I don't understand why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ps82

EXCEPT that is not how the law reads properly translated. I am sure this has been pointed out earlier in the thread but I will do so again here.

The proper translation is though shalt not murder. That is you shall not unlawfully take a life. This doesn't preclude either lawful execution or war.

You have made a great point ... and I would like to just add another nuance and show how people once understood these types of things.

There is also a difference between murder and death by accident.

Many years ago when I was a child, I knew a lovely teenage girl. She was always sweet to me. She had a brother that was around 18, and they were very close. One day, her brother had a friend over and was showing him a gun (not sure what kind - I figured it was for hunting). Neither of them thought the gun was loaded, and the friend pulled the trigger. The bullet struck my friend, who was across the room, and it killed her.

Today, in our hateful and selfish generation, people and their lawyers are prone to sue and do everything they can to ruin a person's life in this situation, and juries are prone to give them the bank$.

Back in my day ... people simply understood the differences involved regarding "thou shalt not murder." They knew that this was an accident and that both boys were already devastated. Grieving took place, but not stupid attempts at extortion through the courts.

In OT days there were cities of refuge where people could go to protect themselves from angry people, who felt they had been wronged ... The courts would also get involved if needed ... but as long as that person was in that city ... he was protected by the laws of the land.

Ps82

For crying out loud, why do you people do this? Why do you insist on rehashing the same old stuff and same old questions time and time again?

Look for some old threads that pose questions to Satanists, PS. I really don't feel like repeating myself or hijacking this thread.
Hi Granite,
I have questioned atheists, but not so much Satanists. I know why they come to threads like this. I did a whole report on them in a post ... quoting their own words that revealed their true hearts toward believers. I learned that it is mostly a waste of time to talk to atheists about divine matters ... so I'm curious about the attitudes within the hearts of true Satanists.

If you had answered my question already ... there would have been only a couple of sentences on ONE post - and that's certainly not a hijacking of the thread. You are the one dragging this out, because you don't want to give me a simple straight answer.

... so I'll just decide if you are a waste of my time and effort.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Hi Granite,
I have questioned atheists, but not so much Satanists. I know why they come to threads like this. I did a whole report on them in a post ... quoting their own words that revealed their true hearts toward believers. I learned that it is mostly a waste of time to talk to atheists about divine matters ... so I'm curious about the attitudes within the hearts of true Satanists.

If you had answered my question already ... there would have been only a couple of sentences on ONE post - and that's certainly not a hijacking of the thread. You are the one dragging this out, because you don't want to give me a simple straight answer.

... so I'll just decide if you are a waste of my time and effort.

It's not a dodge, it's just that I've answered these questions before. Send me a PM if you like and I'll provide all the answers you want, but I don't want to hijack the discussion. If you don't send a PM I'll figure you weren't interested in a dialogue in the first place. Thanks in advance.

Ps82

It's not a dodge, it's just that I've answered these questions before. Send me a PM if you like and I'll provide all the answers you want, but I don't want to hijack the discussion. If you don't send a PM I'll figure you weren't interested in a dialogue in the first place. Thanks in advance.

You know, I have not tried to PM anyone ... I'll check into this process and you may hear from me. ???

deheretic

Hijack

Hijack

:surf: Hijack away,, been though one years ago,, they defiantly get the adrenalin flowing,, didn't even get to pop a cap.. (Pre-belief era)

If you want to start an open discussion or you can PM me I love discussion beyond dogma and doctrine..:dizzy: Besides Jesus walked with the sinners ...:cool: Looking forward to an intelligent discussion.

EMETH

:spam::spam:

You can create any translation

I have never created any translation. I read up on the work of scholars who do translate.

you want to justify your desire to kill your fellow man.

You have now insulted & libeled me sir by writing that I desire to kill my fellow man.

Because it is your dogma and doctrine,, strange every time i read the original text there is no except or lawful way of taking a life..

You read Hebrew?

koban

Still waiting....

Originally Posted by koban
Here, have an except or two:

Exodus 21:12, 21:14, 21:15, 21:16, 21:17, 21:29, 22:19, 31:14, 31:15, 35:12
Leviticus 20:2, 20:9, 20:10, 20:11, 20:12, 20:13

So, as you can see, there are indeed an except or two. Actually, many, many more, but I have to head off to school.

C ya!

Granite

Hall of Fame
:surf: Hijack away,, been though one years ago,, they defiantly get the adrenalin flowing,, didn't even get to pop a cap.. (Pre-belief era)

If you want to start an open discussion or you can PM me I love discussion beyond dogma and doctrine..:dizzy: Besides Jesus walked with the sinners ...:cool: Looking forward to an intelligent discussion.

Send me a PM if you like.

deheretic

No Insult

No Insult

I have never created any translation. I read up on the work of scholars who do translate.

You have now insulted & libeled me sir by writing that I desire to kill my fellow man.

You read Hebrew?
From your post it seems you have an obsession with killing your fellow man,, you are desperately trying to justify it..

I have friends that are professional translators that are specialized in ancient languages and if they find things I am interested in they get me a copy, but that is neither here nor there..

Seydlitz77

You can create any translation you want to justify your desire to kill your fellow man. Because it is your dogma and doctrine,, strange every time i read the original text there is no except or lawful way of taking a life..

Actually EMETH is correct, a more correct translation of the Hebrew is "murder" not "kill" and that is from friends who know Hebrew.

According to your reading of the text then God tells His own people (in the next chapter no less) to break His Law to uphold the Law. Exodus 21:12-17 KJV .

Edit: Cool! 1,000th post! :)

EMETH

From your post it seems you have an obsession with killing your fellow man,, you are desperately trying to justify it..

I have friends that are professional translators that are specialized in ancient languages and if they find things I am interested in they get me a copy, but that is neither here nor there..

It seems you have an obsession with bearing false witness against me because you have done it twice now.

deheretic

You have made a great point ... and I would like to just add another nuance and show how people once understood these types of things.

There is also a difference between murder and death by accident.

Many years ago when I was a child, I knew a lovely teenage girl. She was always sweet to me. She had a brother that was around 18, and they were very close. One day, her brother had a friend over and was showing him a gun (not sure what kind - I figured it was for hunting). Neither of them thought the gun was loaded, and the friend pulled the trigger. The bullet struck my friend, who was across the room, and it killed her.

Today, in our hateful and selfish generation, people and their lawyers are prone to sue and do everything they can to ruin a person's life in this situation, and juries are prone to give them the bank$.

Back in my day ... people simply understood the differences involved regarding "thou shalt not murder." They knew that this was an accident and that both boys were already devastated. Grieving took place, but not stupid attempts at extortion through the courts.

In OT days there were cities of refuge where people could go to protect themselves from angry people, who felt they had been wronged ... The courts would also get involved if needed ... but as long as that person was in that city ... he was protected by the laws of the land.

I understand the tragic accident and to this day my heart goes out to them.. Ii will say a prayer for everyone involed well being..

Status
Not open for further replies.