User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think its a deterent to drug use?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

6 40.00%
  • no, please state why in thread

9 60.00%
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Public shaming of drug addicts - Do you think its a deterant to drug use?

Thanks
    Thanked 18,458 Times in 11,626 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    i don't see much benefit to public shaming (regardless of what i may or may not have said before )

for many, the opinion of the public has no influence on their behavior

for some, the pile-on of disapproval (and abuse) can be devastating and may lead to suicide

i just don't see someone like the woman in your picture saying "oh hey - all these strangers on facebook think i'm a terrible person. I should clean up my act"
    Youve never been ashamed of something you were caught in the act doing and that shame kept you from repeating the behavior? I could have sworn that is one of the ways our conscience works, and conviction works, 12 step programs work, etc..

A lot of women like that one in the picture, wake up to what they are doing to their children and lends to the desire to walk in integrity for not just their sake but others.

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,352 Times in 3,269 Posts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    Youve never been ashamed of something you were caught in the act doing ....

of course, and it dint take being caught in the act - i know right and wrong, we all know right and wrong, it's written on our hearts

but i also know that those who are determined to follow a path they know is wrong aren't always (often?) deterred by the disapproval of others

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

for some, the pile-on of disapproval (and abuse) can be devastating and may lead to suicide

Then you are totally sensitive to not letting someone know their in sin, like a homosexual, because you dont want to be cause of them committing suicide, and would better let them believe their behavior is ok, even though their lifestyle is not only devestating for themselves but for others, right?

The lack of disapproval is why unrepentant sin runs rampant in society today.

Abuse is not what we are discussing.

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

of course, and it dint take being caught in the act - i know right and wrong, we all know right and wrong, it's written on our hearts

but i also know that those who are determined to follow a path they know is wrong aren't always (often?) deterred by the disapproval of others
    So you do not agree, conviction works and is a deterrent itself in many cases?

Is it true or false a sin can escalate to be deemed acceptable by society when it hasnt been deemed as inacceptable?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crucible View Post
    I don't like you because you are a manipulator who masquerades the subtle misandry you deny you have as mere criticism. As soon as criticism comes to women, you try to all of a sudden bring up platitudes and throw everyone into it. In the thread on consent, you and Tam's arguments backfired completely and that's exactly what you both resorted to.

You simply rely on foolish men to come to your aide, and wouldn't stand knee high to an ant without them in any subject pertaining to feminist ideology. If anyone cries like a baby, it's the infantilized women such as yourself who were the ones to get loud with me and gather the attention of your cronies in the first place.
    When did i ever lead you to believe that i cared what you think about me personally? You are who opened the door for me to correct you on why " i dont like you" when you stated it. Ive never asked for your opinion on me in any way.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Then you are totally sensitive to not letting someone know their in sin, like a homosexual, because you dont want to be cause of them committing suicide, and would better let them believe their behavior is ok, even though their lifestyle is not only devestating for themselves but for others, right?

we're discussing public shaming, which, afaik, occurs through digital media, facebook and twitter being the most obvious examples

and there's no apparent control of the abuse that inevitably occurs

if you were referring to some other form of public shaming, feel free to elucidate

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,325 Times in 1,093 Posts

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thread title reads:

Public shaming of drug addicts - Do you think its a deterant to drug use?

This thread has been debunked, and now you are just shifting the goalpost.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So you do not agree, conviction ...

are you talking about conviction in a court of law?

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i see a difference between disapproval and "public shaming"

Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,046 Times in 3,356 Posts

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't like you because you are a manipulator who masquerades the subtle misandry you deny you have as mere criticism. As soon as criticism comes to women, you try to all of a sudden bring up platitudes and throw everyone into it. In the thread on consent, you and Tam's arguments backfired completely and that's exactly what you both resorted to.

You simply rely on foolish men to come to your aide, and wouldn't stand knee high to an ant without them in any subject pertaining to feminist ideology. If anyone cries like a baby, it's the infantilized women such as yourself who were the ones to get loud with me and gather the attention of your cronies in the first place.
    Seriously, why don't you just copy 'n' paste this crap? You effectively post the same tedious, adolescent precocious "I hate women" yak droppings over and over anyway...

Get some help.
    Well this is fun isn't it?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (October 30th, 2016)

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,325 Times in 1,093 Posts

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Seriously, why don't you just copy 'n' paste this crap?
    When responding to the same bag of nonsense, that's actually a good idea. No point in shaving each blade of grass when you could just pull out the mower

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

we're discussing public shaming, which, afaik, occurs through digital media, facebook and twitter being the most obvious examples

and there's no apparent control of the abuse that inevitably occurs

if you were referring to some other form of public shaming, feel free to elucidate
    When did my thread change to abuse on social media? Because you are backed into a corner?

Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,046 Times in 3,356 Posts

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When responding to the same bag of nonsense, that's actually a good idea. No point in shaving each blade of grass when you could just pull out the mower
    Dude, not a good idea for you to go near near one, you'd likely mow your own legs off...
    Well this is fun isn't it?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (October 30th, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i see a difference between disapproval and "public shaming"
    Then perhaps you need to change how you talk to different people on here. Are you showing some people disaproval here, or trying to cause them to commit suicide since you believe public shaming to be abuse, perhaps you should get on your knees before God and sort it out.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Dude, not a good idea for you to go near near one, you'd likely mow your own legs off...

Thread Information