If you aren't Catholic, you are not fully Christian

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Is there a particular protestant denomination that God would prefer that all Christians belonged to?
The question is loaded. I don't think this is a valid state of affairs for the Church right now, so I don't think that any "particular protestant denomination" is valid, nor a world of protestant denominations. These ecclesial communities are a merciful gift to those ignorant of the sacramental economy.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
All God wants is people to seek Him. The Crucifixion of Christ is the bridge for those souls He desires to come forward. Correct theology or church is not a requirement of salvation. God is not going to be like "Oh, you're Protestant? (or Catholic?)", and shoot you down the shaft.
There is power in the sacraments of the Church. It is the meeting point between the eternal and the temporal, the spiritual and the physical.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
There is power in the sacraments of the Church. It is the meeting point between the eternal and the temporal, the spiritual and the physical.

No there isn't, because before the Catholic Church none of the early Christians were doing all that. They rolled around with buckets and spoons to baptize and partook in Communion in secret rooms without the aid of a so called successor.

Jesus states "Where two gather, I am there".
So much for the 'Real Presence'.

There is no forensic difference between a Catholic who just came out of communion and a Protestant who just came out of communion. You know who told you that isn't true? The Roman Church, not the Bible. Not God. Not anything.

The Reformation gave the Church the inquisition it needed for many centuries.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
before the Catholic Church
:confused:
Jesus states "Where two gather, I am there".
So much for the 'Real Presence'.
The definitive explanation of the verse is fully realized in the valid celebration of the Eucharist. Or, didn't you know that. :/
There is no forensic difference between a Catholic who just came out of communion and a Protestant who just came out of communion. You know who told you that isn't true? The Roman Church, not the Bible. Not God. Not anything.
Versus verses. John six.
47 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”

52 The Jews therefore quarreled among themselves, saying, “How can this Man give us His flesh to eat?”

53 Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. 56 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. 58 This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”​
The Reformation gave the Church the inquisition it needed for many centuries.
The Reformation was political not theological. Theology was a smokescreen.

zoo22

JESUS is on the ballot this time!

Yes, Jesus is on the ballot. :)

Ted Cruz is not ABSOLUTELY Jesus, of course--- But he is Jesus just the same… as are all true Christians

Do you ever even listen to yourself?

Ted Cruz is a Protestant (Southern Baptist). He's not at all Catholic.

Only Catholics are true Christians, and Protestant Ted Cruz is Jesus?

Ben Masada

That's interesting as this reminds me of twice when it was explained to me that Catholics are not fully Christians. Twice about Catholics, once about Mormons and another time with "Jehovah Witnesses." I thought that only to believe that Jesus was Christ, classified one as a Christian. I guess I was mistaken.

Cruciform

I thought that only to believe that Jesus was Christ, classified one as a Christian. I guess I was mistaken.
You were mistaken, since it very much depends upon whether or not one is following the genuine and true "Christ," and not a false "Christ" of one's own making.

Cruciform

Yes, however, Mary is the Mother of Jesus not the mother of God. God is the eternal self existent one.
Your claim, then, is that Mary carried and gave birth to God Incarnate (God), but not to God. You do see the direct and categorical contradiction in your position, don't you? In effect, you're saying that "Jesus is God, but what his mother gave birth to was not God." Want to try again?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your claim, then, is that Mary carried and gave birth to God Incarnate (God), but not to God. You do see the direct and categorical contradiction in your position, don't you? In effect, you're saying that "Jesus is God, but what his mother gave birth to was not God." Want to try again?

I don't care if it is contradictory to you or not. God is the eternal self-existent one. End of story, no contest unless you are a heretic..

Cruciform

I don't care if it is contradictory to you or not.
No, it isn't contradictory TO ME, but rather it is contradictory period, whether I think it is or not. You've directly contradicted yourself by stating that (1) Mary gave birth to Jesus who is God, but that (2) Mary did not give birth to Jesus who is God. Make up your mind: did Mary carry and give birth to Jesus (who is God) or not? :think:

Last edited:

OCTOBER23

Cruciform said,

You were mistaken, since it very much depends upon whether or not one is following the genuine and true "Christ," and not a false "Christ" of one's own making.
================================

CRUCIFORM JUST CONDEMNED THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

WHICH DOES NOT FOLLOW JESUS AT ALL .:rotfl::rotfl:

What a Strategizer that Ben Masada is.

The Jewish mind is like it was Designed by Italians and Built by Germans - Only the best.

-------------------------------------------------------------