Thanks
    Thanked 33,577 Times in 22,522 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rexlunae View Post
    Ultimately, NBC shot itself in the foot by not releasing the footage. They missed out on their own scoop. But aren't we glad the tape is out now, while there's still time to avoid electing a serial sexual assailant?

And by the way, if this was the footage you were waiting to finally dump support for the guy, you haven't been paying enough attention. We knew, long before last week, that the guy was a pig. We didn't know the full extent, and we probably still don't, but there should have been a judgement made. If you failed to make it, that's on you.
    Were you as outraged by Bill Clinton? Or, does he get a pass because he's a liberal Democrat? Be honest now.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Democrats are up in arms against Trump for saying some "Naughty words", however, they just think: "Well, Bill was just being Bill." He's a "Good old boy, at heart."

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,003 Times in 4,985 Posts

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    Were you as outraged by Bill Clinton? Or, does he get a pass because he's a liberal Democrat? Be honest now.
    I didn't vote for Bill Clinton.
    So keep your candles burning

a.k.a. starchild, starburst, stardust, sweetpea, and dumber than dirt.

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    Your own words show that your primary outrage is at the timing of the report, while your outrage at the the sexual assault is somewhere between secondary and nonexistent.
    womanizing idiots well always exist in our society, it's the press responsibility to vet these people and report what they find in a timely manner so the electorate can make informed voting decisions. so pardon me, if my language is harsher on the media who abandoned their necessary responsibilities so Satan can be elected than on Trump.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Democrats are up in arms against Trump for saying some "Naughty words", however, they just think: "Well, Bill was just being Bill." He's a "Good old boy, at heart."

"Naughty words?"

The denial is strong with this one.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jeffblue101 View Post
    womanizing idiots well always exist in our society, it's the press responsibility to vet these people and report what they find in a timely manner so the electorate can make informed voting decisions. so pardon me, if my language is harsher on the media who abandoned their necessary responsibilities so Satan can be elected than on Trump.
    He's been accused of multiple accounts of sexual assault, which isn't the same thing as "womanizing." And yet - your outrage is with the timing of the reports. There's something wrong with that.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to annabenedetti For Your Post:

commonsense (October 15th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 Times in 1,933 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He doesn't get any kind of pass. But there's a difference. The only thing he was definitively found to have done is have a series of affairs. That's not illegal, and it isn't Hillary's fault. There was a special prosecutor with $40 million to try to dig up something to charge him with, and the best they could find was perjury related to a consensual affair and obstruction of justice, neither of which lead to a conviction in the Senate. Bill is definitely a bad husband, and he might be a lot worse, but the evidence of the worse is relatively weak, and ultimately, its up to Hillary how to handle to "bad husband" side of things. If she wants to forgive his infidelity, that's fine with me, and it doesn't hurt my impression of her one iota.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
    I don't care what he is.
    Odd that you're suddenly indifferent to the character of the person you're supporting. You think that's consistent with your approach to other candidates for office?

Quote Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
    He is right on policy and Hillary is wrong.
    I think you're wrong about that, but there's barely time for policy in an election as horrible as this one has been. Trumps policy proposals have been downright incoherent, most of the time.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rexlunae For Your Post:

annabenedetti (October 15th, 2016),commonsense (October 15th, 2016)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He doesn't get any kind of pass. But there's a difference. The only thing he was definitively found to have done is have a series of affairs. That's not illegal, and it isn't Hillary's fault. There was a special prosecutor with $40 million to try to dig up something to charge him with, and the best they could find was perjury related to a consensual affair and obstruction of justice, neither of which lead to a conviction in the Senate. Bill is definitely a bad husband, and he might be a lot worse, but the evidence of the worse is relatively weak, and ultimately, its up to Hillary how to handle to "bad husband" side of things. If she wants to forgive his infidelity, that's fine with me, and it doesn't hurt my impression of her one iota.
    So, Trump saying some "Nasty things" is FAR worse than Clinton's accusations of rape and many affairs? You sure have a strange way of measuring wrongness? According to you, words are worse than actions. I get it.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, Rex, is nasty talk a crime? If so, is it considered a Misdemeanor or a Felony?

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liberals are hypocrites. Nothing new there.

Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    I didn't vote for Bill Clinton.
    LOL! But you are voting for something worse. HYPOCRISY ALERT

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, Trump saying some "Nasty things" is FAR worse than Clinton's accusations of rape and many affairs?
    You can't even present what's happened accurately, so determined are you to minimize the awfulness of Trump. What Trump was caught saying on the bus to Billy Bush was about as bad as possible, but it isn't the extent of the latest outrage. There have been eight women who've come forward to say that those words describe things that he did to them. If Clinton is a rapist, the evidence of it is fairly weak, and he's never actually justified sexual assault as far as I know.

And no, an affair isn't on the same level as what Trump has definitely said, or what he's been accused of doing.

You sure have a strange way of measuring wrongness? According to you, words are worse than actions. I get it.[/I]
    There are currently more accusations of actual actions against Trump then there ever were against Bill Clinton. And again, Bill is not running for any office.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rexlunae For Your Post:

annabenedetti (October 15th, 2016)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rex said the following in Post # 22 "He doesn't get any kind of pass. But there's a difference. The only thing he was definitively found to have done is have a series of affairs. That's not illegal, and it isn't Hillary's fault."

So, if we go by what Rex is saying, Trump's "dirty talk" is worse than Bill's rape charges and affairs.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rex said the following in Post # 22 "He doesn't get any kind of pass. But there's a difference. The only thing he was definitively found to have done is have a series of affairs. That's not illegal, and it isn't Hillary's fault."

So, if we go by what Rex is saying, Trump's "dirty talk" is worse than Bill's rape charges and affairs.
    Try reading a little closer.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't even present what's happened accurately, so determined are you to minimize the awfulness of Trump. What Trump was caught saying on the bus to Billy Bush was about as bad as possible, but it isn't the extent of the latest outrage. There have been eight women who've come forward to say that those words describe things that he did to them. If Clinton is a rapist, the evidence of it is fairly weak, and he's never actually justified sexual assault as far as I know.

And no, an affair isn't on the same level as what Trump has definitely said, or what he's been accused of doing.

There are currently more accusations of actual actions against Trump then there ever were against Bill Clinton. And again, Bill is not running for any office.
    Nuff said. I rest my case.

Thread Information