Thanked 1,330 Times in 697 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hill
    No posts since October 3rd, 2006?

I just ran across this thread. I think the original idea, of making it just for believers, is a great idea.

What is the present policy?

In Christ,
    Bob Hill
    Thanks Bob....

Said as simply as possible....

This particular forum will be dedicated to debating/discussing biblical issues without debating the legitimacy of the Bible itself.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Download the new TOL app for iPhone, iPad, and Android...

Your powers are weak, old man. Knight's Avatar
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hill
    No posts since October 3rd, 2006?
    There is an entire forum for exclusively Christian threads....

Click here.

This thread is the thread that explains the overall forum that's why no posts since Oct 3rd 2006. The forum itself is actually very busy.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knight,

Thanks

Bob

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems fair enough if people play honestly in their hearts about the rules ... but I predict this quoted part will still be hard to manage... because differentiating between the "bent" of an atheist's question will remain difficult. They are always are upfront with their questions about God and the Bible... so the trick will be determining whether they are challenging our beliefs with their minds or seeking answers from their hearts. This is almost always difficult for mortals to perceive.

Even Timothy had trouble with this ... when he was not sure how to deal with members of his new church who seemed to be stirring up trouble. Paul wrote to him that he should chastize them for a time ... see if they repent ... and then restore them ... for really only God knows what was in a person's heart.

QUOTE:Furthermore...
    We are also willing to let any other unbeliever or follower of another religion post here if they are honestly seeking an answer to a question or have constructive input to the discussion. In other words... if an atheist has a question about God and he asks it in an honest, upfront way we will gladly deal with that question without booting him out of the forum.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ps82 View Post
    Seems fair enough if people play honestly in their hearts about the rules ... but I predict this quoted part will still be hard to manage... because differentiating between the "bent" of an atheist's question will remain difficult. They are always are upfront with their questions about God and the Bible... so the trick will be determining whether they are challenging our beliefs with their minds or seeking answers from their hearts. This is almost always difficult for mortals to perceive.

Even Timothy had trouble with this ... when he was not sure how to deal with members of his new church who seemed to be stirring up trouble. Paul wrote to him that he should chastize them for a time ... see if they repent ... and then restore them ... for really only God knows what was in a person's heart.

QUOTE:Furthermore...
    We are also willing to let any other unbeliever or follower of another religion post here if they are honestly seeking an answer to a question or have constructive input to the discussion. In other words... if an atheist has a question about God and he asks it in an honest, upfront way we will gladly deal with that question without booting him out of the forum.
    I generally try to fulfill the spirit of the law and don't post in that forum. When I do, it is usually very constructive, and the answers come from my very Christian background (meaning I use bible verses and speak as if coming from a Christian perspective). If someone asks what righteousness is, I may post verses and such from a Biblical perspective .

But, I generally try to respect the rules in place, and I hope others try to do the same!
    When men lack a sense of awe, there will be disaster. ~ Tao Te Ching, Seventy-Two

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All this good information, Bob, is getting lost on this thread. Maybe one of the moderators can move it where someone might be looking for it.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sozo wrote,

"All this good information, Bob, is getting lost on this thread. Maybe one of the moderators can move it where someone might be looking for it."

That's fine with me.

Bob

Your powers are weak, old man. Knight's Avatar
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sozo.... Bob.... I moved your last few posts to HERE.

Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,906 Times in 3,491 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I understand this now. You will still need to accept that if someone posts something about a relative topic, such as free will, where any psychologist knows all animals have freedom of will, I would wish to point this out. On the other hand, if you are contemplating a serious Biblical question about a literal meaning of text, then I respect that and will not comment. One needs to be realistic and fair; topics not strictly Christian Biblical questions, or notions should be open to debate by everyone and posted under religion.

I am a Christian Deist who believes in God, but not the strictly this-planet-human-exclusive attention that literal Biblical Christians adhere to, thus I make my case and adhere to the right not to interfere with honest posts that assume a Christian and literal Biblical perspective.

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re:Christians only board and "Christ is NOT God," Eloyhim, thread

Since i'm so much for free speech, and the benefits of free speech,
    i never (except now), and never plan to, make requests or inquiries like the one i'm about to.

And i'm not protesting, nor against particularly, unbelievers, nonchristians, heretics, antichrists, atheists, etc, posting and threading on the "Christians-only" board.

Nor do i call for any censorship, editing, removal, deletion, of their threads, posts, or comments.

Except, this one time, and any future ones nearly exactly like it:

Since Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God, for all true Christians, by definition:
    would you please remove Elohyim's "Christ Jesus is NOT God" thread from this board and move it to the general religion board as quickly as you can?

That isn't a mere atheistic, heretical, or nonchristian title. Nor is it a question. Rather it states clearly and definitively the opposite of the most (nearly "only") basic fact, belief, reality, and faith that makes a Christian a Christian. Namely, that the Son of God, the one God, is God. There's only one God.

It's offensive to the max even to see that title on a, nominally, "Christians-only" board.
    Even though i agree with most, and recognize, most of its Christian content, including the threader's.
    I ask not for it's deletion from your service totally. But simply it's quick removal to general "Religion" board.
    Or addition of question mark at title's end

Thanks so much
    Last edited by writer; August 3rd, 2007 at 03:51 PM.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by writer View Post
    Since Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God, for all true Christians, by definition:
    would you please remove Elohyim's "Christ Jesus is NOT God" thread from this board and move it to the general religion board as quickly as you can?
    Can writer show a dictionary that defines a Christian as being someone believing that Christ Jesus is Almighty God?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandler View Post
    Can writer show a dictionary that defines a Christian as being someone believing that Christ Jesus is Almighty God?

John1:1-4 KJV

---No Body---
    ---Gal. 4:16.
    ---"Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth"???

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsargue View Post
    John1:1-4 KJV

---No Body---
    Doesn't say that the Word was Almighty God. Does however say that the Word was with God.

And it is unreasonable to conclude that the Word was the same God that he was with.

But if the organisers of TOL decree that "Exclusive Christian Theology" is only for those who believe Jesus to be Almighty God then I shall abide by their wishes and never intrude here again.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandler View Post
    Doesn't say that the Word was Almighty God. Does however say that the Word was with God.

And it is unreasonable to conclude that the Word was the same God that he was with.

But if the organisers of TOL decree that "Exclusive Christian Theology" is only for those who believe Jesus to be Almighty God then I shall abide by their wishes and never intrude here again.

Isaiah 9:6 KJV
    Yes, the same one is called the Almighty God also. No one cares if you don't believe it.

I may be wrong, but I thought, if you claim to be Christian, that was the deal. And if you was anything else, you have to be some-what honest in learning, and not snotty.

I'm probably the farthest out than anyone else here, but I declare Christianity and Christ as in the New Testment 100%.

And it said: "The Word was God, and the Word was with God", and also, the Word became flesh and dwelt with them", "God with us". That's what God, and the Word of God said. Maybe not your God, but mine did say that.
    Peace.

---Paul---
    ---Gal. 4:16.
    ---"Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth"???

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsargue View Post
    Isaiah 9:6 KJV
    Yes, the same one is called the Almighty God also. No one cares if you don't believe it.
    I don't want you to think that I am short-changing you. But what you say here isn't exactly correct.

Isaiah 9:6 calls Jesus "Mighty God" but not "Almighty God".

I fully accept that Jesus is "Mighty God". He is also the "Everlasting Father" of Isaiah 9:6. However (as a Trinitarian would agree -- although Writer would disagree --) Jesus is not God the Father. Jesus is a different person, Mighty but not Almighty. Jesus said: "The Father is greater than I." (John 14:28)

Thread Information