User Tag List

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Fundamental question: how can the one David referred to be his son?

Thanks
    Thanked 18,247 Times in 10,751 Posts

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    I am--the kind that uses the NT to interp the OT. You would never end up with your position if you accepted the NT interp of the OT. Like snowflakes in hell. 2P2P dangles from just a few misunderstood verses, not whole chunks like 2 Cor 3-5, Hebrews, Gal 3-4. That is is why it/you are so hostile when they are truly unpacked. Why you have such obtuse beliefs as 2 gospels in Acts.

You still have not shown me where the "NT" annuls land promises.
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    You're too literal to get it.
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (December 2nd, 2016),steko (December 3rd, 2016),Tambora (December 2nd, 2016)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's because 2P2P prevents you from reading Hebrews in its normal sense. it has been written out many times. Then there's Acts 26 and how it bears on that. Then theres the fact that it simply does not show anywhere in the NT. It is not what rom 11 is about. it is not in the Rev 21, 22. It is not in 2 Pet 3. Where EXACTLY are you saying it is validated?

The people who did not join the mission of Messiah in Acts 3 were at the risk of extirpation--and they were. They lost it all.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's because 2P2P prevents you from reading Hebrews in its normal sense. it has been written out many times. Then there's Acts 26 and how it bears on that. Then theres the fact that it simply does not show anywhere in the NT. It is not what rom 11 is about. it is not in the Rev 21, 22. It is not in 2 Pet 3. Where EXACTLY are you saying it is validated?

The people who did not join the mission of Messiah in Acts 3 were at the risk of extirpation--and they were. They lost it all.

Still waiting...

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (December 2nd, 2016),steko (December 2nd, 2016),Tambora (December 2nd, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor IP, like Satan, does not want the LORD JESUS CHRIST and GOD THE FATHER to have their Glory fill their people throughout the entire universe...earth, city, and the heavens.

Why?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (December 2nd, 2016),steko (December 2nd, 2016),Tambora (December 2nd, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,437 Times in 17,753 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is full of mistakes. Basic fundamental mistakes about what happened. D'ism is very much the continuation of what Judaism was saying. Just look at Jn 12:34 about Messiah's reign. I can't write about it tonight though. Manana.
    I sincerely hope you won't take this wrong, but, I consider you something of a DULLARD when it comes to communication. It's not your "Area of Expertise." More times that not, you make no sense. Wouldn't it be better for you and your fellow posters, if you learned to articulate your thoughts in a more precise manner?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

steko (December 2nd, 2016),Tambora (December 2nd, 2016)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    I sincerely hope you won't take this wrong, but, I consider you something of a DULLARD when it comes to communication. It's not your "Area of Expertise." More times that not, you make no sense. Wouldn't it be better for you and your fellow posters, if you learned to articulate your thoughts in a more precise manner?

Great distracting tactic, GM, but I'm not distracted. You are 2P2P infested, and I hope to knock it out.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
    Christ the son of David, was anointed King over Israel at His baptism and He did reign for over three years and then He was killed.

So you see only Christs reign from the Heavenly Jerusalem upon His Fathers Throne with all of His saints is yet to be fulfilled completely.

All this talk about a future throne of David is just religious junk from man.

LA
    It's a shame you're not as intelligent as you think you are. It might make for a better, you? Most of humanity is born with a filter between their Brain and their mouth. (Or, fingertips when it comes to their Laptop) you are missing that intricate part that supports the process of normalized communication.

By the way, your "Death Prediction" about me has yet to come to fruition? What's the holdup?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

steko (December 3rd, 2016),Tambora (December 2nd, 2016)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    It's a shame you're not as intelligent as you think you are. It might make for a better, you? Most of humanity is born with a filter between their Brain and their mouth. (Or, fingertips when it comes to their Laptop) you are missing that intricate part that supports the process of normalized communication.

By the way, your "Death Prediction" about me has yet to come to fruition? What's the holdup?

Christ's reign is not quite that remote. It is seen in all the Christian mission work, which has had a positive impact socially wherever it has gone. It is still there only by faith, in the proclamation that he is Lord of the universe, whatever risks there may be in saying so. At the end of time, there is the NHNE.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christ's reign is not quite that remote. It is seen in all the Christian mission work, which has had a positive impact socially wherever it has gone. It is still there only by faith, in the proclamation that he is Lord of the universe, whatever risks there may be in saying so. At the end of time, there is the NHNE.
    You're response is, as usual, unrelated.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

steko (December 2nd, 2016),Tambora (December 2nd, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great distracting tactic, GM, but I'm not distracted. You are 2P2P infested, and I hope to knock it out.
    Yes, and Satan hopes to knock off the LORD of LORDS.

It isn't going to happen. The earth, the city, and the heavens shall be filled with the Glory of the LORD as the word has said.

How long will you kick against the pricks?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

steko (December 2nd, 2016),Tambora (December 7th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When we cross examine the NHNE event in light of the gospel event, then transpose the transponders of equilibrium against the forces of standard deviation, we must conclude that the red dirt must remain.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

steko (December 2nd, 2016),Tambora (December 7th, 2016)

Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,117 Times in 10,018 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One part of understanding this line is the scene itself; the other part is to notice this is after the vineyard and wedding parables and before ch 23.

We know that Judaism was looking for David's son to appear because of all the MAD/D'ist people here obsessed with that. (D'ism is a way of doing Judaism with a modern twist). So it was logical in Mt 22:42 to do a climactic come-back to Judaism, to all its pesky questions. 'What do you (Judaism) think about the Christ? Whose son is he?'

We know the answer.

But this is not what Ps 110 is saying. The psalm is saying that he is the Lord of the universe, and David's lord. So he can't just be David's son as they knew it.

That is the whole point. Christ is not then nor in the future to be that kind of son. It is not what those passages were about. They were shadows or copies or 'types' of the reality that was coming in Christ. D'ism and MAD, like Judaism, are stuck in the former.

By the way, he won. I'm not sure if D'ism gets that.

Then came ch 23, the blast on Judaism, which ends with the declaration that the 'house' is already desolate (the term from Dan 9, which pops up again in 20 verses), except for those who sing Psalm 118 about him.

THE SETTING
    But we can't forget that this comes after the general dismissal of Judaism in 21's vineyard parable and 22's wedding parable. The vineyard parable was 'talking about them.' He said another 'ethne' was going to take the place of Judaism. Not just take the place either. There would be destruction. There was going to be a king whose wedding invite was chided. The refused king sends his ARMY and BURNS down the city of the refusers. It was a pretty rough week for Judaism in general.

And now this--this denunciation of their doctrine of the son of David, which is what our friends here think is still going to happen. Apparently they can accuse people of making God a liar, but if God punishes a whole city for the wrong 'son of David' and then blesses that city X000 years later for the wrong son of David, it's OK. Yeah, right.
    I didn't check to see if anyone had given this answer, yet, but if they have consider me in concordance with them. The answer to the basic question is very simple: John 1:1-14. That is how the one to whom David referred can be his son [male descendant].

And you, @Interplanner, don't know squat about dispensationalism.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

steko (December 2nd, 2016)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    I didn't check to see if anyone had given this answer, yet, but if they have consider me in concordance with them. The answer to the basic question is very simple: John 1:1-14. That is how the one to whom David referred can be his son [male descendant].

And you, @Interplanner, don't know squat about dispensationalism.

sorry but I have debated Walvoord in person, and Sauerwein and Needham at Multnomah U. I was taught D'ism since middle school. It is pretty corny.

As for this passage, where is David expressly mentioned in Jn 1:1-14? You don't answer a question without a specific reply even if you quote big-gun passages. The question of Jesus that stopped Judaism is what matters. The sonship does not matter, because he was Lord. Judaism had nothing else to say.

If you are upset to be participating in Judaism, that's your problem. Stop doing it.

Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,117 Times in 10,018 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry but I have debated Walvoord in person, and Sauerwein and Needham at Multnomah U.
    Do you want a cookie?

I was taught D'ism since middle school. It is pretty corny.
    Clearly not Acts 9.

As for this passage, where is David expressly mentioned in Jn 1:1-14? You don't answer a question without a specific reply even if you quote big-gun passages. The question of Jesus that stopped Judaism is what matters. The sonship does not matter, because he was Lord. Judaism had nothing else to say.
    Are you really that stupid? Jesus is God and He became flesh and dwelt among us. He was born of Mary who, as shown in one of the genealogies, is a descendant of David. Thus making Jesus a descendant of David through His birth to her.

All it takes is reading the fist chapter of Matthew, Luke and John to know the answer to the question.

If you are upset to be participating in Judaism, that's your problem. Stop doing it.
    Judaism follows the Law for justification. I do not. I even eat shrimp and shellfish.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

steko (December 2nd, 2016)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Do you want a cookie?

Clearly not Acts 9.

Are you really that stupid? Jesus is God and He became flesh and dwelt among us. He was born of Mary who, as shown in one of the genealogies, is a descendant of David. Thus making Jesus a descendant of David through His birth to her.

All it takes is reading the fist chapter of Matthew, Luke and John to know the answer to the question.

Judaism follows the Law for justification. I do not. I even eat shrimp and shellfish.

I know D'ism because we had to read Ryrie at MU. The fatal chapter is 2P2P. He said D'ism stands or falls on that doctrine, but he never said what he should have: it is a farce.

There is nothing pivotal about Acts 9, that is all mistaking a Judaizers gospel invading the church and thinking that the church had 2 gospels, WHICH IT DID NOT.

Then if my question is stupid, so is the title of this thread. Why did christ bother with it, and why did it stop Judaism from any further questions?

I know the genealogies, Mr Sunday School instructor, but what you have not answered is christ's question which make it irrelevant. If he is called Lord, (what is the point) of calling him 'son'?

Thread Information