User Tag List

Page 333 of 335 FirstFirst ... 233283323330331332333334335 LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 5021

Thread: The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

  1. #4981
    Silver Member Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    9,161
    Thanks
    485
    Thanked 5,997 Times in 3,217 Posts

    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147762
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post






    Patrick,

    Do these little capsules of stupidity actually hold water with you or are you just posting them for fun or what?

    That one about being able to see Mercury and Venus literally made me laugh out loud! Especially since it's refutation was posted directly below it! Did you even notice that you had posted its refutation?

    I'm asking because I cannot reconcile some of the things I've seen you post on other threads with the abject, slobber-mouthed stupidity it would require to be convinced by any of these things you've been deluging the thread with.

    Clete

    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

    Derf (March 7th, 2018),JudgeRightly (March 6th, 2018),Tambora (March 10th, 2018)

  3. #4982
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    7,773
    Thanks
    25,103
    Thanked 7,040 Times in 4,438 Posts

    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147607
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...0&share_type=t

    PART 2: The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    patrick jane (March 6th, 2018),Tambora (March 10th, 2018)

  5. #4983
    Spam Begone Sherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    13,157
    Thanks
    2,505
    Thanked 12,181 Times in 8,483 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)




    Rep Power
    2147712
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...0&share_type=t

    PART 2: The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

    Please let DFT_Dave start the new one. This is his thread series.
    Sherman
    June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? More like tolerate perversity.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (March 7th, 2018),Tambora (March 10th, 2018)

  7. #4984
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,403
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,577 Times in 13,017 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by patrick jane








    @JudgeRightly - The Bible also references a few pagan works. Should they be called scripture as well? Here's a list of all the non-canonical works referenced in the Bible. Should they all be included as scripture? NO.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-ca...d_in_the_Bible
    Did the pagans in mentioned in the Bible walk with God? Were they taken by God and not taste death? Were they mentioned several times as being close to God? Were they 7th in line from Adam? Were any of the pagan teachings mention AND accepted by the apostles and Bible authors as knowing God personally? I think that answers your question of whether Enoch is acceptable to Christians. I realize the books destroy your favorite "planet and "universe" delusion but other than that . . . It's hard for a book or books to be canonized when they only found some 1,500 years after the Bible was agreed upon.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

    Tambora (March 10th, 2018)

  9. #4985
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    7,773
    Thanks
    25,103
    Thanked 7,040 Times in 4,438 Posts

    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147607
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Originally Posted by patrick jane










    Did the pagans in mentioned in the Bible walk with God? Were they taken by God and not taste death? Were they mentioned several times as being close to God? Were they 7th in line from Adam? Were any of the pagan teachings mention AND accepted by the apostles and Bible authors as knowing God personally? I think that answers your question of whether Enoch is acceptable to Christians. I realize the books destroy your favorite "planet and "universe" delusion but other than that . . . It's hard for a book or books to be canonized when they only found some 1,500 years after the Bible was agreed upon.
    https://www.gotquestions.org/book-of-Enoch.html

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    Tambora (March 10th, 2018)

  11. #4986
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    7,773
    Thanks
    25,103
    Thanked 7,040 Times in 4,438 Posts

    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147607
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Originally Posted by patrick jane










    Did the pagans in mentioned in the Bible walk with God? Were they taken by God and not taste death? Were they mentioned several times as being close to God? Were they 7th in line from Adam? Were any of the pagan teachings mention AND accepted by the apostles and Bible authors as knowing God personally? I think that answers your question of whether Enoch is acceptable to Christians. I realize the books destroy your favorite "planet and "universe" delusion but other than that . . . It's hard for a book or books to be canonized when they only found some 1,500 years after the Bible was agreed upon.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    https://www.compellingtruth.org/book-of-Enoch.html

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    patrick jane (March 7th, 2018),Tambora (March 10th, 2018)

  13. #4987
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,403
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,577 Times in 13,017 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post



    I think the true parts are about flat earth and the cosmos.

  14. #4988
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    7,773
    Thanks
    25,103
    Thanked 7,040 Times in 4,438 Posts

    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147607
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I think the true parts are about flat earth and the cosmos.
    See, there's your problem. Thinking something and knowing something are two different concepts entirely.

    Thinking the earth is round (or flat, for that matter) is one thing. Knowing it is round is quite another. You think the earth is flat because there are arguments that suggest such, whereas I know the earth is round because the evidence (such as the pictures and explanation I provided in my thread (linked above), the mathematical calculations, point to point distances, heck just looking at the moon) prove a round earth.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    Tambora (March 10th, 2018)

  16. #4989
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,403
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,577 Times in 13,017 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    See, there's your problem. Thinking something and knowing something are two different concepts entirely.

    Thinking the earth is round (or flat, for that matter) is one thing. Knowing it is round is quite another. You think the earth is flat because there are arguments that suggest such, whereas I know the earth is round because the evidence (such as the pictures and explanation I provided in my thread (linked above), the mathematical calculations, point to point distances, heck just looking at the moon) prove a round earth.






  17. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

    Tambora (March 10th, 2018)

  18. #4990
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,403
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,577 Times in 13,017 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0





  19. #4991
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    7,773
    Thanks
    25,103
    Thanked 7,040 Times in 4,438 Posts

    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147607
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Saying something doesn't make it so. Show how they do not work on a globe.

    Ignorance sure is bliss, especially when it's willful ignorance.

    Magnetic fields don't work like this image is implying, making this image a straw-man.

    First half of this image:

    Translation for the flat earther:

    Earth is rotating once per day, around the sun once per year, moving around the center of the galaxy once every 230 million years (and no, I'm NOT saying that the earth is as old as big-bangers say, just that it is calculated that the solar system will take 230 million years to orbit the center of the galaxy). And no, they wouldn't be.

    Second half of this image:

    The moon is much more massive, moving a lot slower, whereas a satellite is (relatively speaking compared to the moon) much less massive and is moving a speed which keeps it in orbit, or in other words, it's moving around the earth (just like the moon is, much further away) in a way that it is continuously falling around the earth.

    https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-gy...s-earth.t7413/

  20. #4992
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    7,773
    Thanks
    25,103
    Thanked 7,040 Times in 4,438 Posts

    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147607
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post




    https://www.metabunk.org/flat-earth-...america.t6483/

  21. #4993
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    7,773
    Thanks
    25,103
    Thanked 7,040 Times in 4,438 Posts

    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147607
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post





    Oh, by the way, if you pulled out a compass while standing on the north pole, your compass would point south towards Ellesmere Island in Northern Canada, because that's where the magnetic north pole is.

    But you wouldn't know that, because you apparently don't know how basic magnetism and magnetic fields work.

  22. #4994
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,403
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,577 Times in 13,017 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Oh, by the way, if you pulled out a compass while standing on the north pole, your compass would point south towards Ellesmere Island in Northern Canada, because that's where the magnetic north pole is.

    But you wouldn't know that, because you apparently don't know how basic magnetism and magnetic fields work.
    I wouldn't know. I know there is a true magnetic north pole. Not so much in the south though.

  23. #4995
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    7,773
    Thanks
    25,103
    Thanked 7,040 Times in 4,438 Posts

    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147607
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I wouldn't know. I know there is a true magnetic north pole. Not so much in the south though.
    I think, no, I know, you need to stop making arguments about topics you don't understand.

    Go learn about magnets and then come back and try to make that argument.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us