Where do you dwell?

Where do you dwell?

• I own my house or condo (no mortgage)

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • I own a house or condo (yet I have a mortgage)

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • I rent a house or condo

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I rent an apartment

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I am living with family or friends

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • I am living in a motel or shelter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am homeless and live in the street

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
C

cattyfan

We are in a home which was rehabbed for us just before we moved in . We're looking at buying it before summer ends.

assuranceagent

We owned for several years, but we sold and now we rent.

We have a vacation box under the freeway that we rent to STP on an 'as needed' basis.

We also own a timeshare in a van down by the river. :plain:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We own (our mortgage) but I continually dream of owning something else.

NW just survived his 2,897th round of lay offs in 10 years with practically the same company.

Actually, it was close to about the 8th or 9th round. It's like being held hostage by the boogie man, never knowing when he's going to jump out at ya!

Seems like everytime we think about buying another home we hear rumors of another lay off. :sigh:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I’ve got a mansion just over the hilltop.

Mansion Over The Hilltop
Words and music by Ira F. Stanphill

I'm satisfied with just a cottage below,
A little silver and a little gold;
But in that city where the ransomed will shine,
I want a gold one that's silver-lined.

Tho' often tempted, tormented and tested
And, like the prophet, my pillow a stone,
And tho' I find here no permanent dwelling,
I know He'll give me a mansion my own.

Don't think me poor or deserted or lonely,
I'm not discouraged, I'm heaven bound;
I'm just a pilgrim in search of a city,
I want a mansion, a harp and a crown.

I've got a mansion just over the hilltop,
In that bright land where we'll never grow old;
And someday yonder we will never more wander,
But walk the streets that are purest gold.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We have owned several different houses, but now we rent an apartment. It is easier for the two of us since we have some health problems.​

allsmiles

My dad has said, "You think you own your home? Stop paying your property taxes and you'll find out who really owns it."

At any rate, my oldest younger brother and I just got a new apartment. It's pretty sweet. Half the distance to work that I was driving before. I love it.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I have some homes and stuff, but the best thing I have is a paid ticket to heaven and as much as I like sticking around in this would, I am not afraid of leaving.

My bags are packed and bills are paid
When I blast off, have a party for me, y'all hear.:cheers: :jump: :juggle:
:chew: ha ha :juggle:

:wave:

Tchort

We own (our mortgage) but I continually dream of owning something else.
NW just survived his 2,897th round of lay offs in 10 years with practically the same company.
Actually, it was close to about the 8th or 9th round. It's like being held hostage by the boogie man, never knowing when he's going to jump out at ya!
Seems like everytime we think about buying another home we hear rumors of another lay off. :sigh:

I know how you feel. I began working for a privately own small company about 7 years ago and we were all "let go" back in March of this year. As soon as i found out, I was working with a much larger company within two weeks in the same field (IT). Just two weeks ago, layoff rounds began. Alas, since I am not a contract employee, I cannot be laid off, but the people that have worked there for years are being cut.
My Boogieman has already jumped out, but I am much more alert now.
I hope it does not happen to you!

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
We rent an apartment... but that's only because Knight wouldn't let us live in his basement!!!!!!!!!! :noid:

pozzolane

BANNED
Banned
My fiancee and I live in her house that she owns with a mortgage. I also own a house (with mortgage) that we now rent out.

wholearmor

My dad has said, "You think you own your home? Stop paying your property taxes and you'll find out who really owns it."

Your dad is right. He should participate in my "You know you're not really free in the land of the free and the home of the brave when..." thread.