User Tag List

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your definition of racism?

Thanks
    Thanked 18,731 Times in 11,877 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Not only that, Angel; but to be PC you have to accept other cultures as well.

I like my culture.
    I don't want to change it or mix it.
    Same here.

I have friends galore of other races (close friends), but I would have never dated or married them because that sort of attraction was never there.
    I agree totally.

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

Tambora (October 12th, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MarcATL View Post
    What about institutional racism. Haven't seen that mentioned thus far.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    Lets get your definition of that, first.

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not only that, Angel; but to be PC you have to accept other cultures as well.

I like my culture.
    I don't want to change it or mix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    Money is not the problem. Good teachers don't want to live in bad neighborhoods and deal with kids who don't want to learn and whose parents don't give a damn. All the teaching talent stays in the suburban districts as a result . Like it or not, the only answer other than vouchers is to slowly bus urban kids into these suburban schools, but not overwhelm them....just enough to let the dominant school culture influence their attitude towards education and whites. It has been shown to work but was dismantled before it had time to really take off.
    I disagree, busing only usually brings trouble to other schools, a better solution in my opinion is hold teachers accountable, you know like leftists dont want to do with teacher unions. Get rid of the bad apple teachers and remove the kids that hinder the others. Schools lack disciple anymore.

The Massive Liberal Failure on Race - Part 1: How the left’s embrace of busing hurt the cause of integration.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    Money is not the problem. Good teachers don't want to live in bad neighborhoods and deal with kids who don't want to learn and whose parents don't give a damn. All the teaching talent stays in the suburban districts as a result . Like it or not, the only answer other than vouchers is to slowly bus urban kids into these suburban schools, but not overwhelm them....just enough to let the dominant school culture influence their attitude towards education and whites. It has been shown to work but was dismantled before it had time to really take off.
    My nearest city sorts children to the city schools using a lottery system. Parents apply to schools in the order they prefer, and oversubscribed schools select pupils by random chance.

I disagree that money isn't a significant problem though. Pupils from families with low expectations will always have a harder time of it, so they need the best teachers. While you are right that many good teachers will drift towards schools that are most pleasant to work in, much of that is due to uniform pay rates between schools. There are two clear ways to resolve this. The first is to pay teachers much more for working in the most difficult conditions, and let the market sort out the supply. This is how companies that need the best staff can get the best staff. The other way is the Aussie system, of employing teachers at the state level and rotating them through all the different schools, so that each school has a similar mix of teachers.
    We wunt be druv.

Self appointed representative of the reality based community. [Send complaints to /dev/null.]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gcthomas For Your Post:

annabenedetti (October 12th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    I disagree, busing only usually brings trouble to other schools, a better solution in my opinion is hold teachers accountable, you know like leftists dont want to do with teacher unions. Get rid of the bad apple teachers and remove the kids that hinder the others. Schools lack disciple anymore.

The Massive Liberal Failure on Race - Part 1: How the left’s embrace of busing hurt the cause of integration.
    When the difficult schools don't offer enough pay to attract the talent, then they won't get the talent. Chucking out the weaker teachers, instead of training, rewarding and supporting them better, will just leave those neighbourhood schools without teachers. Schools offering a diet of daily conflict and reactionary management can't attract the teachers they need without the money to pay them a decent differential to compensate them for the poor working conditions. Which other sorts of employees stay in companies that give them nothing but stress and blame if they are able to move to another company?
    We wunt be druv.

Self appointed representative of the reality based community. [Send complaints to /dev/null.]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gcthomas For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 47,060 Times in 29,058 Posts

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    Sorry, but that's hogwash.

The impediments that dark-skinned men and women have to overcome economically and socially to gain any sort of power in this culture are far greater than those of light-skinned people. And this mantra of "personal responsibility" is just society's way of blaming the victims. We build a wall so high that only a very few people of color can manage to scale it and then we use the fact that a few do manage to scale it as an excuse for ignoring the wall we've created to keep most of them pushed to the furthest margins of society. And then we use that marginalization as an excuse to blame them for not wanting to "fit into" mainstream society.

Then we blame them when they get angry about all of this. Or when they become hopeless. Because nothing is ever "whitey's" fault. Nothing is ever "whitey's" responsibility. Even though "whitey" controls all the levers of power, and of wealth, and of cultural expression in this society.
    I think your statement is hogwash.

I don't think those that are successful and accomplished should have to "hold off" or stop pushing for excellence until the rest can catch up with them just so things will appear more equal.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is racism really a bad thing? Seriously. If a person likes to hangout with their own race, as long as they bear no ill will towards other races, is that really so horrible? Think about that before you give me a knee-jerk angry response.

Starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln musterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,347 Times in 11,665 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just had a great conversation with an old Navy vet like myself. He was in around the same time I was. Said in boot he had to take a remedial swim class. Everybody sitting in the bleachers in the class was black. He truly believes this general aversion to swimming is an indication of some genetic feature of black folks.

PC says it is racist for any white person to simply observe that black people certainly can but typically don't like to swim. Is it racist?
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 1,093 Posts

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think those that are successful and accomplished should have to "hold off" or stop pushing for excellence until the rest can catch up with them just so things will appear more equal.
    If anything, such a notion is just supportive of racism. Racism is the notion that some races are better than others- so it's like they are admitting what they are against if another race has to slow down so the other can be equal

The 1st World

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Just had a great conversation with an old Navy vet like myself. He was in around the same time I was. Said in boot he had to take a remedial swim class. Everybody sitting in the bleachers in the class was black. He truly believes this general aversion to swimming is an indication of some genetic feature of black folks.

PC says it is racist for any white person to simply observe that black people certainly can but typically don't like to swim. Is it racist?
    It is more likely that since blacks are concentrated in the poorer sectors of society then either social or financial factors prevented them getting access to swimming pools. Proposing the idea of genetic causes are little more than antiscientific post-hoc justifications of their own racist feelings.
    We wunt be druv.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to gcthomas For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 47,060 Times in 29,058 Posts

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crucible View Post
    If anything, such a notion is just supportive of racism. Racism is the notion that some races are better than others- so it's like they are admitting what they are against if another race has to slow down so the other can be equal
    That's kinda what has happened.
    The bar of excellence keeps being lowered.
    When schools started grading on a curve, things went downhill.
    All it did was give some kids straight As that really were not straight A students.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
    Is racism really a bad thing? Seriously. If a person likes to hangout with their own race, as long as they bear no ill will towards other races, is that really so horrible? Think about that before you give me a knee-jerk angry response.
    WWJD?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarcATL For Your Post:

annabenedetti (October 12th, 2016),gcthomas (October 12th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    Lets get your definition of that, first.
    See my previous posts.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one mentioned or even suggested anything about "holding back" anyone that's currently successful.

How the heck you calculated that?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MarcATL For Your Post:

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,435 Times in 5,559 Posts

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    unfortunately, for many people, this is the face of black america: