And I will bring forth in shining light those who have loved My holy name (Who I Am=JHWH,) and I will seat each one on the throne of his honour. And they shall be resplendent for times without number."
    After the Sabbath was over and first thing in the morning of the first day the only thing that happened was the tomb was discovered empty...angels telling them "He is not here"...

Thread Information