User Tag List

Page 267 of 335 FirstFirst ... 167217257264265266267268269270277317 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 5021

Thread: The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

  1. #3991
    Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,617
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 248 Times in 206 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111343
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    There is no gravity.... the earth sucks.
    I always wondered why the Earth sucks.

  2. #3992
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Came across this video today.

    https://youtu.be/Xc4xYacTu-E
    Interesting video. Hmm physicists...the definiton of time is so complicated?!

  3. #3993
    Over 2000 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,057
    Thanks
    473
    Thanked 424 Times in 296 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    203712
    Flat earth believers have all sorts of excuses for why gravity cannot hold things and people to the spherical earth. These claims are based on misunderstandings of science, denial of conclusive evidence, and other nonsense. This video debunks several of these claims:

    1. Gravity does not exist.
    2. Gravity has never been proven.
    3. Gravity is just density and buoyancy.
    4. Gravity is just air pressure.
    5. Gravity is just electromagnetism.
    6. Gravity is selective.
    7. Water finds its level and cannot bend.

    .

  4. #3994
    LIFETIME MEMBER DFT_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,023
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 204 Times in 177 Posts

    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    66772
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Flat earth believers have all sorts of excuses for why gravity cannot hold things and people to the spherical earth. These claims are based on misunderstandings of science, denial of conclusive evidence, and other nonsense. This video debunks several of these claims:

    1. Gravity does not exist.
    2. Gravity has never been proven.
    3. Gravity is just density and buoyancy.
    4. Gravity is just air pressure.
    5. Gravity is just electromagnetism.
    6. Gravity is selective.
    7. Water finds its level and cannot bend.

    .
    Hi everyone,I'm back. This is a good topic to explore. What is gravity? I will look at the video and answer it from the flat earth perspective. But first I will say that gravity is an invisible force that cannot be validated by empirical evidence. It is believed to exist by it's effect not by it's physical properties but it's effect on the material world. Gravity answers the question why things don't fly off a planet spinning at the speed of sound. But if the world is flat and stationary then no such invisible force is needed. Gravity is the result of a thought experiment not a discovery.

    --Dave
    www.dynamicfreetheism.com
    The only view of ultimate reality that provides
    rational answers to the questions of human origin, destiny, and dignity.
    The only view that proves the existence and explains
    the nature of God.

  5. #3995
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12,889
    Thanks
    10,106
    Thanked 17,809 Times in 10,076 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147670

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    Hi everyone,I'm back. This is a good topic to explore. What is gravity? I will look at the video and answer it from the flat earth perspective. But first I will say that gravity is an invisible force that cannot be validated by empirical evidence. It is believed to exist by it's effect not by it's physical properties but it's effect on the material world. Gravity answers the question why things don't fly off a planet spinning at the speed of sound. But if the world is flat and stationary then no such invisible force is needed. Gravity is the result of a thought experiment not a discovery.

    --Dave
    Welcome back Dave, but you're getting off to a terrible re-start.

    Even if the earth were flat and stationary, things still fall DOWN. There is still SOME force that does that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (January 26th, 2018),Tambora (January 26th, 2018),User Name (January 26th, 2018)

  7. #3996
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    7249
    Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    Here is a short list of observable proofs for a flat earth:

    1. There is no visible curvature.

    2. All bodies of water are absolutely level.

    3. All aircraft move over a stationary flat plain.

    Arguments against these facts contradict sensory perception.
    --Dave
    So all the imagery from satellites, hubble telescope etc. are just some kind of "trick photography"? The earth is a sphere. Is the moon flat as well? Is the sun flat as well?

    Goofy .... totally goofy.

    Arguments against these facts contradict sensory perception.
    "Sensory" ie, taste, smell, hear ..... SIGHT ....

  8. #3997
    LIFETIME MEMBER DFT_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,023
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 204 Times in 177 Posts

    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    66772
    Why something's fall down and somethings go up is explained by buoyancy and density etc on a flat stationary earth. Gravity is an explanation that depends on a premise and is not a proof of a spinning globe.


    Sent from my iPhone using TOL
    www.dynamicfreetheism.com
    The only view of ultimate reality that provides
    rational answers to the questions of human origin, destiny, and dignity.
    The only view that proves the existence and explains
    the nature of God.

  9. #3998
    Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Posts
    4,870
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 684 Times in 479 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    288132
    Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    Hi everyone,I'm back. This is a good topic to explore. What is gravity? I will look at the video and answer it from the flat earth perspective. But first I will say that gravity is an invisible force that cannot be validated by empirical evidence. It is believed to exist by it's effect not by it's physical properties but it's effect on the material world. Gravity answers the question why things don't fly off a planet spinning at the speed of sound. But if the world is flat and stationary then no such invisible force is needed. Gravity is the result of a thought experiment not a discovery.

    --Dave
    Hi Dave. Density is measured in mass per unit volume. For humans, the average density is 985kg/m^3. Men or women, children or adults, we all have the same density. Lets say that there are two men who regularly work out at the gym and are in comparable physical condition. Can you explain to us why the 6' man weighs more than the 5' man? Their density is the same, but their weight is not. Why?
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    What are my fruits today?

    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CabinetMaker For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (January 26th, 2018),Right Divider (January 26th, 2018)

  11. #3999
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12,889
    Thanks
    10,106
    Thanked 17,809 Times in 10,076 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147670

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    Why something's fall down and somethings go up is explained by buoyancy and density etc on a flat stationary earth. Gravity is an explanation that depends on a premise and is not a proof of a spinning globe.
    I don't know anyone here who has claimed that gravity is proof of a spinning globe.

    Gravity is seen by its effect whether there is a globe or a flat earth.

    You are confusing things immensely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (January 26th, 2018),Tambora (January 26th, 2018)

  13. #4000
    LIFETIME MEMBER DFT_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,023
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 204 Times in 177 Posts

    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    66772
    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    Hi Dave. Density is measured in mass per unit volume. For humans, the average density is 985kg/m^3. Men or women, children or adults, we all have the same density. Lets say that there are two men who regularly work out at the gym and are in comparable physical condition. Can you explain to us why the 6' man weighs more than the 5' man? Their density is the same, but their weight is not. Why?
    The question is what is gravity. We can handle, feel, and see the physical world but not gravity.


    Sent from my iPhone using TOL
    www.dynamicfreetheism.com
    The only view of ultimate reality that provides
    rational answers to the questions of human origin, destiny, and dignity.
    The only view that proves the existence and explains
    the nature of God.

  14. #4001
    Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Posts
    4,870
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 684 Times in 479 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    288132
    Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    The question is what is gravity. We can handle, feel, and see the physical world but not gravity.


    Sent from my iPhone using TOL
    You need to answer my question to get at what gravity is. Why do two people with the same density have different weights? What explains the difference?
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    What are my fruits today?

    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CabinetMaker For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (January 26th, 2018),Right Divider (January 26th, 2018),User Name (January 26th, 2018)

  16. #4002
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12,889
    Thanks
    10,106
    Thanked 17,809 Times in 10,076 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147670

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    The question is what is gravity. We can handle, feel, and see the physical world but not gravity.
    There are LOTS of things that we do not "handle, feel and see" in the physical world.
    Do you see or feel microwave radiation or xrays?
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (January 26th, 2018),Tambora (January 28th, 2018)

  18. #4003
    LIFETIME MEMBER DFT_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,023
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 204 Times in 177 Posts

    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    66772
    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    You need to answer my question to get at what gravity is. Why do two people with the same density have different weights? What explains the difference?
    As you should know by now, if you have a point to make, make it. Don't ask me to do what you are already planning to do. So answer your own question.

    --Dave
    www.dynamicfreetheism.com
    The only view of ultimate reality that provides
    rational answers to the questions of human origin, destiny, and dignity.
    The only view that proves the existence and explains
    the nature of God.

  19. #4004
    Over 2000 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,057
    Thanks
    473
    Thanked 424 Times in 296 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    203712
    Quote Originally Posted by eleos View Post
    So all the imagery from satellites, hubble telescope etc. are just some kind of "trick photography"? The earth is a sphere. Is the moon flat as well? Is the sun flat as well?

    Goofy .... totally goofy.
    Yes. The flat-headers actually believe that everything is flat. Moon, sun, everything. Utter nonsense.

  20. #4005
    LIFETIME MEMBER DFT_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,023
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 204 Times in 177 Posts

    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    66772
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Yes. The flat-headers actually believe that everything is flat. Moon, sun, everything. Utter nonsense.
    Flat earth is right up there with flat universe.

    --Dave
    www.dynamicfreetheism.com
    The only view of ultimate reality that provides
    rational answers to the questions of human origin, destiny, and dignity.
    The only view that proves the existence and explains
    the nature of God.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us