Hi - Long-time reader, First-time Poster ... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Elyon, I've enjoyed reading your posts here.

Question: Why do you think that their choice to leave the Church is inherently a good thing when you don't know the circumstances of their leaving or the path they've chosen instead?
Most likely they ran across this.

AMR

elohiym

Hi everyone

Hi, Martin. Welcome to TOL!

I have observed how things go here on TOL, where there is unfortunately not a lot of respect and a lot of finger-pointing.

I'd say there is a lot of mutual respect here; but if it's not mutual, well... :Clete:

I was baptized a Mormon at an early age (8) and am still active and faithful, but my family for the most part, have left the Church.

Why did they leave the church? Why did you stay?

I served a 2-year mission several years ago and am still unmarried

That sounds odd, Martin. Was the mission supposed to result in a wife, or is it that you don't have a wife because of the mission? ;)

(I'm a 28 yo male) - hopefully soon! :)

May God bless with you with a good wife and many children.

P.S. How do I get an image beside my name?

You can always subscribe to TOL. Paid membership has its privileges. :Shimei:

Martin.Harris

Hi, Martin. Welcome to TOL!

I'd say there is a lot of mutual respect here; but if it's not mutual, well... :Clete:

Why did they leave the church? Why did you stay?

No offense, but I don't want to go into why family has left. All for various reasons. I stayed because I had good examples in my life and received a strong spiritual witness of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon.

That sounds odd, Martin. Was the mission supposed to result in a wife, or is it that you don't have a wife because of the mission? ;)

Haha. No, I did not mean for that sentence structure to indicate cause and effect.

May God bless with you with a good wife and many children.

Thank you! You know any single LDS ladies? ;)

You can always subscribe to TOL. Paid membership has its privileges. :Shimei:

Not right now, but thanks for the offer!

Seydlitz77

I was baptized a Mormon at an early age (8) and am still active and faithful, but my family for the most part, have left the Church. I served a 2-year mission several years ago and am still unmarried (I'm a 28 yo male) - hopefully soon! :)

We're pretty much in the same boat, in fact I was in your boat when I was 28. I'm 31 and married now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.