User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If it was your faith, it gives occasion to boast!

Over 2000 post club Eagles Wings's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,828 Times in 1,204 Posts

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoisses View Post
    There is a work for the Christian to perform in his walk with Christ.

He has to figure out that God does everything...this often takes time.
    Huh?

You got some 'splainin to do.
    Psalm 42:1-2 (KJV)

1 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagles Wings For Your Post:

Nang (February 22nd, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to work hard to get to heaven and you're just lazy. Let's go keep some commandments, come on - chop, chop!
    The Jesus Christ I know and serve, He Lived and Died for me, and fulfilled the Law and obeyed it perfectly on my behalf.

Rom. 5:19
    For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

beloved57 (February 23rd, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,925 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    The Jesus Christ I know and serve, He Lived and Died for me, and fulfilled the Law and obeyed it perfectly on my behalf.

Rom. 5:19
    For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
    Hey, you know that religious folk don't care about what Christ did and accomplished, what He obeyed, they care about what they do so they can boast about it.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Hey, you know that religious folk don't care about what Christ did and accomplished, what He obeyed, they care about what they do so they can boast about it.

Yeah, isn't that the truth!

We witness their boasting about their own hearing, believing, obeying, etc., day after day on this forum.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

beloved57 (February 23rd, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles Wings View Post
    Huh?

You got some 'splainin to do.
    Faith is a growing process. We don't start out knowing that God is in control of everything. Paul said the same thing.

..work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Phil. 2:12,13

Over 2000 post club Eagles Wings's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,828 Times in 1,204 Posts

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faith is a growing process. We don't start out knowing that God is in control of everything. Paul said the same thing.

..work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Phil. 2:12,13
    Love this verse, with added emphasis. Thanks.
    Psalm 42:1-2 (KJV)

1 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many religious folks deny unconditional election based solely upon Gods Sovereign will, to choose whom He may, and do falsely teach that election is based upon God foreseeing who would believe verese who would not believe. Now this totally goes against scripture and election the purpose of God Rom 9:11

(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

If they were not yet born, how could they have believed ? Man cannot believe before he exists.

Not only that, if God did choose a man for salvation because he believed, then men would be chosen based upon some inherent good God seen in them, but didn't see in another He didn't choose . So those who hold fact election conditioned upon faith, are in reality basing election by Grace upon an inherent good within a person, which is totally opposed to Salvation by Grace, not of works, lest man has an occasion to boast !

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many religious folks deny unconditional election based solely upon Gods Sovereign will, to choose whom He may, and do falsely teach that election is based upon God foreseeing who would believe verese who would not believe. Now this totally goes against scripture and election the purpose of God Rom 9:11

(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

If they were not yet born, how could they have believed ? Man cannot believe before he exists.

Not only that, if God did choose a man for salvation because he believed, then men would be chosen based upon some inherent good God seen in them, but didn't see in another He didn't choose . So those who hold fact election conditioned upon faith, are in reality basing election by Grace upon an inherent good within a person, which is totally opposed to Salvation by Grace, not of works, lest man has an occasion to boast !

Exactly! Their election wasn't based on what they would or would not do, but solely upon God's Grace for them Rom. 11:5 2 Tim. 1:9 , His Vessels of Mercy which He had afore prepared unto Glory Rom. 9:23, and predetermined that they shall believe on Him. So God's Purpose of Election has nothing to do with a person's actions, because as stated in Rom. 9:11, they hadn't yet done any, as they were not even born yet to do anything !

But the reason a person shall believe is because God had chosen them [Elected] to Salvation.

2 Thes. 2:13
    But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Gal. 5:22
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Thanks
    Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,283 Posts

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    Yeah, isn't that the truth!

We witness their boasting about their own hearing, believing, obeying, etc., day after day on this forum.
    Both of your comments, as well as the thread title, reveal what this really concerns: you are merely accusing others of boasting because they believe what the scripture tells them. The OP also says that others will try to use Greek to explain away the opening post, (as if that is something bad), but then proceeds to explain the Greek meaning of pistis, (lol).

Matthew 9:22 W/H
    22 ο δε ιησους στραφεις και ιδων αυτην ειπεν θαρσει θυγατερ η πιστις σου σεσωκεν σε και εσωθη η γυνη απο της ωρας εκεινης

Mark 10:52 W/H
    52 και ο ιησους ειπεν αυτω υπαγε η πιστις σου σεσωκεν σε και ευθυς ανεβλεψεν και ηκολουθει αυτω εν τη οδω

Luke 7:50 W/H
    50 ειπεν δε προς την γυναικα η πιστις σου σεσωκεν σε πορευου εις ειρηνην

"η πιστις σου σεσωκεν σε" ~ "Your faith-trust-belief has saved-delivered you"

Luke 7:50 KJV
    50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

Luke 7:50 ASV
    50 And he said unto the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

The accusation of boasting, for simply believing what the scripture says, is nothing more than an excuse on the part of the accusers who do not wish to believe what the scripture says.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daqq View Post
    Both of your comments, as well as the thread title, reveal what this really concerns: you are merely accusing others of boasting because they believe what the scripture tells them. The OP also says that others will try to use Greek to explain away the opening post, (as if that is something bad), but then proceeds to explain the Greek meaning of pistis, (lol).

22 ο δε ιησους στραφεις και ιδων αυτην ειπεν θαρσει θυγατερ η πιστις σου σεσωκεν σε και εσωθη η γυνη απο της ωρας εκεινης

52 και ο ιησους ειπεν αυτω υπαγε η πιστις σου σεσωκεν σε και ευθυς ανεβλεψεν και ηκολουθει αυτω εν τη οδω

The accusation of boasting, for simply believing what the scripture says, is nothing more than an excuse on the part of the accusers who do not wish to believe what the scripture says.
    You justifying boasting in man !

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Charles Spurgeon !

14. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (June 30th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are saved by the faith of Jesus Christ which was not forced upon us bit rather we believed to receive. Romans 10:9

Thanks

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You justifying boasting in man !

Nope, but you are now justifying your false accusations with more accusations.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, but you are now justifying your false accusations with more accusations.
    Yep, no false accusation. Let's discuss the Op and you prove false accusation.

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, no false accusation. Let's discuss the Op and you prove false accusation.

Already done:

And you rejected the Testimony of the Messiah when you rejected the above. And you do so because in your doctrine you do not know the difference between "the works of the Law" and "the works of Elohim" as the Master expounds:

John 6:28-29 ASV
    28 They said therefore unto him, What must we do, that we may work the works of God?
    29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

This is the work of Elohim: that you put your faithful trusting belief into the one whom Elohim has sent. That means you must believe and faithfully trust all of his words, the Testimony of the Anointed One found in the Gospel accounts, (and the Apocalypse), which Testimony you have already openly rejected herein above by falsely claiming that by trusting those words I and others are putting our boast in MAN. You are in fact teaching the POLAR OPPOSITE from what the Messiah teaches because of your very own rejection of his words and teachings. The "works of the Law" are the things one can do with the hands, feet, or with the body, but the works of Elohim are done in the heart, mind, and soul. One may sit in silence, while the whole body is at rest and reposed, and yet, at the same time may be doing the works of Elohim. Mortify your "members" which are upon your land, as Paul likewise admonishes you to do: put the deeds of the body to death, put them to "sleep", (in repose, inactive). It is within your own will and power, (in Messiah, by way of his Testimony), to either do so, or to not do so. When you open your mouth to accuse the faithful, who believe the Testimony of the Master, you do worse than those who do evil by way of the body: for what comes forth from your mouth proceeds from your heart, and therefore, as I said, you actually do the polar opposite of what the Master teaches.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Already done:

And you rejected the Testimony of the Messiah when you rejected the above. And you do so because in your doctrine you do not know the difference between "the works of the Law" and "the works of Elohim" as the Master expounds:

John 6:28-29 ASV
    28 They said therefore unto him, What must we do, that we may work the works of God?
    29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

This is the work of Elohim: that you put your faithful trusting belief into the one whom Elohim has sent. That means you must believe and faithfully trust all of his words, the Testimony of the Anointed One found in the Gospel accounts, (and the Apocalypse), which Testimony you have already openly rejected herein above by falsely claiming that by trusting those words I and others are putting our boast in MAN. You are in fact teaching the POLAR OPPOSITE from what the Messiah teaches because of your very own rejection of his words and teachings. The "works of the Law" are the things one can do with the hands, feet, or with the body, but the works of Elohim are done in the heart, mind, and soul. One may sit in silence, while the whole body is at rest and reposed, and yet, at the same time may be doing the works of Elohim. Mortify your "members" which are upon your land, as Paul likewise admonishes you to do: put the deeds of the body to death, put them to "sleep", (in repose, inactive). It is within your own will and power, (in Messiah, by way of his Testimony), to either do so, or to not do so. When you open your mouth to accuse the faithful, who believe the Testimony of the Master, you do worse than those who do evil by way of the body: for what comes forth from your mouth proceeds from your heart, and therefore, as I said, you actually do the polar opposite of what the Master teaches.
    Why are you scared to discuss the OP ? Explain to me my points made and how made by the OP !

Charles Spurgeon !

Thread Information