User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How freewillism makes God Unjust !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,751 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The religionist doesn't really believe that Christ died for sins, not biblically, for all for whom Christ died , namely His Sheep or Gods Elect, their sins were punished by God in Christ upon the cross. So if any for whom He died goes into punishment, it makes God an unjust tyrant for again punishing people in perdition whose sin debt has been paid by Christ, His Blood!
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoisses View Post
    I personally believe that foreknowledge is inseparably linked with predestination. Calvinists present predestination as arbitrary but the bible presents predestination as a choice by an all-knowing God who knows the past, present and future intimately. God chooses those whom he foreknows. Peter said he was elect by the foreknowledge of God 1Pet. 1:2.
    Where do Calvinists present predestination as arbitrary? God chose from before the creation of the world.
    Ephesians 1:4-5
    4 Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.5 God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    The religionist doesn't really believe that Christ died for sins, not biblically, for all for whom Christ died , namely His Sheep or Gods Elect, their sins were punished by God in Christ upon the cross. So if any for whom He died goes into punishment, it makes God an unjust tyrant for again punishing people in perdition whose sin debt has been paid by Christ, His Blood!

The religionist evades the Truth of scripture that Christ's Death / Blood alone saved anyone without a person's freewill contributory factor to obtain it, which is a blatant disregard for the effectual Power of the Cross of Christ to Save to the uttermost Heb. 7:25 the Children God has Chosen and predestinated In Union with Him to have forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:4-7; and that these same ones [Sheep John 10:11] were reconciled to God by Christ's Blood even while being His enemies and unbelievers.

Rom. 5:8-10

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

So God's Elect [Sheep] were never under God's Wrath !
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,568 Times in 22,516 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In 'Old GM's' learned opinion, Calvinism is the "Totality of Absurdity." Just my opinion.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Where do Calvinists present predestination as arbitrary? God chose from before the creation of the world.
    Ephesians 1:4-5
    4 Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.5 God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.
    Of course, you misinterpret Scripture and seek to align it with your 'belief system.'

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (November 5th, 2018)

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    Of course, you misinterpret Scripture and seek to align it with your 'belief system.'
    Answer the question please.
    Where do Calvinists present predestination as arbitrary?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Answer the question please.
    Where do Calvinists present predestination as arbitrary?
    Trying to convince you of anything, is an 'exercise in futility.'

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (November 5th, 2018)

Thread Information