Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Christ's Color???

Thanks
    Thanked 18,617 Times in 10,439 Posts

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can you find the little man in th' picture?
    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (August 29th, 2016),musterion (August 28th, 2016),Tambora (August 27th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,277 Times in 7,897 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the third biggest water wheel I've ever seen.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

C. H. Mackintosh

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (August 29th, 2016),steko (August 28th, 2016),Tambora (August 28th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    That's the third biggest water wheel I've ever seen.
    It's not as big in diameter as the Laxey but because of the huge volume of water was much more powerful and is cited to be the most powerful overshot wheel in history. It powered the whole Burden Iron works in the 1800's.
    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (August 29th, 2016),musterion (August 29th, 2016),Tambora (August 28th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,277 Times in 7,897 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steko View Post
    It's not as big in diameter as the Laxey but because of the huge volume of water was much more powerful and is cited to be the most powerful overshot wheel in history. It powered the whole Burden Iron works in the 1800's.
    Sorry, I was making a Maxwell Smart joke there.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

C. H. Mackintosh

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (August 29th, 2016),Tambora (August 29th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sorry, I was making a Maxwell Smart joke there.
    Oh!!! Sorry about that!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to steko For Your Post:

Tambora (August 29th, 2016)

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsargue View Post
    Christ's Color???

All You White People who Are OR Are Not Christians, H-O-W are You White??
    A-L-L White Men A-R-E (( """"A-L-B-I-N-O-S"""" ))!!!! - What is an "ALBINO"???

What Color is The Heavenly BEINGS, White OR Black??

HEAVENLY WHITE I-S The "TRUTH"; Christ is the "White /// Truth", But Is that the Color WHITE?? -- ((((( N--O-O-O )))))!!!!!!!!

SO, What Color is Heaven AND The Heaven Saints??? ---- They Are ""Christ / Truth / God / Heaven""!!!!
    Tell Me NOW; - Are You White OR Black?????

NOW W-H-A-T?????

PAUL, DAVID -- 082516
    My question is, if Jesus is a different color than what you personally can imagine, will you have less acceptance of Him...?

Sent from my Z716BL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figured it was one of them big wheels at the county fair you go way up high in.
    Look at all y'all wich yer fancy book learn'n skills. Makes a true southerner proud..Lol .

Sent from my Z716BL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The races and their different skin tones began to develop after God scattered the people at the Tower of Babel, into the 70 different languages that became 70 different nations and ethnicities. Adam an Eve were more than likely brown coloured, just the same as the dirt from which Adam was made. Jesus looked like this:

The Real Face of Jesus From the Shroud of Turin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNJPJ4JwHeE

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 Corinthians 14/35

This is A ""Christian / Religious Program""!!!!!!!
    God has ""N-E-V-E-R"" Spoken to ANY Woman except to keep Silent and Obey MEN in the CHURCH. ((((( T-H-I-S IS A ""CHURCH"" )))))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A CHURCH IS A "G-R-O-U-P" Of Religious People and that is "ALL" It IS!!!!!!!!!

3/17/17

PAUL DAVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ---Gal. 4:16.
    ---"Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth"???

Thanks
    Thanked 26,437 Times in 17,753 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Letsargue View Post
    1 Corinthians 14/35

This is A ""Christian / Religious Program""!!!!!!!
    God has ""N-E-V-E-R"" Spoken to ANY Woman except to keep Silent and Obey MEN in the CHURCH. ((((( T-H-I-S IS A ""CHURCH"" )))))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A CHURCH IS A "G-R-O-U-P" Of Religious People and that is "ALL" It IS!!!!!!!!!

3/17/17

PAUL DAVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you crazy man.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Tambora (March 17th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    The races and their different skin tones began to develop after God scattered the people at the Tower of Babel, into the 70 different languages that became 70 different nations and ethnicities. Adam an Eve were more than likely brown coloured, just the same as the dirt from which Adam was made. Jesus looked like this:

The Real Face of Jesus From the Shroud of Turin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNJPJ4JwHeE
    Wow, he looks so surprisingly like a Hollywood Jesus. Of course, you have to start with the assumption that the shroud of Turin is real. And ignore how much interpretation might have gone into trying to extrapolate that out of the shroud.

A forensic anthropolgist created this image of what a typical Galilean man would have looked like when Jesus was ministering.

https://goo.gl/images/vsEPAB

In Isaiah 53 the prophet predicted the Messiah wouldn't be attractive to the eye, but since what we find attractive changes a lot with culture and time, it's hard to know what that would actually mean.

But, yeah, as to actual color, His skin would have been a shade common for a descendant of Judah in Palestine. Dark, but not what we call "black".
    Maranatha!

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidK View Post
    Wow, he looks so surprisingly like a Hollywood Jesus. Of course, you have to start with the assumption that the shroud of Turin is real. And ignore how much interpretation might have gone into trying to extrapolate that out of the shroud.

A forensic anthropolgist created this image of what a typical Galilean man would have looked like when Jesus was ministering.

https://goo.gl/images/vsEPAB

In Isaiah 53 the prophet predicted the Messiah wouldn't be attractive to the eye, but since what we find attractive changes a lot with culture and time, it's hard to know what that would actually mean.

But, yeah, as to actual color, His skin would have been a shade common for a descendant of Judah in Palestine. Dark, but not what we call "black".
    It's not an assumption, please watch this to understand why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4c4812XA9A

Also that image was created by Computer graphics artist Ray Downing by using information embedded in the shroud, please watch rather than making assumptions, it is well worth it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNJPJ4JwHeE

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,671 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Exclamation Second Commandment

If we naturally form mental images of contemplated objects then it follows that we naturally form mental images of God Himself. Yet God expressly forbids making images of Him. The argument from natural imagination must be false. Even if it were proved that this was natural to men it would not justify the practice of making pictures of Christ. We have been given the ability to think through the nature and consequences of our actions; and believers have the grace of sanctification to enable them to depart from evil and to do good.

The apostles saw and knew the physical, visible image of Christ, but they never passed on any particular, visual description of it. They have taught us to know Christ by faith, not by sight. They have expressly taught that our faith in Christ and love to Him are not conditional on seeing Him, but are entirely dependent on the acceptance and consideration of Him as He has revealed Himself in His names, attributes, offices, works, words, and benefits.

Finally, we have a visible sign of Christ which has been given to assist faith in our sensory condition. It is called the Lord's supper; and a part of the exercise of communion at the Lord's supper is stirring up faith to spiritually feed upon Jesus. The practice of drawing sensory images of Christ and of contemplating Christ in them is counter-productive to the process of strengthening faith by means of the sacrament. Such a practice sets itself up in direct competition with the institution and ordinance of God, and is accurately called will-worship.

If any are tempted to think this is a light and trivial matter, please think again in the light of God's holy word. The Word calls us to separate from idolatry because idolatry corrupts our spiritual communion with God and defiles both flesh and spirit.

AMR
    WARNING: Embedded link content that may be in my post above or the many embedded links my sig below are not for the faint of heart.

Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ask Mr. Religion For Your Post:

DavidK (April 18th, 2017),ok doser (April 17th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    Finally, we have a visible sign of Christ which has been given to assist faith in our sensory condition. It is called the Lord's supper; and a part of the exercise of communion at the Lord's supper is stirring up faith to spiritually feed upon Jesus. The practice of drawing sensory images of Christ and of contemplating Christ in them is counter-productive to the process of strengthening faith by means of the sacrament. Such a practice sets itself up in direct competition with the institution and ordinance of God, and is accurately called will-worship.
    My family started celebrating the Passover meal several years ago, and it has been a huge blessing in contemplating our Savior and what He has done for us. What communion has become in many Christian congregations is so stripped of a lot of the richness and joy that should be in the breaking of the bread and drinking of the cup.
    Maranatha!

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,345 Times in 3,267 Posts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steko View Post
    Can you find the little man in th' picture?
    still looking

he's wearing a red and white striped sweater, right?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

steko (April 18th, 2017)

Thread Information