Thread: Mad finds itself in the trash by applying simple logic

Thanks
    Thanked 47,422 Times in 29,243 Posts

Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post

What adultress womean is it the Law and the Prophets prophesy the God of Israel will forgive of her sin of adultry one day?
    Israel.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (September 18th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post

What were the Ten Commandnents originally written with?
    The finger of GOD.

What is Jesus using to write on the ground the obvious list of each their sins with?
    His finger.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (September 18th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    So are you saying that Jesus would have stoned the man and the woman to death if everything had been done according to how you think it should have been done?
    There is no record of that happening. Speculation.
    And it is not about how "I think" it should be done, it is about how it should be done per the law.

It's actually irrelevant BTW, because it was more of a theological trap, not an actual trial.
    A theological trap about the law.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (September 18th, 2016),musterion (September 18th, 2016)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,870 Times in 2,893 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Exodus 31:18 And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

Deuteronomy 32:18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.

Psalms 12:5 For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.

Psalms 82:8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

Psalms 102:13 Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come.

Isaiah 60:2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.

Jeremiah 3:1 They say, If a man put away his wife, and she go from him, and become another man's, shall he return unto her again? shall not that land be greatly polluted? but thou hast played the harlot with many lovers; yet return again to me, saith the LORD. 3:2 Lift up thine eyes unto the high places, and see where thou hast not been lien with. In the ways hast thou sat for them, as the Arabian in the wilderness; and thou hast polluted the land with thy whoredoms and with thy wickedness.

3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion: 3:15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding. 3:16 And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the LORD, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the LORD: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more. 3:17 At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart. 3:18 In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers.

Luke 11:20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Israel.

Yes and he has done, in Christ. That's the one who was also supposed to come wipe his feet with her hair, as his 'feet' went all over the world with the message.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

Thanks
    Thanked 20,982 Times in 11,989 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nang View Post
    The perfect law keeping performed by Christ, was necessary for the legal imputation of His righteousness to our account.
    Chapter and verse proving that.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (September 18th, 2016),Tambora (September 18th, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Israel.
    When she repents.

The woman caught in the act shows no sign that she repented, either.

So the workerbees are insisting on her being forgiven without any evidence of her having changed her mind about anything, as far as the Text tells us.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,287 Times in 1,644 Posts

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    I Peter 3:18
    "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

" The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
    Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
    Charles Spurgeon

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nang View Post
    I Peter 3:18
    Are you that dense, or that desperate? That says nothing about vicarious lawkeeping on our behalf.
    Terence Mc Lean

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,583 Times in 22,522 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you that dense, or that desperate? That says nothing about vicarious lawkeeping on our behalf.
    Good post

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Tambora (September 18th, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Recently I've been amused by the madists responses to the fact that Jesus forgave a woman caught in the act of adultery. The mads have amazingly convinced themselves that Jesus was a Mosaic law enforcer. Well, they have to think that, don't they?
    Otherwise, Jesus would be seen to be operating with grace, mercy and forgiveness like the Jesus all non madists know and love.

So the simple point that the madist has to try and figure out is, what was the basis for people to receive forgiveness of sins by Jesus?

All non madists prepare yourselves for the most ridiculous bizarre responses to this question you could possibly imagine.
    But first, lets look at the following passage......

Luke 7:36-50
    Then one of the Pharisees asked Him to eat with him. And He went to the Pharisee’s house, and sat down to eat. And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisee’s house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil, and stood at His feet behind Him weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil.

If you're a madist, this woman just did the most stupidest thing possible. She decided to worship a Mosaic law enforcer. The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. What kind of grace could she possibly be hoping for from a lawman?
    After all, the letter kills, and Jesus was supposed to be a minister of the letter, right?
    Jesus wasn't supposed to be speaking words of spirit and life, was he? of course not
    What was this woman thinking?

Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw this, he spoke to himself, saying, "This man, if He were a prophet, would know who and what manner of woman this is who is touching Him, for she is a sinner."

He's got a point there, hasn't he, madists?

And Jesus answered and said to him, "Simon, I have something to say to you."

Listen up, madists.

So he said, "Teacher, say it." "There was a certain creditor who had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. "And when they had nothing with which to repay, he freely forgave them both. Tell Me, therefore, which of them will love him more?" Simon answered and said, "I suppose the one whom he forgave more." And He said to him, "You have rightly judged." Then He turned to the woman and said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has washed My feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head. "You gave Me no kiss, but this woman has not ceased to kiss My feet since the time I came in. "You did not anoint My head with oil, but this woman has anointed My feet with fragrant oil. "Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much.

Hang on. The woman came to Jesus in faith because she knew he'd forgive her? and so she was pouring out her love for him (worshiping him).?

She had FAITH to be forgiven in other words! And she was forgiven! GRACE GRACE GRACE! Not law!

Now if you're the pharisees sitting at the table watching this, or if you're a madist, there's a very serious question to ask here.
    What is the basis for Jesus to forgive this woman's many sins? If he's a law enforcer, there is no basis. You see, the old covenant law was bound between God and man. In the same way that man was bound by the law, God was also bound by it.
    How can God overlook a violation of the law one minute, and then condemn the next?
    Scripture tells us that the law and the prophets were until John, and so there was a new covenant being introduced that was not according to the letter, and where faith was the only requirement. Faith in Jesus to forgive sins.

But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little." Then He said to her, "Your sins are forgiven." And those who sat at the table with Him began to say to themselves, "Who is this who even forgives sins?" Then He said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you. Go in peace."

What? her faith saved her? Faith in what?
    What's the basis for sins to be forgiven if the sinner is under condemnation from the law, and Jesus is supposed to be a law enforcer?

You won't believe the mad responses to this.

Go!
    The asinine OP refuted in one sentence:

By refusing to condemn the woman caught in adultery, Christ upheld the Law.
    Terence Mc Lean

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    Good post
    Is it just me, brother, or did she not even understand the question?
    Terence Mc Lean

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,583 Times in 22,522 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dealt with it before you even arrived
    I don't see where you can DEAL with anything? You just don't have what it takes, buddy.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Tambora (September 18th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,287 Times in 1,644 Posts

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did Jesus Christ prove to be sinless ("just, righteous") except by His perfect obedience unto death, under the Law?

Why was Jesus Christ born "under the Law" except to keep the Law perfectly for His unjust children?

This is how Jesus Christ "brought us to God" . .

And this is only by the legal rendering of IMPUTATION.

He became sin and suffered our death, being a just, sinless, and righteous Man, so that we might be declared pardoned (justified) and legally qualified to live forever, in Him.

Luther called this the "great exchange!"
    "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

" The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
    Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
    Charles Spurgeon

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Nang For Your Post:

Eagles Wings (September 21st, 2016)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's what half of Rom 5 is about--Adam and Christ. The life of each is imputed with opposite results. It's time to get acquainted with the NT!

Rom 10:4. Christ fulfilled the law, so there would be righteousness for all who believe. He even did John's baptism so as to fulfill all righteousness.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

Thread Information