toldailytopic: What issues are you most dogmatic about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samstarrett

What gets my goat is creeping theocracy, perhaps the greatest menace to America today. Those wolves in sheep's clothing the religious right.

:darwinsm:

America has about as much chance of becoming a Christian theocracy as you have of ceasing to libel pro-lifers.

Samstarrett

What I am Dogmatic About

What I am Dogmatic About

Well, I'm not quite sure what the question means.

If it means: What I am absolutely certain I could never doubt under any circumstances, then I am dogmatic that:

1. I exist.

If it means: What I am willing to publicly say I will never change my mind about:

1. I exist.
2. There is a God.
3. Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World.
4. Life begins in mammals at fertilization; therefore human life begins at fertilization; therefore abortion and certain forms of stem cell research are wrong.
5. Islam is not a 'religion of peace'.
6. We wops make the best food in the world. :chuckle:

If it means: What I am passionate about, to the degree that I frequently skip civil discussion in favor of impassioned speech and vitriol when talking about it:

1. Abortion is wrong.
2. Violent full-contact sports such as football and wrestling ought not to be co-ed.
3(must be paired with 4 to qualify). The West is not evil.
4(must be paired with 3 to qualify). It is not true that Islam is good/should be tolerated/is a religion of peace, etc.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The USA is plain nuts not to profile persons in airports! Totally :kookoo:

Samstarrett

I'm pretty dogmatic about these things...

5.People should keep their religions to themselves and never try to impose their beliefs or social agenda on others...

You mean, for example, by legislating it? Or maybe by inserting it into the Constitution on January 22, 1973?

Last edited:

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Roe v Wade has absolutely nothing to do with religion,nor is it the result of individual people trying to "impose" anything on any one.
I don't "libel" pro-lifers ;I just point out how false their arguments against abortion are.
And yes,there is a lot more risk of fundamentalist evangelical theocracy being imposed on America than you realizem,and it must be fought at all costs.
My problem is not with Christianity per se, or with people being Christian. It's with certain narriow-minded,intolerant,ignorant and self-righteous people who want to impose theocracy on America. I don't condemn any one merely for being a Christian, but I do condemn pious hypocrites who are appallingly self-righteous.
Of course,they deny actually wanting to impose theocracy,but this is totally didingenuous. They cleverly disguise their evil intentions with
nice-sounding euphemisms such as "let's take America back","WE must protect life",
"protecting religious freedom in America," " we must protect marriage", "let's stand up to the homosexual agenda", "we need smaller and limited" government, etc.
But don't be fooled !

Samstarrett

Roe v Wade has absolutely nothing to do with religion,nor is it the result of individual people trying to "impose" anything on any one.

Seven of the nine individual people who make up the Supreme Court imposed a society with abortion on demand on people like me, who don't want it. Abortion on demand is no less a social agenda than life.

I don't "libel" pro-lifers ;I just point out how false their arguments against abortion are.

You also libel us by accusing us of not caring about anyone who's already been born.

And yes,there is a lot more risk of fundamentalist evangelical theocracy being imposed on America than you realizem,and it must be fought at all costs.

In a Christian theocracy, we would expect to see:

1. No abortion.
2. Homosexual behavior punished, or at least not sanctioned by the State.
3. Prayer in public schools allowed or possibly required.
4. The Ten Commandments over courthouse doors.
5. Religious tests to hold public office.
6. Creation taught in public schools.
7. Strict limits on divorce.

Now, are we becoming more or less of a Christian theocracy?

My problem is not with Christianity per se, or with people being Christian. It's with certain narriow-minded,intolerant,ignorant and self-righteous people who want to impose theocracy on America. I don't condemn any one merely for being a Christian, but I do condemn pious hypocrites who are appallingly self-righteous.

You mean people who want to outlaw abortion just because they believe it is the destruction of an innocent human life? :jawdrop: How self-righteous!

Come on, Horn. If you thought that fetuses were people, you would want abortion outlawed too...wouldn't you?

Of course,they deny actually wanting to impose theocracy,but this is totally didingenuous. They cleverly disguise their evil intentions with
nice-sounding euphemisms such as "let's take America back","WE must protect life",
"protecting religious freedom in America," " we must protect marriage", "let's stand up to the homosexual agenda", "we need smaller and limited" government, etc.
But don't be fooled !

:kookoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.