User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46

Thread: Lordship

  1. #31
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    14,850
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,789 Times in 2,563 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Are good works pointless? Jn 15:6, Eph 2:10, Jas 2:26

    "License is rejection of God's code of conduct." ~ James MacDonald Jud 4
    Last edited by serpentdove; August 16th, 2019 at 08:51 AM.

  2. #32
    Silver Member Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    9,834
    Thanks
    711
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,841 Posts

    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147779
    Quote Originally Posted by serpentdove View Post
    Enyart, the antinomian (2 Pe 2:1)--playing fast and loose with the words of Paul.

    See:

    Response, Request, Reminder Alistair Begg
    serpentdove the liar using a fallacious adhominem argument!

    Just how far has this sort of intentionally dishonest tactic ever gotten you with anyone who didn't already agree with your legalism?

    Have you ever listened even one of Bob Enyart's bible studies? - NO!
    Do you know ANYTHING at all about his ministry? - NOT ONE SINGLE THING!


    I'll let you in on a secret, Paul the Apostle was also slandered in this exact same way!

    Slander is a sin serpentdove! I thought you "sinned less"!

    You're a hypocrite is what you are. You speak without having any idea what you're talking about, slandering people and ministries you know nothing about. Your condemnation is just! (Rom. 3:8)


    How many fornicators are members in good standing at your church? Do you even know? Would you care? Bob would!

    What would your pastor do if he discovered that you were fornicating (or worse)? Anything? Would he even bother to ask you about such a thing? Bob would!

    Has your pastor ever removed a single person from your congregation because of their sin - like Bob has?

    What does your pastor say about abortion? Has he got the guts to say that it's murder from the pulpit - the way Bob does?

    What does your pastor say about homosexuality? Has he got the courage to say from the pulpit that its a filthy disgusting sin that should be a criminal act and that the society would be better off if they were executed instead of "tolerated" - like Bob does?

    Has your pastor even one single time ever discussed from the pulpit what justice is, what it looks like and why - like Bob does?


    I can tell you right now that Bob Enyart has more understanding of the bible in his little finger than you'd have if you lived a thousand life times and he is the very exact opposite of anything that could possibly be characterized as "light on sin". You don't know anything about him or his teaching and you aught to be ashamed of yourself for opening your mouth to slander a man who loves God with all his heart, who has devoted his life to teaching others about God, the bible and righteousness, and is directly responsible for the salvation of more people than you probable even know. You owe him and anyone associated with his ministry an apology!


    Clete
    Last edited by Clete; August 16th, 2019 at 09:15 AM.

    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 16th, 2019)

  4. #33
    Silver Member Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    9,834
    Thanks
    711
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,841 Posts

    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147779
    Quote Originally Posted by balut55 View Post
    1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7For he that is dead is freed from sin.
    If you believe in this lordship salvation heresy then you argue against yourself with this passage!

    What is the premise of Paul's statement here? What is the truth that underlies his entire point? What fact of our salvation makes his comments here necessary? From what line of reasoning does what you quoted follow?



    Would grace abound if we did continue to sin?

    YES!

    That's the whole point of grace! That's why it's grace! You guys want to turn grace into law by pretending that because Paul teaches that we SHOUDLN'T sin that grace may abound, he actually teaches that grace WILL NOT abound if we do! But he doesn't teach that! In fact he had just got through teaching that grace abounds much more than sin just one sentence prior to what you quoted...

    Romans 5:18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one[i] Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.

    20 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, 21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

    Resting in Him,
    Clete

    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

    7djengo7 (August 20th, 2019),JudgeRightly (August 16th, 2019),Right Divider (August 16th, 2019)

  6. #34
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,441
    Thanks
    15,060
    Thanked 22,524 Times in 12,831 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147721

    Thumbs up

    A heck of a lot of fallacious logic follows bogus teaching.
    Last edited by Right Divider; August 16th, 2019 at 10:21 AM.
    All of my ancestors are human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    7djengo7 (August 20th, 2019),JudgeRightly (August 16th, 2019)

  8. #35
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    14,850
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,789 Times in 2,563 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    [Lordship] serpentdove the liar…
    Ad hominem (Eph 4:14)

    My Lord and my God (Jn 20:28).

    Every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God (Ro 14:11).

    …[Y]our legalism?
    “He Alpha and Omega—the beginning and the end and here I am stuck in the middle with you…Greasy gracers to the Left of me, Judaizers to the right, here I am.” Stuck in the Middle with You Patrick Winfrey
    Have you ever listened even one of Bob Enyart's bible studies? No.
    Yes (Eph 4:14).
    Do you know anything at all about his ministry? Not one single thing.
    Yes (Eph 4:14).
    I'll let you in on a secret, Paul the Apostle was also slandered in this exact same way.
    Paul was God-honoring. Enyart is a used car salesman (2 Pe 2:1). Ask him about what he did to his wife (Matt. 19:3–9, Eph. 5:25–33).
    Slander is a sin serpentdove.
    Do you mean libel? Eph 4:14
    I thought you "sinned less".
    The Christian isn't sinless. He sins less (1 Jn 3:9).
    You're a hypocrite…
    Proof please (Eph 4:14).
    …[Y]ou speak without having any idea what you're talking about…
    You're projecting again (Eph 4:14).
    …[S]landering people…
    Learn the difference between slander and libel (Eph 4:14).
    …and ministries you know nothing about.
    Marriage is: one man, one woman (Gen. 2:18–24) in covenant (Matt. 19:6) for life (Rom. 7:2, 3).
    [Adultery/fornication/church discipline] ...Would you care?...
    How did that work out for his wife? Matt. 19:3–9, Eph. 5:25–33
    …I can tell you right now that Bob Enyart has more understanding of the bible in his little finger than you'd have if you lived a thousand life times…
    Understanding it and living it are two different things (Matt. 19:3–9, Eph. 5:25–33).

    “Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

    …[Y]ou ought to be ashamed of yourself for opening your mouth…
    Ro 1:16
    …to slander a man who loves God with all his heart…
    "When you come to Harvest [Bible Chapel], we're going to ask you: How are you treating your wife? How are you treating your kids?" ~ Jeff Schwarzentraub
    …[W]ho has devoted his life to teaching others about God, the bible and righteousness…
    All say. No play (Ro 12:9).

    "Man's own religion usually descends to the fleshly life to which they themselves practice." ~ Jim Andrews

    See:

    The Greatest Love Story Ever Told J. Vernon McGee


    …You owe him and anyone associated with his ministry an apology.
    1 Ti 1:7

    ... Marriage is: one man, one woman (Gen. 2:18–24) in covenant (Matt. 19:6) for life (Rom. 7:2, 3)...
    Last edited by serpentdove; August 19th, 2019 at 01:02 PM.

  9. #36
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    14,850
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,789 Times in 2,563 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    Would grace abound if we did continue to sin?
    Why do you continue to sin? 1 Jn 3:9. Dead Baptists like Enyart reject the Spirit (Ro 8:14). You have no reason to have assurance of salvation if you live habitually in sin.

    Are you a member of Enyart’s brothel? Encourage him to have a debate with Dr. Webb (he’s old—before he dies).

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to serpentdove For Your Post:

    aCultureWarrior (August 17th, 2019)

  11. #37
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    14,850
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,789 Times in 2,563 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    A heck of a lot of fallacious logic...
    You expected more?

    "Obeying Jesus is not negotiable if you want to call yourself a true Christian." Lk 6:46 ~ Michael Youssef
    Last edited by serpentdove; August 21st, 2019 at 10:55 AM.

  12. #38
    Over 1000 post club 7djengo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,143
    Thanks
    1,055
    Thanked 856 Times in 546 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    75049
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    Slander is a sin serpentdove! I thought you "sinned less"!
    Quote Originally Posted by serpentdove View Post
    Do you mean libel? Eph 4:14
    Oh, because 'slander' and 'libel' are really not just two, different words denoting one and the same sin, I suppose?

    After all, I found no mention, in Scripture, of libel as being a sin! Libel on, sinless one!

    Here's Psalm 101:5:
    Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off...
    Good news for mute persons, eh? That's one they may as well wholly disregard, thinking to themselves, "Ha! I couldn't even slander my neighbour if I wanted to!"

    What about A defaming B in the audience of C (A's hired amanuensis, who is creating a written record of A's defamation of B)? Is A guilty of slandering B? Of libeling B? Of both? Of neither? What do you say?

  13. #39
    Silver Member Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    9,834
    Thanks
    711
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,841 Posts

    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147779
    I john 1:7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

    8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 21st, 2019)

  15. #40
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    14,850
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,789 Times in 2,563 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 7djengo7 View Post
    Here's Psalm 101:5:
    Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off...

    You believe Enyart tells the truth. I believe he’s an antinomian who leads people to hell (2 Pe 2:1).

    “I prefer clarity to agreement.” ~ Dennis Prager

  16. #41
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    14,850
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,789 Times in 2,563 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    “If you think works end when you’re saved, you’re just wrong my friend; and, there’s something wrong if you don’t work—that’s all James is talking about. He’s talking about the works of faith not works of law—works of faith. “ Jas 2:18 ~ J. Vernon McGee

    See:

    Glad Tidings of Great Joy J. Vernon McGee

  17. #42
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by serpentdove View Post
    You believe Enyart tells the truth. I believe he’s an antinomian who leads people to hell (2 Pe 2:1).

    “I prefer clarity to agreement.” ~ Dennis Prager

    This discussion seems to have progressed like many others I have seen.
    Foundational beliefs to the nature of man, what is he, mind, soul, heart, body, spirit.
    If seems our spirits are our emotions, that which reflect how we are coping, our soul and heart
    are the essence of who we are, our mind is our throughts and way of processing life and our bodies
    are our physical presence.

    Some seem to believe God gives us a new spirit, eternal and perfect and the rest can be replaced.
    God though commanded us to love Him with out mind, soul, heart and strength. So everything we
    can choose and influence. Our spirits are our existences response to life, which is the fruit of
    our walk but do not define it. So if that which we are is lost in sin, and continues to sin ie
    do evil with abandon we are lost.

    But if you hold to the spirit being our true self, the rest can go and we are saved.
    It matters therefore what you believe about who we are.
    If we are not our mind, soul, heart and strength why are these things commanded to love God?

    It is this question that puts this antinomian ideas in the bin, and all those who follow it.

  18. #43
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    I john 1:7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

    8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

    The reason why John talks against perfectionism is because it is the extreme view walking
    like Jesus is easy and simple. No it is the whole reason for the gospel and is a long
    difficult walk with many dangers and struggles. We need to recognise our failures and sins
    and work to resolve them, changing our behaviour, attitudes, foundations, judgements, feelings
    about past situations, dwelling in Christ and the Holy Spirit, letting Gods love speak from
    us through His word, and then we begin to see His walk. As a new creation, something rarely
    seen or understood on earth. God bless you

  19. #44
    TOL Legend Lon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,969
    Thanks
    2,823
    Thanked 4,866 Times in 2,924 Posts

    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147740
    This thread didn't get much traction but it does address this thread premise.
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

    Is Calvinism okay? Yep

    Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

    1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

    Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

  20. #45
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    14,850
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,789 Times in 2,563 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by followHim View Post
    …Some seem to believe God gives us a new spirit…
    If he has not, then you are not his (Ro 8:14).
    …[I]f that which we are is lost in sin, and continues to sin ie
    do evil with abandon we are lost.
    Your life shows who you are (Mt 7:20).
    It matters therefore what you believe about who we are.
    Many believe that they are Christians; but, are not. They are false converts.
    If we are not our mind, soul, heart and strength why are these things commanded to love God?
    When you get your relationship with God in order, then you are able to love others.
    It is this question that puts this antinomian ideas in the bin, and all those who follow it.
    You can say it. It’s a cult (2 Pe 2:1).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us