User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think its a deterent to drug use?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    5 35.71%
  • no, please state why in thread

    9 64.29%
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 485

Thread: Public shaming of drug addicts - Do you think its a deterant to drug use?

  1. #31
    I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere between heaven and hell
    Posts
    16,057
    Thanks
    22,104
    Thanked 16,278 Times in 10,323 Posts

    Blog Entries
    52
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147709
    Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    So decriminalize recreational drugs, which in turn will cause the amount of drug use and abuse to skyrocket, while using the proceeds taken in by the drug pushers (civil government) to get treatment for those drug addicts and educate them to the evils of drug use (and hence abuse).

    Were you by chance on drugs when you wrote that insane paragraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense View Post
    aCW pot is legal in several States...your premise is already proven incorrect
    you missed his point, and his point is true:

    Marijuana Use in America Has Doubled in the Past Decade, Study Says


    When you legalize drugs, its use skyrockets, which is turn causes a blight on society.
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

    "Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 27th, 2016)

  3. #32
    Veteran commonsense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ontario canada
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    351
    Thanked 101 Times in 76 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    54262
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    Take a look at the op again, and get back with me. I suppose in your world, murder isnt possible by people way too high to be driving a car or watching a child...
    Sigh, come on, I'm not defending anyone driving stoned or neglecting children because they're fried. I'm simply asserting that drug abuse, in and of itself, is a medical issue rather than a legal one.
    "Faith is something you believe that nobody in his right mind would believe." ~ Archie Bunker

    "Faith is believing something you know ain't true." ~ Mark Twain

  4. #33
    Veteran commonsense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ontario canada
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    351
    Thanked 101 Times in 76 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    54262
    When you legalize drugs, its use skyrockets, which is turn causes a blight on society.[/QUOTE]
    I'm not so sure....When you end prohibition and consumption is properly tracked, it's possible that you might see a blip.
    "Faith is something you believe that nobody in his right mind would believe." ~ Archie Bunker

    "Faith is believing something you know ain't true." ~ Mark Twain

  5. #34
    I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere between heaven and hell
    Posts
    16,057
    Thanks
    22,104
    Thanked 16,278 Times in 10,323 Posts

    Blog Entries
    52
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147709
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth
    When you legalize drugs, its use skyrockets, which is turn causes a blight on society.
    I'm not so sure....When you end prohibition and consumption is properly tracked, it's possible that you might see a blip.
    Ive already proven its true. It doesnt matter whether or not you are sure, again opium use was what began drug laws to begin with.

    Good luck also tracking someone who cant think straight because they are stoned. Are you high right now?
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

    "Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 27th, 2016)

  7. #35
    I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere between heaven and hell
    Posts
    16,057
    Thanks
    22,104
    Thanked 16,278 Times in 10,323 Posts

    Blog Entries
    52
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147709
    Drug Overdose Now Leading Cause of Injury-Related Deaths

    Drug overdose deaths continue to increase in the United States and are now the leading cause of deaths from injury in the United States, a new report shows.

    Every year, nearly 44,000 people die from drug overdoses. Deaths due to drug overdose have more than doubled in the past 14 years, and half of them are related to prescription drugs (22,000 per year), the report shows.

    During the past 4 years, the number of overdose deaths rose significantly in 26 states and Washington, DC, and decreased in only six states. In 36 states and Washington, DC, overdose deaths now exceed motor vehicle–related deaths....
    read more at link
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

    "Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 27th, 2016)

  9. #36
    LIFETIME MEMBER aCultureWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13,925
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1,104 Times in 952 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    585061
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense View Post
    ...When you end prohibition and consumption is properly tracked, it's possible that you might see a blip.
    Actually, Prohibition was a success:

    ...First, the regime created in 1919 by the 18th Amendment and the Volstead Act, which charged the Treasury Department with enforcement of the new restrictions, was far from all-embracing. The amendment prohibited the commercial manufacture and distribution of alcoholic beverages; it did not prohibit use, nor production for one's own consumption. Moreover, the provisions did not take effect until a year after passage -plenty of time for people to stockpile supplies.

    Second, alcohol consumption declined dramatically during Prohibition. Cirrhosis death rates for men were 29.5 per 100,000 in 1911 and 10.7 in 1929. Admissions to state mental hospitals for alcoholic psychosis declined from 10.1 per 100,000 in 1919 to 4.7 in 1928.

    Arrests for public drunkennness and disorderly conduct declined 50 percent between 1916 and 1922. For the population as a whole, the best estimates are that consumption of alcohol declined by 30 percent to 50 percent.

    Third, violent crime did not increase dramatically during Prohibition. Homicide rates rose dramatically from 1900 to 1910 but remained roughly constant during Prohibition's 14 year rule. Organized crime may have become more visible and lurid during Prohibition, but it existed before and after.

    Fourth, following the repeal of Prohibition, alcohol consumption increased. Today, alcohol is estimated to be the cause of more than 23,000 motor vehicle deaths and is implicated in more than half of the nation's 20,000 homicides. In contrast, drugs have not yet been persuasively linked to highway fatalities and are believed to account for 10 percent to 20 percent of homicides.

    Prohibition did not end alcohol use. What is remarkable, however, is that a relatively narrow political movement, relying on a relatively weak set of statutes, succeeded in reducing, by one-third, the consumption of a drug that had wide historical and popular sanction.

    This is not to say that society was wrong to repeal Prohibition. A democratic society may decide that recreational drinking is worth the price in traffic fatalities and other consequences. But the common claim that laws backed by morally motivated political movements cannot reduce drug use is wrong.
    http://www.nytimes.com/1989/10/16/op...a-success.html
    Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to aCultureWarrior For Your Post:

    Angel4Truth (September 10th, 2016)

  11. #37
    I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere between heaven and hell
    Posts
    16,057
    Thanks
    22,104
    Thanked 16,278 Times in 10,323 Posts

    Blog Entries
    52
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147709
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
    One coroner in PA wants to start calling drug related deaths, at least some of them, homicides.

    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/r...homicides.html

    Interesting idea but not without problems.

    Do you agree with it? What of doctors who know the risks of certain medications but dont really follow their patients enough to know how bad its gotten for them?
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

    "Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 27th, 2016)

  13. #38
    Veteran commonsense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ontario canada
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    351
    Thanked 101 Times in 76 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    54262
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    Ive already proven its true. It doesnt matter whether or not you are sure, again opium use was what began drug laws to begin with.

    Good luck also tracking someone who cant think straight because they are stoned. Are you high right now?
    Ouch...ad hominem just because I don't drink your cool-aid??
    "Faith is something you believe that nobody in his right mind would believe." ~ Archie Bunker

    "Faith is believing something you know ain't true." ~ Mark Twain

  14. #39
    I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere between heaven and hell
    Posts
    16,057
    Thanks
    22,104
    Thanked 16,278 Times in 10,323 Posts

    Blog Entries
    52
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147709
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense View Post
    Ouch...ad hominem just because I don't drink your cool-aid??
    How is asking if you are high and ad hominem? Its directly on topic.

    Here - ill go first -

    Am I high? No. Is it likely that i can injure myself or others because of drug use? No.

    Now you.
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

    "Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 27th, 2016)

  16. #40
    Veteran commonsense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ontario canada
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    351
    Thanked 101 Times in 76 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    54262
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    Ive already proven its true. It doesnt matter whether or not you are sure, again opium use was what began drug laws to begin with.

    Good luck also tracking someone who cant think straight because they are stoned. Are you high right now?
    Wow, are you some sort of Christian jihadist..?
    "Faith is something you believe that nobody in his right mind would believe." ~ Archie Bunker

    "Faith is believing something you know ain't true." ~ Mark Twain

  17. #41
    I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere between heaven and hell
    Posts
    16,057
    Thanks
    22,104
    Thanked 16,278 Times in 10,323 Posts

    Blog Entries
    52
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147709
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense View Post
    Wow, are you some sort of Christian jihadist..?
    Did you forget you already quoted me and responded? Again, are you high right now?
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

    "Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 27th, 2016)

  19. #42
    Veteran commonsense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ontario canada
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    351
    Thanked 101 Times in 76 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    54262
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    How is asking if you are high and ad hominem? Its directly on topic.

    Here - ill go first -

    Am I high? No. Is it likely that i can injure myself or others because of drug use? No.

    Now you.
    I have much respect for you A4T, however your assertion that you aren't high presently....well I don't have anything other than your profession. I certainly hope you're being more honest than Trump might be.
    "Faith is something you believe that nobody in his right mind would believe." ~ Archie Bunker

    "Faith is believing something you know ain't true." ~ Mark Twain

  20. #43
    Silver Member patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    23,980
    Thanks
    9,710
    Thanked 12,147 Times in 9,945 Posts

    Blog Entries
    11
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147753
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense View Post
    I certainly hope you're being more honest than Trump Hillary might be.
    Fixed that for ya
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:13, 14 -

    ********** DODGE IS A POOR LOST SOUL **********

  21. #44
    I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere between heaven and hell
    Posts
    16,057
    Thanks
    22,104
    Thanked 16,278 Times in 10,323 Posts

    Blog Entries
    52
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147709
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense View Post
    I have much respect for you A4T, however your assertion that you aren't high presently....well I don't have anything other than your profession. I certainly hope you're being more honest than Trump might be.
    Well since i don't get high and im not currently under a doctors care for injury, illness or surgery, and i disagree with legalizing poison, it would be a given that i am not high right now. As far as Trump goes, not sure what he has to do with the price of rice in China in this thread and im not a trump supporter if thats your guess also.
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

    "Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 27th, 2016)

  23. #45
    I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere between heaven and hell
    Posts
    16,057
    Thanks
    22,104
    Thanked 16,278 Times in 10,323 Posts

    Blog Entries
    52
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147709
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense View Post
    however your assertion that you aren't high presently....well I don't have anything other than your profession
    Exactly, you only have my word for it, so how would you be able to track it, just as i would only have your word on it, if you had answered the question, do you get the point of the question now in light of the discussion?
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

    "Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 27th, 2016)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us