A Southern Christian Asks for Forgiveness at a Gay Pride Festival

Tinark

6csYOzr.jpg

Erika Chambers posted a video of herself sitting in her car this morning, tears in her eyes, explaining how yesterday’s gay marriage ruling had created so much division among her online friends that it prompted a re-evaluation of her own language and perspective.

As her emotion swells, Erika pans the camera over to the passenger seat where we see a bright yellow and red sign. She confesses her anxiety and fear about being moments away from holding it up, which she also explained in the note accompanying the video:

This morning I chose to participate in Nashville’s Equality Walk and hold a sign that said “Please Forgive Me. I’m a Christian who has not shown you love.” I went alone and was nervous. But I got tons of hugs, “thank you’s”, a very emotional “I forgive you” and had a young man tell me a heartbreaking story of how he was treated by his church growing up. One girl commented, “I’ve never seen anyone ask for forgiveness at a Pride event.” I held my sign high to block protesters screaming that the marchers were going to hell. I wept. I listened. Hearts only soften in response to humility, not lectures. And I have never before experienced such a loving response. (Prepare to see me ugly cry)

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...al/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

:up:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Another "Christian" heading to hell.

Apparently Nick has a direct connection to the Almighty who tells him dealing who is not going to make it to one of Stripes levels of heaven. If I recall correctly he has indicated I am on the down elevator. Although the good news is that I will not need to spend eternity with Nick, now that would be distressing.

brinny

She might want to evaluate her stance on "pleasing God or pleasing man"

If she was genuinely hateful to ANYONE then yes, repentance is in order, to the one offended and to God. However, what she has done here is publicly groveled for the purpose of "approval" in this rip tide that is assaulting our basic freedoms and liberties and will surely be the downfall of this country as we know it.

Thank you kindly.

GFR7

If she was genuinely hateful to ANYONE then yes, repentance is in order, to the one offended and to God. However, what she has done here is publicly groveled for the purpose of "approval" in this rip tide that is assaulting our basic freedoms and liberties and will surely be the downfall of this country as we know it.

Thank you kindly.
Well said.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That might have been done privately.
I didn't say it couldn't be done any number of different ways. What's wrong with the way she did it?

Do you worship late at night at a church where they keep the lights off so no one can see you?

Arthur Brain

Thank you kindly.

What basic freedoms and liberties are you being deprived of exactly? Strikes me that compared to a few hundred years to even decades ago people's freedoms and liberties have exponentially increased.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Why do you think she's confused?

If she was genuinely hateful to ANYONE then yes, repentance is in order, to the one offended and to God.
She seems to feel the apology was in order. Why should we doubt her?

However, what she has done here is publicly groveled for the purpose of "approval" in this rip tide that is assaulting our basic freedoms and liberties and will surely be the downfall of this country as we know it.
How can you know that? And if you are for whatever reason in a position to know, having been there and/or knowing her as a person and what she's speaking to, then why the "if" that would indicate you don't?

Do you think that love demands we think the best or the worst of someone when we aren't in a position to know?

Thank you kindly.
Where was the kindness in that, or the charity?

GFR7

So can prayer but you guys howl to the heavens whenever I suggest that.:rolleyes:
I actually take Jesus' directive to pray in secret to the Father, and
Ask Mr. Religion hates me now as I just couldn't stick with church. :plain: