User Tag List

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 258

Thread: Why Some Are Hell Bound

  1. #241
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,813
    Thanks
    1,687
    Thanked 965 Times in 788 Posts

    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    103030
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Do you believe the Father joins together unlike kinds?

    How can we be the flesh and bones of Jesus and not be equal?

    For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. (Ephesians 5:30-32)

    How can we be members of his body and not be what he is?
    Of


    Of the Christ of GOD.

    Not the fullness thereof. Especially not while proclaiming such or while in sin or hypocrisy.



    Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

  2. #242
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,949
    Thanks
    1,353
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 1,054 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    313641
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    Not the fullness thereof. Especially not while proclaiming such or while in sin or hypocrisy.
    Right. As long as you are in sin and hypocrisy you are not his kind.

  3. #243
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,813
    Thanks
    1,687
    Thanked 965 Times in 788 Posts

    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    103030
    Regardless of if you are a branch of the vine or not; you are not the vine itself, but only a branch. All branches make up the vine in fullness.

    peace

    Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

  4. #244
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    11,110
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 983 Posts

    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    307217
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Right. As long as you are in sin and hypocrisy you are not his kind.
    We are still in our Adamic bodies that are sinful. We need to be changed, 1 Corinthians 15:35-58.

  5. #245
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,949
    Thanks
    1,353
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 1,054 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    313641
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    We are still in our Adamic bodies that are sinful. We need to be changed, 1 Corinthians 15:35-58.
    Sin is spiritual in nature, not physical. At one time Jesus inhabited an Adamic type body.

    Sin begins in the mind and is acted on in the body. We can control our body and our mind. God gives us that power.

    Adam made a choice and was held accountable. We do not need to make the choice to sin.

  6. #246
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    11,110
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 983 Posts

    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    307217
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Sin is spiritual in nature, not physical. At one time Jesus inhabited an Adamic type body.

    Sin begins in the mind and is acted on in the body. We can control our body and our mind. God gives us that power.

    Adam made a choice and was held accountable. We do not need to make the choice to sin.
    Whether you make the choice or not, you are still a sinner by nature.

  7. #247
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,949
    Thanks
    1,353
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 1,054 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    313641
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Whether you make the choice or not, you are still a sinner by nature.
    So Christ changes our old nature and replaces it with a new nature.

    It's called becoming a new creature.

  8. #248
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    11,110
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 983 Posts

    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    307217
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    So Christ changes our old nature and replaces it with a new nature.

    It's called becoming a new creature.
    So, now you are a Catholic? Do you think that your new nature will pass in the judgment?

  9. #249
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,949
    Thanks
    1,353
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 1,054 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    313641
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    So, now you are a Catholic? Do you think that your new nature will pass in the judgment?
    Was Jesus Catholic? Was he an example of the new nature?

    Those of us who have died to sin are being judged now.

  10. #250
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    11,110
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 983 Posts

    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    307217
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Sin is spiritual in nature, not physical. At one time Jesus inhabited an Adamic type body.

    Sin begins in the mind and is acted on in the body. We can control our body and our mind. God gives us that power.

    Adam made a choice and was held accountable. We do not need to make the choice to sin.
    Wrong again. Jesus was not born after Adam. He was of God.

  11. #251
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    11,110
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 983 Posts

    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    307217
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Was Jesus Catholic? Was he an example of the new nature?

    Those of us who have died to sin are being judged now.
    Wrong again. We shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

  12. #252
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,949
    Thanks
    1,353
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 1,054 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    313641
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Wrong again. Jesus was not born after Adam. He was of God.
    Those born of the flesh are flesh. Mary was flesh and Jesus was flesh. They both bled.

    Those born of the Spirit are Spirit, they don't bleed.

  13. #253
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,949
    Thanks
    1,353
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 1,054 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    313641
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Wrong again. We shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
    For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
    (1 Peter 4:17 KJV)

  14. #254
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    11,110
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 983 Posts

    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    307217
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? (1 Peter 4:17 KJV)
    You need to find out what it means to obey the Gospel.

  15. #255
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,949
    Thanks
    1,353
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 1,054 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    313641
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    You need to find out what it means to obey the Gospel.
    Your gospel or Jesus' gospel. They are not the same.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us