Hi - Long-time reader, First-time Poster ... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin.Harris

Hi everyone,

I've enjoyed reading various threads here on TOL for the past few weeks. Religion is a fascinating topic to me - I really enjoy talking to others about their beliefs and finding out why people believe the way they do. I am very respective of other's beliefs and I expect the same toward my beliefs, even if they don't believe. I have observed how things go here on TOL, where there is unfortunately not a lot of respect and a lot of finger-pointing. I grew up in the Southern Bible Belt for most of my life and am living in the midwest now.

I was baptized a Mormon at an early age (8) and am still active and faithful, but my family for the most part, have left the Church. I served a 2-year mission several years ago and am still unmarried (I'm a 28 yo male) - hopefully soon! :)

Thanks, y'all!

P.S. How do I get an image beside my name?

Last edited:

csuguy

welcome!

You can get an image beside your name by going to the "User CP" and changing your avatar.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to TOL.

I am very respective of other's beliefs and I expect the same toward my beliefs

Do you respect the guys who believe God told them it was OK to shoot Pakistani policemen in Karachi?

P.S. How do I get an image beside my name?
You can only choose from the site sponsored images at the moment. Wait a few weeks and make a few posts and you'll be able to upload your own.

Martin.Harris

Elyon, I've enjoyed reading your posts here.

Question: Why do you think that their choice to leave the Church is inherently a good thing when you don't know the circumstances of their leaving or the path they've chosen instead?

Mr. 5020

Question: Why do you think that their choice to leave the Church is inherently a good thing when you don't know the circumstances of their leaving or the path they've chosen instead?
Perhaps he was being optimistic; however, leaving something evil (like the LDS church) is usually a good thing.

Welcome to TOL :)

Spitfire

Imagine Elyon's horror if he discovered they left the Mormon Church to become Roman Catholic... :noway:

I'm pretty sure we're even worse.

Foxe's Book of Martyrs says so.

Martin.Harris

Imagine Elyon's horror if he discovered they left the Mormon Church to become Roman Catholic... :noway:

I'm pretty sure we're even worse.

Foxe's Book of Martyrs says so.

Haha, Thanks Spitfire. Such a knee-jerk reaction from Elyon and others is too common.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
welcome!

You can get an image beside your name by going to the "User CP" and changing your avatar.
Just copy csuguy's avatar. You'll find out soon enough why that works for me. I'm just sayin'. :squint:

AMR

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I have always been an Episcopalian and have never left my church in spirit; therefore, I imagine it would be hard for me to leave the Mormon church, if I was raised a Mormon.

Welcome to TOL

Martin.Harris

I have always been an Episcopalian and have never left my church in spirit; therefore, I imagine it would be hard for me to leave the Mormon church, if I was raised a Mormon.

Welcome to TOL

Thanks for that comment. Do Episcopalians consider themselves Protestants or a Reformed Catholicism? I'm a little cloudy on the history.

Martin.Harris

Martin Harris

Martin Harris

Also, I guess I should say that Martin Harris is the name of an important person in LDS Church History (Scribe for Joseph Smith's translation of the Book of Mormon and 1 of the 3 witnesses), and not my name. He's someone that I would like to meet from early Church history.

bucksplasher

Welcome

Welcome

and I hope to read good posts from your computer. tWINs

PS I especially appreciate the Mormon stance against abortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.