User Tag List

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Fundamental question: how can the one David referred to be his son?

Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,117 Times in 10,018 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    I know D'ism because we had to read Ryrie at MU. The fatal chapter is 2P2P. He said D'ism stands or falls on that doctrine, but he never said what he should have: it is a farce.
    It doesn't stand on that doctrine.

There is nothing pivotal about Acts 9, that is all mistaking a Judaizers gospel invading the church and thinking that the church had 2 gospels, WHICH IT DID NOT.
    You're right; the church didn't have two gospels.

Then if my question is stupid, so is the title of this thread.
    I agree. The title is stupid. But I didn't start the thread; you did.

Why did christ bother with it, and why did it stop Judaism from any further questions?
    Why did Christ bother with what? What is"it"?

I know the genealogies, Mr Sunday School instructor, but what you have not answered is christ's question which make it irrelevant. If he is called Lord, (what is the point) of calling him 'son'?
    "Son" is an idiom for a male descendant, you twit. That's the point. In order to sit on David's throne He had to be born in the flesh as a descendant of David.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

steko (December 3rd, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 1,604 Posts

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

"Son" is an idiom for a male descendant, you twit. That's the point. In order to sit on David's throne He had to be born in the flesh as a descendant of David.
    The "Son" of God assumed the issue (seed) of David to fulfill the full extant of His covenant promise given to Eve . . That the Savior who would remedy the original sin and crush the head of Satan, would be the Seed of God, born of woman.

IOW's the Divine & Royal Son of God would utilize and supersede the royal human seed
    of David, through the hypostatic Union of God and Man in Jesus Christ.

Any theology that goes to an extreme in emphasizing Spirit apart from flesh or flesh apart from Spirit as being a Gospel message that alone can save souls, does err.

MADists emphasize David & Paul,s human status(flesh) over the revelation of the Man Jesus; equally filled with the Spirit of the Christ of God.

There is only one Savior - the God/Man Jesus the Christ, provided by God as promised.
    "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

" The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
    Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
    Charles Spurgeon

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ryrie is right: if you are going to believe D'ism it is because it stands on 2P2P. If 2P2P comes apart, D'ism comes apart.

I don't mean the church vs BOC. I mean what Christ preached from the beginning back in Isaiah. I mean Genesis.

There can't be anything 'stupid' (ie moot or worthless) about the thread. it is the full stop question by jesus that stopped everything Judaism had trumped up against him. The answer is that there is no point in the Davidic sonship. That David character called him Lord; so much for the sonship! They were worshipping David and 'Messiah' was going to be David reincarnated without sin. Much like what futurist Davidic theocracy says.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

Thanks
    Thanked 18,068 Times in 10,646 Posts

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know D'ism because we had to read Ryrie at MU. The fatal chapter is 2P2P. He said D'ism stands or falls on that doctrine, but he never said what he should have: it is a farce.

There is nothing pivotal about Acts 9, that is all mistaking a Judaizers gospel invading the church and thinking that the church had 2 gospels, WHICH IT DID NOT.

Then if my question is stupid, so is the title of this thread. Why did christ bother with it, and why did it stop Judaism from any further questions?

I know the genealogies, Mr Sunday School instructor, but what you have not answered is christ's question which make it irrelevant. If he is called Lord, (what is the point) of calling him 'son'?

Proud, boasting, knowing nothing...
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    You're too literal to get it.
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

Tambora (December 7th, 2016)

LIFETIME MEMBER
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post

Proud, boasting, knowing nothing...
    Try to at least talk like a Christian will you.

LA
    My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
    Try to at least talk like a Christian will you.

LA
    I was quoting the Apostle Paul. I am not surprised that you did not get it, since you avoid his letters like the plague.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

Lighthouse (December 6th, 2016),Tambora (December 7th, 2016)

LIFETIME MEMBER
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was quoting the Apostle Paul. I am not surprised that you did not get it, since you avoid his letters like the plague.
    Perhaps you could follow Paul in baptism as I did.(as he followed Christ)

Act 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
    Act 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.
    Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

LA
    My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps you could follow Paul in baptism as I did.(as he followed Christ)

Act 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
    Act 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.
    Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

LA
    Calling on the name of the Lord washed away his sins. And you cannot prove it was water baptism.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

Tambora (December 7th, 2016)

LIFETIME MEMBER
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calling on the name of the Lord washed away his sins. And you cannot prove it was water baptism.
    That is not what the text says. How convenient for you to twist the scriptures like that to suit your own sin laden religion.

LA

Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is not what the text says. How convenient for you to twist the scriptures like that to suit your own sin laden religion.

LA
    Poor LA Lost

AND wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

steko (December 6th, 2016),Tambora (December 7th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,534 Times in 10,410 Posts

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ryrie is right: if you are going to believe D'ism it is because it stands on 2P2P. If 2P2P comes apart, D'ism comes apart.

Dispensationalism stands on the literal, historical, grammatical hermeneutic.

2P2P is recognized in the Scripture as a result of this hermeneutic.

If one departs from that hermeneutic and begins to interpret Scripture with a basically allegorical hermeneutic, particularly with regard to prophecy, then 2P2P is no longer recognized in Scripture and it only seems that Dispenstionalism falls apart.

Dispensationalists believe the Scriptures as written.
    Allegoricists import and impose a foreign meaning on Scripture. Those who believe what the Allegoricists say the Scripture means must place their faith in the self-proclaimed authority of the Allegoricist rather than just reading Scripture to discover what it plainly says. If Scripture is literal then most readers will come to basically the same understanding. If Scripture is to be understood allegorically, then the reader must go to the Allegoricist to discover what it means. I think that GOD meant for people to read and understand plainly what it means.
    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

SaulToPaul (December 7th, 2016),Tambora (December 7th, 2016)

Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,117 Times in 10,018 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope.

I don't mean the church vs BOC. I mean what Christ preached from the beginning back in Isaiah. I mean Genesis.
    What?

Would I need to get high in order to understand you?

There can't be anything 'stupid' (ie moot or worthless) about the thread. it is the full stop question by jesus that stopped everything Judaism had trumped up against him. The answer is that there is no point in the Davidic sonship. That David character called him Lord; so much for the sonship! They were worshipping David and 'Messiah' was going to be David reincarnated without sin. Much like what futurist Davidic theocracy says.
    It wasn't stupid when Jesus asked it because the answer was unknown to the audience. But since Jesus gave us the answer it is now stupid to ask it again.

You are a fool.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

steko (December 6th, 2016),Tambora (December 7th, 2016)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nope.

What?

It wasn't stupid when Jesus asked it because the answer was unknown to the audience. But since Jesus gave us the answer it is now stupid to ask it again.

You are a fool.

Lighthouse,
    the amount of material Ryrie put into that thesis (about 2P2P being the standing-or-falling article of D'ism) prohibits you from just answering 'nope.' It's meaningless. You must address a specific point, or it is just meaningless hiding from questions. It's up to you.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lighthouse wrote:
    It wasn't stupid when Jesus asked it because the answer was unknown to the audience.

Prove this. The rest of what you said has no value at this point.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nope.

What?

You are a fool.

Do we agree that we will talk about posts and propostions in them rather than people? I happen to think yours are foolish, but if you can support them go ahead. If it means anything in your Christian view of things (I assume you are an example of a changed heart), I do not think you are a fool. But your posts...that's another question.

Thread Information