Knight's pick 09-05-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Pete from the UK shares his testimony. This is a MUST READ. Thank you Pete, your post means so much to me I can't even describe my feelings about it.
I haven't had the chance to be on TOL much for the last couple of years, yet TOL has had a guge impact on my life. I know many of you here do know my story, but I felt that I wanted to give those who don't an opportunity to hear it, as many people have told me that it has inspired them.

I was born into a Christian home, and grew up with Christian values instilled into me from a very young age. I was abused by someone close to me when I was 5, and I feel this had a huge impact on me in the years to come. From the age of seven, I started sexually experimenting with boys my age, and this continued into my teen years. When I was 12, I came to believe that I was gay, and by the age of 14, I ‘came out’ to my family and friends. I was just not attracted to girls. I told my parents that I was gay and wanted nothing to do with God. Through my school, I managed to find support groups for LGBT young people and started attending one in Brighton. This helped to re-enforce my belief that I was born gay, and couldn’t change even if I wanted to. I started to hate Christians, and I would often speak of them in a derogatory way.

When I was 16, I decided to run away from my parents. I wanted to live MY life MY way, to do as I pleased. I started living on my own, but even with this newfound freedom to do as I pleased and live a gay lifestyle, I still wasn’t happy. I felt empty on the inside.

I started attending a ‘gay church’, the Metropolitan Community Church (MCC) in Brighton. I learned their theology, and their interpretation of the scriptural passages concerning homosexuality. I started to think like they did and believe like they did. I wanted their beliefs and theology to be true. Whilst attending this ‘church’, something on the inside of me told me ‘this isn’t right’. Also during this time, I joined TOL to post on here the theology that I had learned at the MCC. I got a very harsh response from the Christians here, and I didn’t like it. The LORD used the words that they spoke to me to start to bring about conviction of sin. This all culminated on one night, in October 2005, when at the leading of the website’s owner (knight), I gave my heart to the Lord.

The Lord then started to work in me, changing my attitudes. |I didn’t change overnight, but over the next two years, I could see myself changing as a person. Then one day, God made it possible for me to fall in love with a girl. I fell deeply in love with a Christian friend of mine.. She didn’t feel the same back, but I feel this was God’s way of showing me I was finally free, that I could be in love with a girl.

I sit here writing this now after having just done an outreach at the gay pride in Cardiff, Wales. I spoke to many people about my story, and for the first time ever, today I preached in the street. What a transformation!

Without TOL, I may never have had the opportunity to be reached.

I didn’t choose to have homosexual feelings, but I did choose not to have them. God is so good, to God be the Glory!
:first: POTD

(I already had an earlier POTD so I am posting this one for tomorrow)

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
"I didn’t choose to have homosexual feelings, but I did choose not to have them."
Brilliant!:BRAVO:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Knight-
The "highlight" button automatically undoes previous text manipulation and now the part I highlighted in lmohm's post is not the same font as the rest. I cannot edit in this section of TOL, so could you edit it back to Times New Roman for me, please.

Thank you in advance.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Pete from the UK shares his testimony. This is a MUST READ. Thank you Pete, your post means so much to me I can't even describe my feelings about it.:first: POTD

(I already had an earlier POTD so I am posting this one for tomorrow)

Thanks for sharing this story, one of thousands upon thousands out there.

Don't leave him yet Knight, as his nightmare WILL continue (there is nothing worse than a traitor in the eyes of the sodomite movement):

Gay Activists Assault Ex-Gay and Trash Ex-Gays Booth at Fair

"Angry homosexual activists harassed and assaulted ex-homosexuals at the Arlington County Fair last week, according to an ex-gay educational and support group.

Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays (PFOX) reports its volunteers were distributing education materials on same-sex attraction and awareness of ex-homosexuals at their fair booth. Homosexual activists approached them and created a disturbance, spewing obscenities and dashing materials from the exhibit table."
http://catholicexchange.com/2007/08/29/86601/

It appears that tolerance is a one way street for the Gay Mafia.

WizardofOz

Yeah. I'm sure gays have never been harassed and assaulted for being gay :hammer:

But back to the OP, I am sure happy that the reconstuctionists didn't get the chance to have lovemeorhateme sentenced to death.

Praise God for that :)

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Yeah. I'm sure gays have never been harassed and assaulted for being gay

The chances are, had he chosen to stick with the homosexual lifestyle, he would have been assaulted by another homosexual:

"The American Journal of Public Health has published a detailed study of battering victimization in the male homosexual community (December 2002, Vol. 92, No. 12). The probability-based sampling of "men who have sex with men" (MSM) focused on four geographical areas (San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York) and resulted in 2,881 completed telephone interviews.
Based on these responses, this first-of-its-kind study determined that the rate of battering victimization among gay men in the target group (men over 18 who had engaged in homosexual activity since age 14, or who identified as gay, homosexual, or bisexual) is "substantially higher than among heterosexual men" and also possibly higher than the rate for heterosexual women, according to the study.
The researchers report a high rate of battering within the context of intimate homosexual partnerships, with 39% of those studied reporting at least one type of battering by a partner over the last five years."
http://www.narth.com/docs/domestic.html
(If you're questioning the source, even homosexual's admit it: "Domestic violence in the GLBT community is a serious issue."
http://www.lambda.org/DV_background.htm )

Then there's homosexuals in the military (oh boyz, you're supposed to fight the enemy, not yourselves):

"Homosexuals in the military are about three times more likely to commit sexual assaults than heterosexuals"
http://americansfortruth.com/news/f...litary-disproportionately-high.html#more-6134

It's a good thing he wasn't a lesbian, as those girls are vicious!

"The UCLA study found 28% of persons in lesbian/gay relationships had experienced intimate partner violence, compared to 17% of persons in heterosexual relationships."
http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/roberts/100830

One must remember that wife beater Sean Penn (the same Sean Penn that played homosexual activist Harvey Milk) is included in that "17% of persons in heterosexual relationships".
How about we take it a step further and see what the "intimate partner violence" % is in Christian homes?

But back to the OP, I am sure happy that the reconstuctionists didn't get the chance to have lovemeorhateme sentenced to death.

The chances are that he would have given himself the death sentence had he stuck with the lifestyle:

"Gay and bisexual men — referred to in CDC surveillance systems as men who have sex with men (MSM) — of all
races continue to be the risk group most severely affected by HIV. Additionally, this is the only risk group in the U.S. in
which the annual number of new HIV infections is increasing."

"While CDC estimates that MSM account for just 4 percent of the U.S. male population aged 13 and older, the rate of
new HIV diagnoses among MSM in the U.S. is more than 44 times that of other men."
http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/FastFacts-MSM-FINAL508COMP.pdf

Praise God for that :)

Yes, Praise God for adding at least 20 more years to lovemeorhateme's lifespan:

"Study after study reveals that homosexuality, whether male or female, can take anywhere from 10, 20 to 30 years off of someone's lifespan."
http://theroadtoemmaus.org/RdLb/22SxSo/PnSx/HSx/hosx_lifspn.htm

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
The chances are, had he chosen to stick with the homosexual lifestyle, he would have been assaulted by another homosexual:

"The American Journal of Public Health has published a detailed study of battering victimization in the male homosexual community (December 2002, Vol. 92, No. 12). The probability-based sampling of "men who have sex with men" (MSM) focused on four geographical areas (San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York) and resulted in 2,881 completed telephone interviews.
Based on these responses, this first-of-its-kind study determined that the rate of battering victimization among gay men in the target group (men over 18 who had engaged in homosexual activity since age 14, or who identified as gay, homosexual, or bisexual) is "substantially higher than among heterosexual men" and also possibly higher than the rate for heterosexual women, according to the study.
The researchers report a high rate of battering within the context of intimate homosexual partnerships, with 39% of those studied reporting at least one type of battering by a partner over the last five years."
http://www.narth.com/docs/domestic.html
(If you're questioning the source, even homosexual's admit it: "Domestic violence in the GLBT community is a serious issue."
http://www.lambda.org/DV_background.htm )

Then there's homosexuals in the military (oh boyz, you're supposed to fight the enemy, not other soldiers):

"Homosexuals in the military are about three times more likely to commit sexual assaults than heterosexuals"
http://americansfortruth.com/news/f...litary-disproportionately-high.html#more-6134

It's a good thing he wasn't a lesbian, as those girls are vicious!

"The UCLA study found 28% of persons in lesbian/gay relationships had experienced intimate partner violence, compared to 17% of persons in heterosexual relationships."
http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/roberts/100830

One must remember that wife beater Sean Penn (the same Sean Penn that played homosexual activist Harvey Milk) is included in that "17% of persons in heterosexual relationships".
How about we take it a step further and see what the "intimate partner violence" % is in Christian homes?

The chances are that he would have given himself the death sentence had he stuck with the lifestyle:

"Gay and bisexual men — referred to in CDC surveillance systems as men who have sex with men (MSM) — of all
races continue to be the risk group most severely affected by HIV. Additionally, this is the only risk group in the U.S. in
which the annual number of new HIV infections is increasing."

"While CDC estimates that MSM account for just 4 percent of the U.S. male population aged 13 and older, the rate of
new HIV diagnoses among MSM in the U.S. is more than 44 times that of other men."
http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/FastFacts-MSM-FINAL508COMP.pdf

Yes, Praise God for adding at least 20 more years to lovemeorhateme's lifespan:

"Study after study reveals that homosexuality, whether male or female, can take anywhere from 10, 20 to 30 years off of someone's lifespan."
http://theroadtoemmaus.org/RdLb/22SxSo/PnSx/HSx/hosx_lifspn.htm

elohiym

The chances are that he would have given himself the death sentence had he stuck with the lifestyle...

Way to miss (or duck) the point.

Would you or would you not put homosexuals to death, just as you would put murderers to death? In other words, does it spare LoveMeOrHateMe the earthly penalty (some want) if he has repented, or must he still must be put to death? And if you wouldn't put him to death, would you treat a murderer the same?

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Way to miss (or duck) the point.

"The point" is this: he's alive today and most likely will be alive for many years to come BECAUSE he has left the homosexual lifestyle.
I've shown through dozens and dozens of links to articles throughout a majority of my posts here on TOL that the homosexual lifestyle brings misery, disease and death to those that practice it.

It's quite sad that you can't look at this subject objectively.

Would you or would you not put homosexuals to death, just as you would put murderers to death? In other words, does it spare LoveMeOrHateMe the earthly penalty (some want) if he has repented, or must he still must be put to death? And if you wouldn't put him to death, would you treat a murderer the same?

I would return to legislating sodomy laws (like we did for the majority of US history). For those that knowingly spread AIDS (the same as attempted murder), then of course, the death penalty should be applied.

elohiym

It's quite sad that you can't look at this subject objectively.

And it's quite disgusting that you pick and choose which of God's laws prohibiting capital offenses and prescribing penalties you think should be enforced, and think you can alter them. That's why I know you are a liberal, not a conservative.

I would return to legislating sodomy laws (like we did for the majority of US history). For those that knowingly spread AIDS (the same as attempted murder), then of course, the death penalty should be applied.

You make a mockery of God's holy law. :down:

Can we assume you would also not put all murderers to death who have repented? How about child molesters who have repented? How about adulterers who have repented?

Finally, tell us, have you committed any capital offenses stated in the Bible? :think:

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
My my; it appears that elo's "Lets bash aSeattleConservative for exposing the homosexual lifestyle and agenda" thread wasn't a big hit, hence another (lame) shot at me. I'm game to play along.

And it's quite disgusting that you pick and choose which of God's laws prohibiting capital offenses and prescribing penalties you think should be enforced, and think you can alter them.

Yep, that's me, "Mr. Disgusting" (and here I thought a lifestyle that spread filth, disease, misery and death was disgusting, but hey, what do I know?).

Perhaps a LEGITIMATE theologian from TOL could let me know what Scripture says regarding punishment of sodomites (being a "paid subscriber" doesn't make you legitimate little one).

I'm basing punishment on US history and the laws enacted by the Founding Fathers (the death penalty was legislated, but it's questionable if they actually used it), and 200 years of sodomy laws that were enacted by State Legislators.

Granted, none of the above are nearly as knowledgeable as you when it comes to theology (or criminal justice for that matter, as you do "know a couple of police officers", hence that making you an expert on that subject as well).

That's why I know you are a liberal, not a conservative.

Busted! I'm really a B. Hussein Obama supporter that like Barry O., is an ARDENT pro-abortionist, pro-sodomite, Marxist. Damn, I just can't fool you Right Wing Zealots.

You make a mockery of God's holy law. :down:

Without a doubt I will be going to Hell (in a handbasket no less) for not knowing the punishment for homosexuality based on Scripture (perhaps your friend Bruce could throw in 30 flogs with wet towel from a San Franswischo bathhouse for good measure).

Can we assume you would also not put all murderers to death who have repented?

For being an expert on Scripture AND the criminal justice system (i.e. "knowing 2 cops), I'm truly amazed that you don't even know that not all murderers are put to death. In our legal system, there are degrees of murder, and different punishments for those different types of murder.

Finally, tell us, have you committed any capital offenses stated in the Bible? :think:

LOL; I've committed more sins than years you've been alive little girl.

The difference between you and me is this:

1) I'm not proud of the sins that I've committed.

2) I sure as hell don't want them legislated.

Come on elo, you can do better than this. I've dealt with sodomites in the Seattle PI blogs that put you to shame when it comes to this subject.

elohiym

My my; it appears that elo's "Lets bash aSeattleConservative for exposing the homosexual lifestyle and agenda" thread wasn't a big hit...

Are you delusional? I never started any thread like that.

:think: So you start with a misrepresentation...and then obfuscate and evade my questions...before finally giving up this nugget...

LOL; I've committed more sins than years you've been alive little girl.

I'm a 45 year old male, married, with five children. And I didn't ask you the amount of sins you committed, but if you have ever committed a biblical capital offense. Naturally, you want to avoid answering that question. No surprise.

The difference between you and me is this:

That I am actually a conservative Christian, and you are really a liberal Christian, picking and choosing the capital offenses worthy of death after, or in spite of, repentance. Excluding your own sins, of course. :rolleyes:

1) I'm not proud of the sins that I've committed.

Yet, with no evidence, you declare from your immoral high-ground that I am proud of the sins that I committed. :down:

2) I sure as hell don't want them legislated.

Of course not. :sozo: You are a liberal!

Come on elo, you can do better than this.

And I will, as soon as you answer the questions instead of obfuscating and evading. Did you learn how to do that from the perps, or did it come natural to you?

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Various interpretations of Leviticus 20:13:
Conservative Christians generally interpret the passage as condemning all male homosexual activity. Some would extend it to lesbians as well. A comment on the capital punishment aspect of this passage by an Evangelical authority is:
T.Crater: stated that the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament) are a covenant between God and Israel, which also set up a civil state and decreed its laws. The Christian Scriptures (New Testament) is an agreement "between God and a multinational body called the church. It is not a state, so it doesn't engage in state functions like capital punishment." 2 Thus, the death penalty called for in Leviticus 20:13 is no longer binding for Christians.

elohiym

...the death penalty called for in Leviticus 20:13 is no longer binding for Christians.

What does that mean, "no longer binding for Christians?" :idunno:

Let's try again...

Have you committed any capital offenses stated in the Bible? Yes or no.

And based on the garbage commentary you posted...

Is Leviticus 20:10 still binding on Christians? Yes or no.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
What does that mean, "no longer binding for Christians?" :idunno:

Let's try again...

And based on the garbage commentary you posted...

Is Leviticus 20:10 still binding on Christians? Yes or no.

First let me note that the only one's around here with an ounce of class appear to be Knight, Lighthouse, One Eyed Jack and nicholsmom.

One would think that so-called "Christians" would be elated about someone that had struggled with a sin as detestable as homosexuality all of his life, and then found Christ, the ultimate truth, and thus true happiness.

As I mentioned before, the man is now a "traitor" to the atheists and phony Christians that promote the homosexual lifestyle

You're one of them elo.

Now, to answer your question:

As theologian Doug Beaumont points out in his article "Homosexuality According to the Bible":

Creation
"It is very important to note that the Old Testament reflects a covenant (like a contract) between God and the ancient nation of Israel. Therefore, one cannot simply flip open the Old Testament and apply its commands to today. However, simply because the specific laws may no longer be in force, this does not mean that the ethical concerns expressed in the Old Testament are not relevant. Bearing this in mind, one does not need to read very far before encountering God’s original will for human couples – men and women were created to complete one another (Gen. 2:24) in sexual union."

Mosaic Law
"In the law of God, homosexuality is specifically labeled an abomination and a detestable act (Lev. 18:22; 20:13). This argument states that because we are free to ignore other Old Testament laws (such as wearing blended material or eating pork), or their punishments (e.g., death for disobedient children), then we should be free to ignore those regarding homosexuality as well. Again, while specific laws and their attendant punishments were given to Israel only, this does not mean that the ethical concerns expressed in the Old Testament are not relevant. Ceremonial laws, for example, are not part of God’s universal moral law. While we are not under the ceremonial requirements of Israel, all people are under His moral law. Now, unlike the other examples cited, the New Testament nowhere abrogates the entire book of Leviticus, nor the laws against homosexuality. The Old Testament prohibition against homosexuality is not part of its ceremonial cleansing code – it is part of the sexual purity laws.
That God’s moral laws are universal in scope is clear from the example of God’s wrath against immorality in Sodom and Gomorrah (see 2 Peter 2:8). These people were not Israelites, and did not have God’s written law, yet God held them accountable for breaking the moral law that all people instinctively know (Rom. 2) – a point mentioned in the very passage under question (Lev. 18:27). There is a distinction between separation laws (those that kept Israel set apart from the nations – such as diet and clothing) and moral laws that are universal and binding on all people. Because God Himself repealed dietary laws (Acts 10) and erased the salvific distinction between Jew and Gentile (Gal. 3:28-29), we are free from these ordinances. This has nothing to do with freedom from universal moral commands, however. If this objection holds then the homosexual should also allow bestiality and incest, which are also outlawed in this same section and not repeated in the New Testament. Finally, Jesus Christ quoted the Old Testament law book of Leviticus as containing one of the most important of all commands (Mt. 19:19 quoting Lev. 19:18). Thus, although parts of levitical law do not apply to people today, the moral law contained in it certainly does."
http://dougbeaumont.org/2009/06/03/homosexuality-according-to-nature-society-and-scripture/

And now to answer this question:

Have you committed any capital offenses stated in the Bible? Yes or no.

I wouldn't give a phony Christian like you the time of day, let alone tell you anything about me.

On that note:

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/zgmbbqjdtl--go-away-boyFoghorn-Leghorn-Looney-Toons-

ragTagblues

First let me note that the only one's around here with an ounce of class appear to be Knight, Lighthouse, One Eyed Jack and nicholsmom.

Damn classy they are, maybe with the exception of LH; but you are definitely not one of them.

They have a patience and way with words that you will always lack and they also answer peoples posts.

Anyways . . . . To stay on topic -

Whatever gives someone peace and makes them happy without doing harm to others is commendable and for that reason I agree with it for post of the day.

lovemeorhateme

Thanks for sharing this story, one of thousands upon thousands out there.

Don't leave him yet Knight, as his nightmare WILL continue (there is nothing worse than a traitor in the eyes of the sodomite movement):

"Angry homosexual activists harassed and assaulted ex-homosexuals at the Arlington County Fair last week, according to an ex-gay educational and support group.

Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays (PFOX) reports its volunteers were distributing education materials on same-sex attraction and awareness of ex-homosexuals at their fair booth. Homosexual activists approached them and created a disturbance, spewing obscenities and dashing materials from the exhibit table."
http://catholicexchange.com/2007/08/29/86601/

I agree. I am a traitor in the eyes of the homosexual community, and I have already been called names, told I'm a liar, and even threatened because I am a former homosexual. I also often get told either I wasn't gay to begin with, or I still am gay as it's not possible to change.

I was doing outreach at Cardiff gay mardi gras two days ago. I'd never done outreach at a pride parade before. I used to go to pride events as a gay man. Some people took our tracts and read them, some binned them, some burned them. One of the guys I was with started preaching, and then asked me to preach and share my testimony, which I did. Many people tried to shout me down, and some looked ready to assault us! I did have some meaningful conversations with people about my story after this, and I hope and pray that they will also come to know God like I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.