User Tag List

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415
Results 211 to 215 of 215

Thread: The new rules for the Exclusively Christian forum

  1. #211
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    12,608
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 2,997 Times in 2,233 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1071729
    Quote Originally Posted by shopkinslpskids View Post
    I mostly shared it to show the Jewishness of Peter and Paul's subsequent chastising.

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    That is one of "the things that differ" that was not wrong but in Peter's failure in it.

    Paul's point about Peter's living as do the Gentiles had not been the actual diet issue.

    Rather, that Peter's et al's "dissimulation" had reversed "the truth of the gospel" - that The Law had concluded "ALL under sin" and how that therefore "ALL" can only be "justified through the faith" (finished work) of Christ."

    All - "even we Jews also" Paul had basically reminded them all that day - both Jews and Gentiles.

    But Jews, they had rightly remained.

    Peter et al, were of "the Israel of God" Paul later also wishes peace upon and on the justification basis.

    Paul and his converts were not.

    They...were of God's New Creature: the Body of Christ.

    But perhaps we should take any further exploration of this issue over to the ECT forum, as this is not the place for a drawn out back and forth on this.

    Rom. 5:8
    Acts 17:11,12.

  2. #212
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    199
    Thanked 48 Times in 33 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9070
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    That is one of "the things that differ" that was not wrong but in Peter's failure in it.

    Paul's point about Peter's living as do the Gentiles had not been the actual diet issue.

    Rather, that Peter's et al's "dissimulation" had reversed "the truth of the gospel" - that The Law had concluded "ALL under sin" and how that therefore "ALL" can only be "justified through the faith" (finished work) of Christ."

    All - "even we Jews also" Paul had basically reminded them all that day - both Jews and Gentiles.

    But Jews, they had rightly remained.

    Peter et al, were of "the Israel of God" Paul later also wishes peace upon and on the justification basis.

    Paul and his converts were not.

    They...were of God's New Creature: the Body of Christ.

    But perhaps we should take any further exploration of this issue over to the ECT forum, as this is not the place for a drawn out back and forth on this.

    Rom. 5:8
    Acts 17:11,12.
    I'm new so I'm confused as to why we can't just discuss here? Also, I tend to lean ecumenical...

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to shopkinslpskids For Your Post:

    glorydaz (July 16th, 2017)

  4. #213
    Fiddle Dee Dee Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    41,405
    Thanks
    120,645
    Thanked 36,434 Times in 22,761 Posts

    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148061
    Quote Originally Posted by shopkinslpskids View Post
    I'm new so I'm confused as to why we can't just discuss here?
    With Danoh, your studying has got to be done his way or you can hit the highway.

    You are doing fine.
    Don't let his lecturing distract you.

    For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    glorydaz (July 16th, 2017),shopkinslpskids (July 16th, 2017),way 2 go (July 21st, 2017)

  6. #214
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    199
    Thanked 48 Times in 33 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9070
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    With Danoh, your studying has got to be done his way or you can hit the highway.

    You are doing fine.
    Don't let his lecturing distract you.
    I honestly don't understand half the things people say on here...lol

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shopkinslpskids For Your Post:

    glorydaz (July 16th, 2017),way 2 go (July 21st, 2017)

  8. #215
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    12,608
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 2,997 Times in 2,233 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1071729
    Quote Originally Posted by shopkinslpskids View Post
    I honestly don't understand half the things people say on here...lol

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Look for what principle or rule of thumb any passage appears to be following or basing what it is talking about on.

    Sort of like the difference between merely watching an object fall; and looking at it's fall through what governing principle(s) it's fall might be following (law of gravity; and of force equals mass times acceleration, etc.)

    Doing so will allow you to see much more than you would absent of said principles.

    Note this principle about principles that things follow or are governed by, mentioned in a passage like the following...

    "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead..." -Rom. 1:20

    One aspect of that one right there is the very basis of what we now know as Creation Science.

    Scripture is chockful of such guiding principles.

    They allow the Bible student to see far much more, and with a deeper understanding of one thing or another, than studying one would be able to absent of their aid.

    Give yourself time, you'll find them as you go along, via that question I suggested.

    And follow the three principles obvious in Acts 17:11,12 - no matter who might be the individual asserting what; focus on what principles they might be looking at things from, and or following, and you'll benefit from their points even should you disagree with their points, and so on.

    After a while, such governing principles become easily obvious.

    You'll read a post by someone, or something in a book, or read passages in Scripture, and right off begin to see their governing principles as clearly as the words you are reading.

    You'll also find yourself less and less at the the milk of "well, maybe this means" such and so, "or perhaps..." this, that, the other.

    Because when you even start to go there, various things that differ kinds of principles you'll have picked up through the Scripture, will kick in, simply "by reason of use" Heb. 5:14, and you'll find yourself better able to navigate said passages' waters.

    At which point, most will not know where you are coming from, when you assert a point, or point out one thing or another - wich is what the following passage is referring to, lol

    1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

    Rom. 5:8
    Acts 17:11,12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us