User Tag List

Page 151 of 155 FirstFirst ... 51101141148149150151152153154 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2318

Thread: Do those who believe MAD have no problem disregarding what Jesus actually taught ?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,109 Times in 2,559 Posts

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    Cornelius was a saved gentile bro. What was the content of faith for Neil in order for his salvation my friend?
    The difference between Cornelius and most of the other Gentiles was that he was a proselyte at the gate and would know the teachings found in the OT.

The message that was preached to him was the same message which had been preached to the Jews (Acts 10:36-37). And even before Peter had finished his sermon to him he realized that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And upon believing that message he was given life when he was born of God (Jn.20:30-31;1 Jn.5:1-5).

There is no evidence at all that he was saved by believing that Christ died for our sins.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

Right Divider (April 13th, 2017),SaulToPaul (April 13th, 2017)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    The difference between Cornelius and most of the other Gentiles was that he was a proselyte at the gate and would know the teachings found in the OT.

The message that was preached to him was the same message which had been preached to the Jews (Acts 10:36-37). And even before Peter had finished his sermon to him he realized that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And upon believing that message he was given life when he was born of God (Jn.20:30-31;1 Jn.5:1-5).

There is no evidence at all that he was saved by believing that Christ died for our sins.
    So you don't know his content of faith in order for him to have been saved? I do.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus is the Christ has no other meaning than that he was sacrificed for sins and made Lord and Christ in honor of that accomplishment, Acts 2.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

Thanks
    Thanked 4,109 Times in 2,559 Posts

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    Jesus is the Christ has no other meaning than that he was sacrificed for sins and made Lord and Christ in honor of that accomplishment, Acts 2.
    Sure! The Apostles knew that the Lord Jesus was the Christ but until shortly before the Cross they didn't even know that He was going to die (Lk.18:33-34).

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

Right Divider (April 13th, 2017),SaulToPaul (April 13th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,714 Times in 7,682 Posts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally made up, or lifted from a commentary.
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    You're too literal to get it.
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

Tambora (April 19th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    It's obvious to me that the MADists are weak on Old Testament exegesis. But that's also true of Lon and Ask Mr Wrong, Nang and the rest of the TOLrs.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

Tambora (April 19th, 2017)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure! The Apostles knew that the Lord Jesus was the Christ but until shortly before the Cross they didn't even know that He was going to die (Lk.18:33-34).

As explained before it cannot mean that. He had burial herbs as a gift since he was born. More intriguing is that no one can express the outburst of denial that Peter did in the Trans scene unless they really know it. He was BLOCKING it out of his mind. The Lk 18 passage (and parallels) means that they were now so disturbed at his death (vs him being monarch) that God had to hide it from them, only later to give it back to them through the Spirit.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As explained before it cannot mean that. He had burial herbs as a gift since he was born. More intriguing is that no one can express the outburst of denial that Peter did in the Trans scene unless they really know it. He was BLOCKING it out of his mind. The Lk 18 passage (and parallels) means that they were now so disturbed at his death (vs him being monarch) that God had to hide it from them, only later to give it back to them through the Spirit.
    More humanism from Dr Phil.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

Evil.Eye.<(I)> (April 13th, 2017),Tambora (April 19th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,919 Times in 3,553 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Why do so many want to deny these sorts of clear and unambiguous facts?

Unbelief?
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    Same GOSPEL two different groups of people as in Jews and gentiles.

Jesus NEVER made any distinctions in HIS gospel that the Jews and gentiles would each have a different gospel ever.

John 3:16 For God so loved the WORLD that HE gave His only begotten Son that WHOSOEVER believes will not perish but have everlasting life. Jesus made no distinction between Jews and Gentiles.

When Jesus said in John 14:6 that HE is the way the truth and the life and no man comes to the Father but by Him it applied to everyone, and he made no distinction between Jews and Gentiles.

When Jesus said He was the light of the world He made no distinctions between Jews and Gentiles.

When Jesus said He is the door ( only way to God ) again He made no distinction between Jew and Gentile.

I will stay with what Jesus taught.
    The problem is down to one thing and that is once again the mistranslation of a word. The English word gospel does not convey what the original word conveyed. Gospel is a made up word that nobody knows the true and first meaning of. The word gospel didn't appear until the English translators adulterated the scriptures.

Evangelism is a transliterated noun and conveys, in truth and light, what the Hebrew besorah and the Greek euangelion means. All other European language Bibles use the transliteration of euangelion. The only exceptions are those that took their translations from the KJV instead of the original tongues.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Why do so many want to deny these sorts of clear and unambiguous facts?

Unbelief?
    Instead of just believing the passage, I suppose God wants us to become amateur psychologists like Interplanner, and diagnose the Apostles' condition?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

"That is why you Fail" Evil.Eye.<(I)>'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 985 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    The problem is down to one thing and that is once again the mistranslation of a word. The English word gospel does not convey what the original word conveyed. Gospel is a made up word that nobody knows the true and first meaning of. The word gospel didn't appear until the English translators adulterated the scriptures.

Evangelism is a transliterated noun and conveys, in truth and light, what the Hebrew besorah and the Greek euangelion means. All other European language Bibles use the transliteration of euangelion. The only exceptions are those that took their translations from the KJV instead of the original tongues.
    Hi "Truster",

How's that whole issue with me for believing that Jesus means that "Believe" = Salvation going? Do you still have trouble with Eph. 2:8f?

Gospel means Good News... So Evangelize or Gospelize, but honestly... You're just not down with that Good Good.

- EE
    Open (Beyond Time ...1 Ki. 8:27) Relational to us within Time (John 1:1)
    Dispensational (2 Ti. 2:15)
    It's All About Jesus and He's the theology (John 5:39f)
    Biblical (2 Ti. 3:16)
    Zionist (Rm. 11:25-36)
    There is only one Commentary!
    (1 John 2:27; Rm. 8:9; Php. 1:19; Mt. 23:8)

Salvation is Free (Eph. 2:8f) !!! It depends on his strength, not mine!!! (2 Co. 12:9)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil.Eye.<(I)> View Post
    Hi "Truster",

How's that whole issue with me for believing that Jesus means that "Believe" = Salvation going? Do you still have trouble with Eph. 2:8f?

Gospel means Good News... So Evangelize or Gospelize, but honestly... You're just not down with that Good Good.

- EE
    Do you really expect me to answer such ignorant questions? A lecturer of mine said, You can tell the level of a man's understanding by the questions he asks. You hover around zero understanding since you started posting and nothing has changed.I'm putting you on ignore because you have nothing to say that I need to hear. What I have to say you can't hear...you hate the truth and tear at those who post the truth.
    Last edited by Truster; April 16th, 2017 at 03:27 PM.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Truster For Your Post:

Nang (April 13th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    Same GOSPEL two different groups of people as in Jews and gentiles.

Jesus NEVER made any distinctions in HIS gospel that the Jews and gentiles would each have a different gospel ever.

John 3:16 For God so loved the WORLD that HE gave His only begotten Son that WHOSOEVER believes will not perish but have everlasting life. Jesus made no distinction between Jews and Gentiles.

When Jesus said in John 14:6 that HE is the way the truth and the life and no man comes to the Father but by Him it applied to everyone, and he made no distinction between Jews and Gentiles.

When Jesus said He was the light of the world He made no distinctions between Jews and Gentiles.

When Jesus said He is the door ( only way to God ) again He made no distinction between Jew and Gentile.

I will stay with what Jesus taught.
    Dodge...

Do you believe that Jesus is THE "Son of Man" of His Word?

Do you believe that Jesus is the very "presence" that was "speaking" to Israel from Sinai?

Do you believe that Jesus is the Groom and do you recognize the difference between the Body of Moses (Jude 1:9) and the Body of Christ? (1 Cor. 12:27)

Do you understand why HE leaves in CORPORAL FORM here...

Acts 1:9 Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, 11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”

12 Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a Sabbath day’s journey.

And ... Do you understand why HE returns in CORPORAL FORM here...

Zechariah 14 Behold, the day of the Lord is coming,
    And your spoil will be divided in your midst.
    2 For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
    The city shall be taken,
    The houses rifled,
    And the women ravished.
    Half of the city shall go into captivity,
    But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
    3 Then the Lord will go forth
    And fight against those nations,
    As He fights in the day of battle.

4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
    Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
    And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two,
    From east to west,
    Making a very large valley;
    Half of the mountain shall move toward the north
    And half of it toward the south.

Doesn't that sound like the landing of the 5 Star General of the Heavenly Host?

Haven't you ever wondered where and why we are going with Jesus after this? (1 Thes. 4:17)

Doesn't it seem to have a bunch to do with this?....

“For behold, in those days and at that time,
    When I bring back the captives of Judah and Jerusalem,
    2 I will also gather all nations,
    And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat;
    And I will enter into judgment with them there
    On account of My people, My heritage Israel
    Whom they have scattered among the nations;
    They have also divided up My land.

Doesn't it make sense? He gave HIS word...

Ex. 32:11 Then Moses pleaded with the Lord his God, and said: “Lord, why does Your wrath burn hot against Your people whom You have brought out of the land of Egypt with great power and with a mighty hand? 12 Why should the Egyptians speak, and say, ‘He brought them out to harm them, to kill them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth’? Turn from Your fierce wrath, and relent from this harm to Your people. 13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, Your servants, to whom You swore by Your own self, and said to them, ‘I will multiply your descendants as the stars of heaven; and all this land that I have spoken of I give to your descendants, and they shall inherit it forever.’” 14 So the Lord relented from the harm which He said He would do to His people.

Doesn't a Devil Dog want to know the War Plan before he goes out into battle with the ALMIGHTY?

Salvation is Free (Eph. 2:8f) !!! It depends on his strength, not mine!!! (2 Co. 12:9)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    Do you really expect me to answer such ignorant questions? A lecturer of mine said, You can tell the level of a man's understanding by the questions he asks. You hover around zero understanding since you started posting and nothing has changed.I'm putting you on ignore because you have nothing to say that I need to hear. What I have to say you can't hear...you hate the truth and tear are those who post the truth.
    (Ps. 69:23)

Thread Information