User Tag List

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1724252627

Thread: Did God Predestinate some to Hell/Wrath ?

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GregoryN View Post
    Been there, done that.
    And yet you quoted and claimed out of context anyway...

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    And yet you quoted and claimed out of context anyway...
    Define "out of context". Would you like me to quote the entire Bible, or would the book or chapter suffice? As if that would change anything i said. Nah.

Have you never quoted a single verse, or a few verses such as i have, in support of a position you think is "proven" by such quotes? Do you reserve such type of comments just for those whose theology you disagree with, or for everyone, including those who support the doctrine of endless tortures & very often quote a single verse in support of their position?

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GregoryN View Post
    Define "out of context". Would you like me to quote the entire Bible, or would the book or chapter suffice? As if that would change anything i said. Nah.

Have you never quoted a single verse, or a few verses such as i have, in support of a position you think is "proven" by such quotes? Do you reserve such type of comments just for those whose theology you disagree with, or for everyone, including those who support the doctrine of endless tortures & very often quote a single verse in support of their position?
    I want to know how Lamentations 3 teaches universalism.

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear Menno: If you really wanted to know anything beyond your cramped little world, the hunger of your heart could very well cause you to reach a new plateau!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FineLinen For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (August 9th, 2018)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "That any should suffer forever, lingering on in hopeless despair, and rolling amidst infinite torments without the possibility of alleviation and without end; that since God can save men and will save a part, he has not proposed to save all-these are real, not imaginary, difficulties. . . . My whole soul pants for light and relief on these questions. But I get neither; and in the distress and anguish of my own spirit, I confess that I see no light whatever. I see not one ray to disclose to me why sin came into the world; why the earth is strewn with the dying and the dead; and why man must suffer to all eternity. I have never seen a particle of light thrown on these subjects, that has given a moment's ease to my tortured mind . . . I confess, when I look on a world of sinners and sufferers- upon death-beds and grave-yards- upon the world of woe filled with hosts to suffer for ever: when I see my friends, my family, my people, my fellow citizens, when I look upon a whole race, all involved in this sin and danger- and when I see the great mass of them wholly unconcerned, and when I feel that God only can save them, and yet he does not do so, I am struck dumb. It is all dark, dark, dark to my soul, and I cannot disguise it." -- Albert Barnes

http://theologyonline.com/showthread...e-Lake-of-Fire

Practical Sermons Designed for Vacant Congregations and Families
    By Albert Barnes [p.123ff]
    https://books.google.ca/books?id=ANc...espair&f=false

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GregoryN For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (August 9th, 2018)

Thread Information