User Tag List

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your definition of racism?

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 1,093 Posts

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    Yes, there are black racists. Many of them. But they are racist as a result of their abuse at the hands of white racists.
    They are racist out of envy- white people prosper and black people hold each other down. They have suffered very little abuse of white racists, because there are very little white racists. Most white people have simply become frustrated with being called racist for BEING WHITE.

Stop defending such absurdity- a racist is a racist, and if a white man is such a demon for being one then guess what- so is the black racist. They are dishonest in perpetuating against another race when it's their own race hurting them.

The truth hurts, and it's become a crime to tell it- so I guess that makes me 'racist'

Thanks
    Thanked 18,755 Times in 11,887 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    After you define it, give examples in your own life that you deem to be racist. If you don't like a certain culture, does that make you racist? If yes, where does race come into play other than a particular race seems to be the main members of that culture?
    Racism - when someone has an issue with or causes problems with others based (treats them differently) based on their race alone.

An example for me would be fear in areas that are predominately black and the assumption that they will harm me, or rob me, etc..

But my basis is experience, with it happening and seeing it happen.

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

Tambora (October 4th, 2016)

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 1,093 Posts

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the Liberal Dictionary, the definition of 'racism' is as follows:
    to have any problem at all with anyone whatsoever of another race.

Liberals will disagree with this, but brand you a racist if you exhibit such. That's the nonsense of liberals, who refuse to see it

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Racism is when you apply pre-conceptions to someone based on the association of their skin color to others of that race.

It can be positive or negative. But when it's positive, we don't call it racism. We just say "he seems like a good guy."

Over 5000 post club ClimateSanity's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,044 Times in 1,531 Posts

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    Racism - when someone has an issue with or causes problems with others based (treats them differently) based on their race alone.

An example for me would be fear in areas that are predominately black and the assumption that they will harm me, or rob me, etc..

But my basis is experience, with it happening and seeing it happen.
    You could go to sub Saharan Africa and not see one white person, yet feel totally safe. I did. It's the stereotypical behavior and dress that you saw that gave you fear... not the skin color....I'm guessing.

Thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Well, blind prejudicial racism might be doing that to an extent but then considering we both know how idiotic and brain dead it is to entertain such idiocy I'm kinda failing to see what the point of this thread is? If someone is prejudiced against another based simply on skin pigmentation or culture etc then they're a moron right?
    The point of this thread is to get people to talk about it because we are talking past each other on it and using it as a weapon to silence opinion we don't want to hear .

Thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crucible View Post
    There is a difference between 'racist' and 'prejudice'. Prejudice has basically become synonymous to racism due to the constant spamming of the word every time a liberal spews their self righteous, overblown nonsense.

The typical- racist, bigot, sexist, bigot xenophobe, bigot, homophobe..
    did I mention bigot

Anyway, racism is believing there are classes of race, usually inferring their own race as the best or, at least, certain others are worse.
    However, 'prejudice' is having a tendency to not like another of another race, usually due to a certain culture within said race that they exhibit.
    Yes. It's usually one of the cultures within a race that is repugnant to other races and it's easy to fall into the trap of designating everyone of that race to that culture.

Thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    According to the political machine google, minorities cannot be racist. Because according to the left, racism isn't about race.
    Yes. It's about wielding power to them.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ClimateSanity For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (October 3rd, 2016)

Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,748 Times in 5,207 Posts

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    The point of this thread is to get people to talk about it because we are talking past each other on it and using it as a weapon to silence opinion we don't want to hear .
    I'm not trying to silence anybody on anything. I just think that racism is pretty self explanatory. What is it other than blind prejudice and ignorance?
    Well this is fun isn't it?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

annabenedetti (October 4th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    Just as violence begets more violence, racism begets more racism.

Yes, there are black racists. Many of them. But they are racist as a result of their abuse at the hands of white racists. It's a self-perpetuating and escalating cycle. And the only way to stop the cycle is to stop practicing racism regardless of our color or our perceived justifications.
    I agreed mostly but the racism usually is not due to anything done to them by white racists . Because of slavery, their society lags behind white society and they are indignant that their neighborhoods are a dangerous mess. Nobody wants to take responsibility for their own actions, and so it's easier to blame whitey and magnify any real or imagined slight. IMO, all the talk about slavery and the real abuse they faced in society all the way up to housing discrimination feeds their anger and makes them racist. So, you are right in a sense, but the injustice that feeds their racism happened to their parents and distant relatives of the past, not any behavior in the here and now.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ClimateSanity For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (October 3rd, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not trying to silence anybody on anything. I just think that racism is pretty self explanatory. What is it other than blind prejudice and ignorance?
    Didn't say you were trying to silence anyone. I'm talking about societal discourse here in America.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ClimateSanity For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (October 5th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,589 Times in 13,028 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Black folk be gettin' held back

Resident Rocket Surgeon rocketman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,821 Times in 1,245 Posts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In America racism is whatever the left wants it to mean at the moment, it is a versatile hyperbole that can be attached to any, speech, behavior, or worldview whether it is accurate or not. I wish that it was as cut and dry as you presume but, that is just not the case, in fact I would say the more the word "Racism" is being used wrongly the more it becomes blasť & trite, it loses it's power as it's meaning is perverted to be a one size fits all term.
    The winner of the 2011 Truthsmacker of the Year Award

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...pictureid=3504

Help Take Back Our Country from Washington D.C.. with the Convention of States

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rocketman For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (October 3rd, 2016),ok doser (December 20th, 2018),PneumaPsucheSoma (October 15th, 2016),Tambora (October 4th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    In America racism is whatever the left wants it to mean at the moment, it is a versatile hyperbole that can be attached to any, speech, behavior, or worldview whether it is accurate or not. I wish that it was as cut and dry as you presume but, that is just not the case, in fact I would say the more the word "Racism" is being used wrongly the more it becomes blasť & trite, it loses it's power as it's meaning is perverted to be a one size fits all term.
    This is exactly the kind of post I was looking for when I created the thread. It's what I was hinting at.

Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,748 Times in 5,207 Posts

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    Ok, from a political perspective the term can come to be loaded, twisted and warped out of all recognition, from both the left and the right, but that's not what I thought was under discussion here.
    Well this is fun isn't it?

Thread Information