Thanks
    Thanked 2,734 Times in 2,511 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense View Post
    Hahaha, come on man either date-set or don't...
    What date would you suggest? Must it be before, during or after this interesting date?

Queue jeopardy theme (right click, open).

What's new?
    PlastikBuddah [aka Gamera] make-believer. Kmoney [aka Count Iblis] make-believer. Alate_One deceives students in the classroom. Arthur Brain wants answers. Eph 5:11

"Being a square keeps you from going around in circles." ~ J Vernon McGee Ro 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's new?
    PlastikBuddah [aka Gamera] make-believer. Kmoney [aka Count Iblis] make-believer. Alate_One deceives students in the classroom. Arthur Brain wants answers. Eph 5:11

"Being a square keeps you from going around in circles." ~ J Vernon McGee Ro 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serpentdove View Post
    What date would you suggest? Must it be before, during or after this interesting date?

Queue jeopardy theme (right click, open).
    How about never? Actually I'm surprised that you would mix scriptural prophesy with demonic astrology-I never would have guessed you check your horrorscope in the paper every day. What would McGee say?
    "Faith is something you believe that nobody in his right mind would believe." ~ Archie Bunker

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true." ~ Mark Twain

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...Actually I'm surprised that you would mix scriptural prophesy with demonic astrology-I never would have guessed you check your horrorscope in the paper every day. What would McGee say?
    Were the Magi demonic, too? Matt. 2:1, 2

What's new?

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Were the Magi demonic, too? Matt. 2:1, 2
    Fictional. OK mythical if it helps...
    "Faith is something you believe that nobody in his right mind would believe." ~ Archie Bunker

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true." ~ Mark Twain

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fictional. OK mythical if it helps...
    You'll have to ask Michelle, change 'our history', Obama. I'm here to discuss scripture (Jn 17:17).

What's new?

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidK View Post
    It was just a thought.

We do have some pretty good clues in the Gospel of Luke. Jesus was conceived while Elizabeth was six months pregnant with John. That puts his birth about 15 months from John's conception. Since John was conceived shortly after Zacharias was serving in the temple, and historical evidence says his order served in the 4th month, that puts Jesus birth somewhere in the 7th month, where all the fall feasts are.
    What historical evidence puts John's conception around the 4th month?

Yeah, I know it's not concrete proof, but I did say "likely", and it makes sense to celebrate the Son of God taking on flesh and tabernacling with us during the feast of tabernacles. We still celebrate Christmas at our house, so we get to celebrate our Saviors birth twice a year!
    I don't really think that God was trying to play the match game. After all, Jesus died at Passover with all the ties to Yom Kippur and fulfilling all the feasts therein, so I don't think a birth at Tabernacles is indicative. His Spirit indwelt around Passover too, so one could say He fulfilled Tabernacles then as well [made His home in us].

Still and all, it might not be such a bad thing if the cultural holiday were separated from the faith holiday. It might help some believers who are confused about being in, but not of, the world.
    If it weren't for Jesus, there would be no Christmas, regardless of when it's celebrated. In fact, the date of Dec 25 is just one of many that were being used as His birthdate.

Celebrating Christmas is not "of the world". It's about Jesus - worshiping Him, celebrating Him - just like he angels and shepherds did. Even the magi came and worshiped after two years and I highly doubt it was the anniversary of His actual birth
    I am redeemed, You set me free
    So I'll shake off these heavy chains
    Wipe away every stain, 'cause I'm not who I used to be ...

~ Big Daddy Weave ~

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naysayers can't gainsay (Lk 21:15).
    Do you have a problem with actual dialogue that you have to keep posting all these links to conspiracy theories?

~ Big Daddy Weave ~

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll have to ask Michelle, change 'our history', Obama. I'm here to discuss scripture (Jn 17:17).
    You are not discussing anything. You post links and Scripture references and think you are somehow imparting revelation or wisdom. Hint: It's neither.

~ Big Daddy Weave ~

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TweetyBird For Your Post:

commonsense (October 25th, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TweetyBird View Post
    Do you have a problem with actual dialogue that you have to keep posting all these links to conspiracy theories?
    A term created by the CIA. What conspiracy theory? That's here* not here by the way.

*and here

What's new?

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A term created by the CIA. What conspiracy theory? That's not here by the way.
    The links you post are hyper sensationalized junk = conspiracy theories. Christmas is not the bad guy, it's not demonic. The only ones making war against Christmas are people looking for a devil under every tree and by golly, they are going to find one.

~ Big Daddy Weave ~

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What historical evidence puts John's conception around the 4th month?
    Zecharias was of the order of Abijah, which served during the 4th month. His visitation was during his service, and John was conceived when his service was complete.

I don't really think that God was trying to play the match game. After all, Jesus died at Passover with all the ties to Yom Kippur and fulfilling all the feasts therein, so I don't think a birth at Tabernacles is indicative. His Spirit indwelt around Passover too, so one could say He fulfilled Tabernacles then as well [made His home in us].
    I wouldn't base Jesus birth solely on Tabernacles, but the evidence in the Gospel of Luke points to the month of the fall feasts, and Tabernacles makes more sense than Rosh Hashana or Yom Kippur. Just want to reiterate I hold these things lightly, hence my use of the language "likely" and "more appropriate".

Clearly, our Father has appointed the times and seasons to point to His Son, as evidence by His death and resurrection with Passover and Firstfruits, and the pouring out of the Spirit on the Feast of Weeks. It makes more sense for me to teach my children about His birth around the time it happened, and show how it ties into Sukkot a lot more than the winter solstice.

If it weren't for Jesus, there would be no Christmas, regardless of when it's celebrated. In fact, the date of Dec 25 is just one of many that were being used as His birthdate.
    It certainly wouldn't be called Christmas, a portion of (but not all) Christmas songs would be gone. There'd be no living nativities. But winter solstice celebrations are common enough in cultures that it's entirely possible without Christianity in North America and Europe there'd still be lights on trees, swags of evergreen, red and green ribbon, gift giving and solemn but merry evening gatherings.

Christmas as we celebrate it is a big ol' swirl of borrowed traditions and Christianity.

Celebrating Christmas is not "of the world". It's about Jesus - worshiping Him, celebrating Him - just like he angels and shepherds did. Even the magi came and worshiped after two years and I highly doubt it was the anniversary of His actual birth
    I didn't communicate very clearly the point I was trying to make. I'm not saying celebrating Christmas is "of the world". I was trying to say that if our Christian holidays had never been conflated with the larger culture's holidays, it might be easier to see ourselves as a separate people. We're supposed to know ourselves as members of another kingdom, ambassadors and sojourners in the nations in which we find ourselves. When the popular culture looks Christian, it's harder to keep our hearts on the eternal.

One of the things that has kept the Jews so distinct in their identity throughout the diaspora is their adherence to custom and observance strange to the culture in which they live. It has been a common reminder to them that they have another home.

I'm not a "Christmas is of the devil and we must all return to worshipping on the proper days!" kind of person. Like I said, we still do Christmas at our house. My initial comment was throwing out the thought that maybe ramping up to defend Christmas from the Liberal War Against It might be defending ground we'd be better off not holding.
    Maranatha!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The links you post are hyper sensationalized junk = conspiracy theories...
    Hopefully you have your green pass to the underground ark city. Is 2:19

See:

Planet X

What's new?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting times. Sept 23rd 2017* is that sign in the sky John spoke of in Revelation.
    Yeah, I ran across this about a year ago, I think it was. Definitely interesting, though I've no head for time charts and astronomical observation. I had a head for math when I was young, but haven't exercised it enough in the last twenty years, I think.

Still, I watch, pray, and ask our Lord to make me ready. The beautiful thing is that you don't need to have a specific timeline to know the time is short. The apostles new the time was short, and it's 2000 years closer, so how much more urgent are our Savior's words?

Imagine if every generation between now and then had lived like they expected the Lord's return during their lifetime. In essence, from an individual's point of view, He does return in our lifetime, since all we have is that handful of decades to live.

*Not date-setting
    It's funny and sad that this has become such a huge sin in the eyes of believers. Yes, many have set dates and been wrong. Yes, many have gone off into error because of those dates. But while He walked the earth Jesus said no man knows the day or the hour but the Father. He did say if we watched and prayed we would know the season.

There are several things we should be able to recognize and start counting down 42 months to at least a very narrow window.
    Maranatha!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still, I watch, pray, and ask our Lord to make me ready.
    Me, too (Lk 21:36).

[Stupid disclaimer] It's funny and sad that this has become such a huge sin in the eyes of believers.
    He would come as a thief in the night for them not for us (1 Thess 5:2,4).
    Last edited by serpentdove; October 27th, 2016 at 09:39 AM.

What's new?

Thread Information