Knight's Posts of the Year 2008

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Before we announce the top 10 posts of 2008 lets announce the winners for the WORST post(s) of the year. These posts get recognition so that the best posts of the year look that much better. :)

Just Tom

Before we announce the top 10 posts of 2008 lets announce the winners for the WORST post(s) of the year. These posts get recognition so that the best posts of the year look that much better. :)

Oh Please!!!! Pick ME Pick ME!!!!

I have had so many Neg Reps telling me as much.. :rotfl:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The worst post of 2008

We have seen this a lot over the years on TOL, when smart folks such as STP and Pettrix get so focused on a point of theology that they lose focus and let one aspect of their world-view cloud their vision to the extent that they end up making ridiculous statements about right and wrong. We saw this a couple years ago when Hilston claimed celebrating Christmas was "worse than abortion". It was nice to see Hilston retract that assertion this year.

This years, worst post(s) of the year go to....

1. STP and Pettrix/Maximus stoop to the lowest possible level.

The two small excerpts noted above were taken from a much more detailed thread and conversation here. STP and Pettrix were trying to argue that the only thing we as Christians should be doing in life is preaching the gospel even to the extent that neither one of them would admit (without equivocation) that we should help a lady being raped in a parking lot.

SaulToPaul 2

The worst post of 2008

We have seen this a lot over the years on TOL, when smart folks such as STP and Pettrix get so focused on a point of theology that they lose focus and let one aspect of their world-view cloud their vision to the extent that they end up making ridiculous statements about right and wrong. We saw this a couple years ago when Hilston claimed celebrating Christmas was "worse than abortion". It was nice to see Hilston retract that assertion this year.

This years, worst post(s) of the year go to....

1. STP and Pettrix/Maximus stoop to the lowest possible level.

The two small excerpts noted above were taken from a much more detailed thread and conversation here. STP and Pettrix were trying to argue that the only thing we as Christians should be doing in life is preaching the gospel even to the extent that neither one of them would admit (without equivocation) that we should help a lady being raped in a parking lot.

:e4e: I'll notify Pettrix...not sure how to reach Maximus.

I encourage everyone to read the entire threads for context & to see how that arguments based on scenarios designed to "stir the emotions" of the readers tend to trump sound doctrinal arguments... sadly.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Top 50 Posts of 2008: THE TOP 10!!!

At number 8....
8. The Graphite tells us about Satan

The Graphite has been around TOL for years under different usernames but this year was a strong year for this long time TOLer and he might be solidifying himself as one of the elite posters on TOL.