User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 89

Thread: How freewillism makes God Unjust !

  1. #16
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,741
    Thanks
    595
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,766 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    50999
    Freewillism teaching makes God unjust because it teaches that men and women Christ died for, paid the penalty of their sins for them, and made them dead to the Law, that God will yet curse them into everlasting fire as these goats here Matt 25:41

    41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

    This can be only because of the curse of the broken law, sin and transgression against Gods Law brings the curse, hence it is why those Christ died for, it is said that He was made a curse Gal 3:13

    13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

    This therefore made them He died for dead to the Law Rom 7:4

    Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

    Now pay close attention to this verse, How did these believers become dead to the Law according to Paul in this verse ?

    Was it A. By believing B. repentance C. Body of Christ ?

    What is meant here by "the body of Christ" ? It simply means His Death, by which Peter wrote 1 Pet 2:24

    Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins[because dead to the law], should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

    But yet the false teaching of Christ dying for all mankind, and some for whom He died go into the lake of fire, make God unjust in punishing people who were dead to the Law by the death of Christ !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  2. #17
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,741
    Thanks
    595
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,766 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    50999
    Freewillism teaching makes God unjust because it unjustly teaches that those for whom Christ died, died for their sins 1 Cor 15:3, that they shall be punished not once but twice, that they will once again bear the full penalty of their sins and guilt against Gods Law, to include the sin of unbelief; First in Christ their Surety, who was made responsible for the debt against Gods Law and Justice, He for them already being made a curse Gal 3:13

    Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

    Christ paying the full amount of their curse. Then a second time in themselves, they being sent out into the lake of fire, cursed like the goats Matt 25:41

    Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

    And this for the same sins Christ has been cursed for on their behalf, but yet it is as if Christ had not already suffered their cursed damnation. That's making God Unjust, especially to His Son who already satisfied His Law and Justice for their sins !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  3. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 34 Times in 33 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    3389
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Freewillism teaching makes God unjust because...
    You start with a false premise, and consequently end with a false conclusion. Take the whole Bible, leave nothing out, take it for what it says in relation to everything else it says, compare it to the character of God as revealed by Himself to mankind, put aside all your preconceived notions, and seek God; 1 Timothy 4:10, For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those that believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    For if Christ died for all men without exception, and yet God sent some to the second death, that would surely make Him unjust.
    No it doesn't; study your whole Bible.

    He would be unjust if He sent them to the second death because He created them to go, and then said they deserved to go.

    I built a house and burned it to the ground; I told the insurance company the house deserved to burn. How much money do I get?

  4. #19
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,741
    Thanks
    595
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,766 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    50999
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdking View Post
    You start with a false premise, and consequently end with a false conclusion. Take the whole Bible, leave nothing out, take it for what it says in relation to everything else it says, compare it to the character of God as revealed by Himself to mankind, put aside all your preconceived notions, and seek God; 1 Timothy 4:10, For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those that believe.



    No it doesn't; study your whole Bible.

    He would be unjust if He sent them to the second death because He created them to go, and then said they deserved to go.

    I built a house and burned it to the ground; I told the insurance company the house deserved to burn. How much money do I get?
    Evasion and Rabbit trail comments
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  5. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 34 Times in 33 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    3389
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Evasion and Rabbit trail comments
    It's the truth.
    How much money do I get?

    Meanwhile, look up 'evasion' in the dictionary, and... if the shoe fits, smell it; on the other hand, I solidly refuted your claim with scripture:

    1 Timothy 4:10, For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those that believe.

  6. #21
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,741
    Thanks
    595
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,766 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    50999
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdking View Post
    It's the truth.
    How much money do I get?

    Meanwhile, look up 'evasion' in the dictionary, and... if the shoe fits, smell it; on the other hand, I solidly refuted your claim with scripture:

    1 Timothy 4:10, For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those that believe.
    More of the same, evasion and Rabbit trail!

    Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  7. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 34 Times in 33 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    3389
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    More of the same, evasion and Rabbit trail!
    He is the Savior of all men. 1 Timothy 4:10 Read the whole Bible.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to blackbirdking For Your Post:

    meshak (March 9th, 2017)

  9. #23
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,741
    Thanks
    595
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,766 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    50999
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdking View Post
    He is the Savior of all men. 1 Timothy 4:10 Read the whole Bible.
    Rabbit trail continues!

    Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  10. #24
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,741
    Thanks
    595
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,766 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    50999
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdking View Post
    He is the Savior of all men. 1 Timothy 4:10 Read the whole Bible.
    BTW, you misquoted that verse, because it clarified and particularized who the all men are, them that believe!

    Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  11. #25
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    218
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    We must remember that God is a Just God, and He will by no means clear the guilty Ex 34:7
    You say: “We must remember that God is a Just God, and He will by no means clear the guilty Ex 34:7
    The Bible gives us lots of examples of just and unjust and we also have Christ being exactly like God if God was on earth so:
    1. Would it be just/fair for God to punish the innocent and allow the guilty to go free?
    2. Would it show poor parenting if your Father did not see to your disciplining (not just forgiving) of your rebellious disobedience even if you did repent and ask for forgiveness?
    3. You in the past sinned so how have you been disciplined (often translated punished) by your heavenly Father for those sins?
    4. Paul was the chief of sinners so how was Paul disciplined (punished) for his big time past sins?
    God does not have a “problem” forgiving us, but we need to be punished somehow in order to obtain the benefits from being disciplined. So God somehow need to see to our discipline for our transgressions without killing us and yet be fair, just and show us His concern/Love.
    What are the “benefits” to being fairly punished (disciplined) for our transgressions:
    Deterrent
    It places the value on the transgression (the greater the punishment the bigger the transgression)
    It shows fairness and justice
    It is a way to put the transgression behind us, since we have done the time for the crime
    We know wonderful parent see to the discipline of the children they Love, so if our parents do not discipline us, we should rightfully question their love/concern for us.
    If you want to study atonement together we can start with this:
    During the time of Christ, the Jewish people in and around Jerusalem would have had a much better understanding of atonement since atonement sacrifices were going on every hour at the temple, maybe thousands each day. All mature adults would have most likely participated in the individual process of atonement, but this was only for unintentional sins (really minor sins) since intentional sins had no Old Testament system for atonement.

    Those only able to afford a bag of flour (Lev. 5) certainly would not have considered that bag of flour to be a “substitute” for them. There is nothing to suggest the Jewish people ever thought of any sacrifices to be substitutes for them. So what did they experience in this atonement process for unintentional sins?
    If we could relate to their atonement experience for “minor” sins we might be able to extrapolate to what the atonement process would be like for intentional sins? (Read Lev. 5)

    Forgiveness for unintentional sins came after the completion of the atonement process (Lev. 5), but did God need a bag of flour to forgive the person’s sins?

    Would God need anything to forgive a person’s sins or is it the person needing something to accept that forgiveness as pure charity?

    Is Christ Crucified described by Paul, Peter, Jesus, John and the Hebrew writer as a ransom payment (it is not even said to be like a ransom payment, but it was a ransom payment)?

    I find the ransom description more than just an analogy to be an excellent fit and I am not talking about the “Ransom Theory of Atonement”
    (The “Ransom Theory of Atonement” has God paying satan the cruel torture, humiliation and murder of Christ but: Does God owe Satan anything? Is there some cosmic “law” saying you have to pay the kidnapper? Would it not be wrong for God to pay satan, if God could just as easily and safely take back His children without paying satan?)

    Would a ransom as those in the first century might understand it (it was well known Caesura at 21 had been kidnapped and a ransom paid for him) included the following elements:

    1. Someone other than the captive paying the ransom.
    2. The payment is a huge sacrificial payment for the payer, who would personally prefer not to pay.
    3. Since those that come to God must come as children, it is the children of God that go to the Father.
    4. The payer cannot safely or for some other reason get his children any other way than making the payment.
    5. The kidnapper is totally undeserving.
    6. The kidnapper can accept or reject the payment.


    Go to Luke 15: 11-32 the prodigal son story to illustrate:

    Who in the middle of the night snuck in and dragged off the young son, force the son to do evil stuff and finally chained him to a pigsty starving to death? (this is not the way it happened, but the child of the father was kidnapped.)

    Who returned to the father, was it the son that rebelliously wished his father’s death so he could get his inheritance or was it the child of the father?

    We can only come to our Father as children, so who is keeping the nonbeliever in the unbelieving state (who is this kidnapper)?

    There is the one ransom, but could there be many kidnappers and many children?

    Who are the kidnappers?

    Looking at verses in particular:

    (NIV) Ro. 3:25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—

    “God presented” this might be better expressed as “God is offering” since it will later be received, received or rejected on the contingency of some kind of “faith”. Instead of received it might better be translated as accepted (with the option of being rejected or not accepted).
    “Sacrifice of atonement” is described by Jesus, Paul, Peter, John and the Hebrew writer as the “ransom payment” or just “ransom”. So God is offering a ransom payment to be accepted by those with faith or rejected by those refusing or just not accepted by those lacking faith.

    A huge part of that ransom payment that especially applies to those that are already Christians is the life giving cleansing blood of Christ. Christ and God would have personally preferred that blood remained in Christ’s veins, but I needed it given up by Christ to flow over both my outside and my heart to know, experience, “trust” and feel I am cleansed and made alive. So Christ willingly gave up His blood for me and because of me. This is an overwhelming tragedy I insisted on to believe: I was made holy, righteous and stand justified. Without knowing and feeling this blood flowing over my heart, I might question my cleansing?

    “Demonstrate his righteousness” God did not become righteous, but just showed the righteousness He has always had. (God’s justice/ holiness/being right) comes with the atoning sacrifice that includes the life giving cleansing blood showing God’s righteousness/justice in a very particular way; by resolving the huge problem that existed under the Old Covenant. That huge problem in the Old Covenant was with the handling of intentional sins that where committed, repented of, and which the individual sought forgiveness from God for doing (and God forgave without justly disciplining the sinner [thus not showing His righteousness through His disciplining]). These sins could be forgiven by God, but there was no way to fairly/justly discipline (punish) the sinner and still have the sinner live in the Promised Land. God did have fair/just punishments (discipline) for these sins, but the Jews could not follow through with them, since all Jews deserved to be treated similarly (there would be no one left in the Promised Land).

    “in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished” Instead of “unpunished” I would translate that Greek word to be “undisciplined”.
    “because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished”, shows the contrast between before and after the cross. This is not saying: “before the cross sins are now being punished by Christ going to the cross”, but is saying they were left unpunished prior to the cross. If they are being handled the “same way” as sins after the cross there would be no contrast? (And there are lots of other problems with this reasoning.) There is no “punishment” (disciplining for intentional sins) before the cross yet there is “punishment” (disciplining of God’s children) with the cross.

    Any good parent realizes the need for not just forgiving their rebellious disobedient child, but to also see to the child’s fair/just/loving discipline if at all possible, but under the Old Covenant there was no “fair/just/loving discipline” so God could not show His justice/righteousness except to point out in the Law what really should happen, but that is not “good” disciplining, the child can almost feel they got away with something.

    By my coming to the realization of my forcing Christ to be tortured, humiliated and murdered, because of my personal sins I experience a death blow to my heart (Acts 2: 37) the worst possible experience I can have and still live (That is also the most sever disciplining I can experience and still live). Thus I know God is my loving concerned Parent (since He at great cost has seen to my disciplining). I know how significant my sins really are; I can put those sins behind me after being disciplined. Since God and Jesus shared in my disciplining “I am crucified with Christ” (a teaching moment) our relationship is even greater than before my transgressing.
    What is the benefit/value for us that we would want to accept the ransom payment of Christ’s torture, humiliation and murder?
    What value benefit did it have for those 3000 on the day of Pentecost?
    Would those 3000 have become baptized believers on the day of Pentecost if Peter had not been able to say: Acts 2:36 “…this Jesus whom you crucified”?
    So for those 3000, their crucifying Christ (ransom payment/atoning sacrifice) resulted in them becoming baptized believers on the day of Pentecost! Did it have value for them?

    This will get us started if you really want to know.

  12. #26
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,741
    Thanks
    595
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,766 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    50999
    Quote Originally Posted by bling View Post
    You say: “We must remember that God is a Just God, and He will by no means clear the guilty Ex 34:7
    The Bible gives us lots of examples of just and unjust and we also have Christ being exactly like God if God was on earth so:
    1.Would it be just/fair for God to punish the innocent and allow the guilty to go free?
    2.Would it show poor parenting if your Father did not see to your disciplining (not just forgiving) of your rebellious disobedience even if you did repent and ask for forgiveness?
    3.You in the past sinned so how have you been disciplined (often translated punished) by your heavenly Father for those sins?
    4.Paul was the chief of sinners so how was Paul disciplined (punished) for his big time past sins?
    God does not have a “problem” forgiving us, but we need to be punished somehow in order to obtain the benefits from being disciplined. So God somehow need to see to our discipline for our transgressions without killing us and yet be fair, just and show us His concern/Love.
    What are the “benefits” to being fairly punished (disciplined) for our transgressions:
    Deterrent
    It places the value on the transgression (the greater the punishment the bigger the transgression)
    It shows fairness and justice
    It is a way to put the transgression behind us, since we have done the time for the crime
    We know wonderful parent see to the discipline of the children they Love, so if our parents do not discipline us, we should rightfully question their love/concern for us.
    If you want to study atonement together we can start with this:
    During the time of Christ, the Jewish people in and around Jerusalem would have had a much better understanding of atonement since atonement sacrifices were going on every hour at the temple, maybe thousands each day. All mature adults would have most likely participated in the individual process of atonement, but this was only for unintentional sins (really minor sins) since intentional sins had no Old Testament system for atonement.

    Those only able to afford a bag of flour (Lev. 5) certainly would not have considered that bag of flour to be a “substitute” for them. There is nothing to suggest the Jewish people ever thought of any sacrifices to be substitutes for them. So what did they experience in this atonement process for unintentional sins?
    If we could relate to their atonement experience for “minor” sins we might be able to extrapolate to what the atonement process would be like for intentional sins? (Read Lev. 5)

    Forgiveness for unintentional sins came after the completion of the atonement process (Lev. 5), but did God need a bag of flour to forgive the person’s sins?

    Would God need anything to forgive a person’s sins or is it the person needing something to accept that forgiveness as pure charity?

    Is Christ Crucified described by Paul, Peter, Jesus, John and the Hebrew writer as a ransom payment (it is not even said to be like a ransom payment, but it was a ransom payment)?

    I find the ransom description more than just an analogy to be an excellent fit and I am not talking about the “Ransom Theory of Atonement”
    (The “Ransom Theory of Atonement” has God paying satan the cruel torture, humiliation and murder of Christ but: Does God owe Satan anything? Is there some cosmic “law” saying you have to pay the kidnapper? Would it not be wrong for God to pay satan, if God could just as easily and safely take back His children without paying satan?)

    Would a ransom as those in the first century might understand it (it was well known Caesura at 21 had been kidnapped and a ransom paid for him) included the following elements:

    1.Someone other than the captive paying the ransom.
    2.The payment is a huge sacrificial payment for the payer, who would personally prefer not to pay.
    3.Since those that come to God must come as children, it is the children of God that go to the Father.
    4.The payer cannot safely or for some other reason get his children any other way than making the payment.
    5.The kidnapper is totally undeserving.
    6.The kidnapper can accept or reject the payment.


    Go to Luke 15: 11-32 the prodigal son story to illustrate:

    Who in the middle of the night snuck in and dragged off the young son, force the son to do evil stuff and finally chained him to a pigsty starving to death? (this is not the way it happened, but the child of the father was kidnapped.)

    Who returned to the father, was it the son that rebelliously wished his father’s death so he could get his inheritance or was it the child of the father?

    We can only come to our Father as children, so who is keeping the nonbeliever in the unbelieving state (who is this kidnapper)?

    There is the one ransom, but could there be many kidnappers and many children?

    Who are the kidnappers?

    Looking at verses in particular:

    (NIV) Ro. 3:25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—

    “God presented” this might be better expressed as “God is offering” since it will later be received, received or rejected on the contingency of some kind of “faith”. Instead of received it might better be translated as accepted (with the option of being rejected or not accepted).
    “Sacrifice of atonement” is described by Jesus, Paul, Peter, John and the Hebrew writer as the “ransom payment” or just “ransom”. So God is offering a ransom payment to be accepted by those with faith or rejected by those refusing or just not accepted by those lacking faith.

    A huge part of that ransom payment that especially applies to those that are already Christians is the life giving cleansing blood of Christ. Christ and God would have personally preferred that blood remained in Christ’s veins, but I needed it given up by Christ to flow over both my outside and my heart to know, experience, “trust” and feel I am cleansed and made alive. So Christ willingly gave up His blood for me and because of me. This is an overwhelming tragedy I insisted on to believe: I was made holy, righteous and stand justified. Without knowing and feeling this blood flowing over my heart, I might question my cleansing?

    “Demonstrate his righteousness” God did not become righteous, but just showed the righteousness He has always had. (God’s justice/ holiness/being right) comes with the atoning sacrifice that includes the life giving cleansing blood showing God’s righteousness/justice in a very particular way; by resolving the huge problem that existed under the Old Covenant. That huge problem in the Old Covenant was with the handling of intentional sins that where committed, repented of, and which the individual sought forgiveness from God for doing (and God forgave without justly disciplining the sinner [thus not showing His righteousness through His disciplining]). These sins could be forgiven by God, but there was no way to fairly/justly discipline (punish) the sinner and still have the sinner live in the Promised Land. God did have fair/just punishments (discipline) for these sins, but the Jews could not follow through with them, since all Jews deserved to be treated similarly (there would be no one left in the Promised Land).

    “in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished” Instead of “unpunished” I would translate that Greek word to be “undisciplined”.
    “because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished”, shows the contrast between before and after the cross. This is not saying: “before the cross sins are now being punished by Christ going to the cross”, but is saying they were left unpunished prior to the cross. If they are being handled the “same way” as sins after the cross there would be no contrast? (And there are lots of other problems with this reasoning.) There is no “punishment” (disciplining for intentional sins) before the cross yet there is “punishment” (disciplining of God’s children) with the cross.

    Any good parent realizes the need for not just forgiving their rebellious disobedient child, but to also see to the child’s fair/just/loving discipline if at all possible, but under the Old Covenant there was no “fair/just/loving discipline” so God could not show His justice/righteousness except to point out in the Law what really should happen, but that is not “good” disciplining, the child can almost feel they got away with something.

    By my coming to the realization of my forcing Christ to be tortured, humiliated and murdered, because of my personal sins I experience a death blow to my heart (Acts 2: 37) the worst possible experience I can have and still live (That is also the most sever disciplining I can experience and still live). Thus I know God is my loving concerned Parent (since He at great cost has seen to my disciplining). I know how significant my sins really are; I can put those sins behind me after being disciplined. Since God and Jesus shared in my disciplining “I am crucified with Christ” (a teaching moment) our relationship is even greater than before my transgressing.
    What is the benefit/value for us that we would want to accept the ransom payment of Christ’s torture, humiliation and murder?
    What value benefit did it have for those 3000 on the day of Pentecost?
    Would those 3000 have become baptized believers on the day of Pentecost if Peter had not been able to say: Acts 2:36 “…this Jesus whom you crucified”?
    So for those 3000, their crucifying Christ (ransom payment/atoning sacrifice) resulted in them becoming baptized believers on the day of Pentecost! Did it have value for them?

    This will get us started if you really want to know.
    Wild rabbit trail

    Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  13. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 34 Times in 33 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    3389
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    BTW, you misquoted that verse, because it clarified and particularized who the all men are, them that believe!
    Wrong again;
    "For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those that believe".

  14. #28
    Over 4000 post club Epoisses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    4,344
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 775 Times in 657 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    85651
    Jesus is the savior of all men and atoned for all sin on the cross. The belief or unbelief of man has nothing with what Christ accomplished. Belief not free-will is the requirement to be saved. Free-will is heretical because sinners don't choose Christ, Christ chooses us.

  15. #29
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,741
    Thanks
    595
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,766 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    50999
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdking View Post
    Wrong again;
    "For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those that believe".
    You lied again, you did misquote the verse the first time.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  16. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 34 Times in 33 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    3389
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    You lied again, you did misquote the verse the first time.
    Wrong again. I didn't misquote anything.

    He is not only the Savior of "specially of those that believe."

    He is also the Savior of "all men."
    "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe."


    Study your dictionary and grammar as much as you study your own ideas, take off your colored glasses, then, read it again.

    You have chosen to be blinded by closing your mind to truth. But then again, if I used your glasses I'd probly b the same way.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us