User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are There Saints In Heaven?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    16 64.00%
  • NO

    9 36.00%
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 304

Thread: Are there Saints In Heaven? Poll Question

  1. #241
    All I want is God's Truth God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    25,880
    Thanks
    1,717
    Thanked 1,812 Times in 1,651 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    140517
    Quote Originally Posted by High Cherub IX View Post
    That's a very powerful passage- it's a rare instance in which the saint is literally defined and illustrated

    God bless, GD. I always liked you
    #Sum1sGruj #Crucible #High Cherub
    Is that you Crucible? I always liked you to even though we have some different beliefs.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

    High Cherub IX (July 15th, 2017)

  3. #242
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,324
    Thanks
    1,298
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 1,000 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    295705
    "Enoch lived sixty-five years and begot Methuselah. After he begot Methuselah, Enoch walked with God three hundred years and had sons and daughters. So all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty-five years." (Genesis 5:21-23)

  4. #243
    Over 2000 post club Rosenritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,434
    Thanks
    431
    Thanked 833 Times in 655 Posts

    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    154060
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I appreciate all the words that you post, but I never understand your beliefs. Do you believe there are saints in heaven now? Do you believe in the doctrine of the trinity? Do you believe that Jesus Christ is God?
    1. Do I believe there are saints in heaven now? No. Hebrews 11:13, KJV "These all died in faith, not having received the promises..." Do I believe in the resurrection at Christ's coming and his kingdom? Yes. 1 Corinthians 15:52 "...for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

    2. Do I believe in the doctrine of the Trinity? Officially no. I don't say I believe in something that requires me to ask what a person means when they use the term (Romans 14;23, "...whatsoever is not of faith is sin.") Although there are some people who explain "Trinity" in terms that seem acceptable and compatible with scripture, in my experience the people that demand rote allegiance to "Trinity" as a "heretic test" don't bat an eye when it's explained in terms identical to polytheism. If you wanted to ask me about specific statements that you consider "Trinity" I can answer those happily. But otherwise, my default answer is "no."

    3. Do I believe that Jesus Christ is God? Yes. In the strongest and highest meaning of the word, without equivocation or reservation, as Lord and Creator and LORD and besides him there is no God. Colossians 2:9 KJV (9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. I'm quite vocal in this regard.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosenritter For Your Post:

    patrick jane (July 15th, 2017)

  6. #244
    Over 2000 post club Rosenritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,434
    Thanks
    431
    Thanked 833 Times in 655 Posts

    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    154060
    Quote Originally Posted by High Cherub IX View Post
    Enoch should have never been mentioned in the Scriptures.

    He gave birth to too much heresy.
    But, maybe that was the point
    I doubt that Enoch authored the "Book of Enoch." For example, the sixth and seventh books of Moses are manuals of witchcraft. Just because someone puts someone else's name on something doesn't necessarily mean they wrote it.

  7. #245
    Over 2000 post club Rosenritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,434
    Thanks
    431
    Thanked 833 Times in 655 Posts

    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    154060
    Quote Originally Posted by High Cherub IX View Post
    And only accepted by Ethiopians and likely a few stray communions.

    Whatever happened with Enoch is interesting to wonder about, but nobody really knows why it happened. It is a hidden history
    Genesis 5:23-24 KJV
    (23) And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:
    (24) And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

    Hebrews 11:5 KJV
    (5) By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

    Hebrews 11:13 KJV
    (13) These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

    As I understand these together, Enoch lived three hundred and sixty five years before God took him. Whether God took him so that he would not see death (his own premature death) or the death of others (mankind murdering each other, or being wiped out by the judgment of God) is hard to say, but either might be compatible with the statement in Hebrews that Enoch was also among those who "died in faith." As to where God took him, we know it was "someplace else" where "others couldn't find him" but past that it's speculation.

    There's not much given for us to be dogmatic about the details here.

  8. #246
    Over 2000 post club Rosenritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,434
    Thanks
    431
    Thanked 833 Times in 655 Posts

    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    154060
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Agreed.

    Where were Moses and Elijah hanging out while Jesus walked the earth?
    They were seen by disciples speaking with Jesus. Matthew 17:3
    I would assume that Moses and Elijah were dead while Jesus walked the earth. I suppose that they could have been raised before this time but to me that seems less likely than Christ's explanation that what they saw on the Mount of Transfiguration was a vision.

    Matthew 17:9 KJV
    (9) And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.


    Hypothetically, if Moses and Elijah had been walking side by side through the streets of Jerusalem, how would anyone have recognized them? You might recognize Abraham Lincoln or George Washington because their faces show on money, but the Jews didn't keep pictures of people at all. With that in mind, look at the verses that come next:

    Matthew 17:10-12 KJV
    (10) And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
    (11) And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
    (12) But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.


    If they had seen the literal manifestation of Elijah, why are they asking about Elijah like this now? The Elijah that Jesus talks of when he explains to them shows that it was intended to be understood in a symbolic context.

    Matthew 17:13 KJV
    (13) Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

    The context (and Christ's explanation) does point towards this being a symbolic vision, rather than a literal appearance of specific persons. Thus my assumption that Moses and Elijah remained dead and buried during this time, rather than being specifically raised for a cameo appearance.

  9. #247
    Over 1000 post club way 2 go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,447
    Thanks
    596
    Thanked 421 Times in 265 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    250518
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosenritter View Post
    where ever it was, he eventually died, because Paul says that Enoch died, not having received the promises.







    Heb_11:5 By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death

  10. #248
    Over 2000 post club Rosenritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,434
    Thanks
    431
    Thanked 833 Times in 655 Posts

    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    154060
    Quote Originally Posted by way 2 go View Post
    Heb_11:5 By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death
    Did you keep reading, Way 2 Go? What does the word "all" mean to you?

    Hebrews 11:4-13 KJV
    (4) By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
    (5) By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
    (6) But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
    (7) By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
    (8) By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
    (9) By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
    (10) For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
    (11) Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
    (12) Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
    (13) These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

    Last I checked, "all" included the people who were specifically named in the foregoing list. Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, and Sara are all named as "these all died in faith, not having received the promises." Of all the people he could have named, seeing as Paul specifically named these five people, I'm inclined to think he knew what he was talking about.

    To clarify, Mr. Go, Are you disputing the inspiration of verse 13, or challenging the definition of the word "all?" Just needed someplace to try out your new Star Wars meme? Or was that just simple trolling?

    Spoiler
    Yes, I know it's Star Trek.

  11. #249
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Carmarthenshire
    Posts
    6,119
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked 598 Times in 534 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    135143
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Upon death the soul is dead, the body deteriorates, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

    God stores the spirit so it can be placed into a new body when the time comes.
    "And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of Elohim, and for the testimony which they held".

    Every time you post you show your blind ignorance.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

    "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

    I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

    Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

    I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

  12. #250
    LIFETIME MEMBER
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,601
    Thanks
    418
    Thanked 777 Times in 646 Posts

    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    117262
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Speaking of Enoch....


    Heb. 11:13 "These all died in faith",
    Elijah did not die in the normal sense neither will those who are translated without dying at the coming of Christ, but in sense every man will die from this body and life to the next.
    My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

  13. #251
    All I want is God's Truth God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    25,880
    Thanks
    1,717
    Thanked 1,812 Times in 1,651 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    140517
    Quote Originally Posted by way 2 go View Post



    Heb_11:5 By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death
    That was about not seeing death in his physical body; he was taken up in his spirit without experiencing death of his body. That does not mean his body went to heaven.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  14. #252
    All I want is God's Truth God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    25,880
    Thanks
    1,717
    Thanked 1,812 Times in 1,651 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    140517
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
    Elijah did not die in the normal sense neither will those who are translated without dying at the coming of Christ, but in sense every man will die from this body and life to the next.
    You are a soul sleep believer, a doctrine of death.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

    steko (July 16th, 2017)

  16. #253
    All I want is God's Truth God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    25,880
    Thanks
    1,717
    Thanked 1,812 Times in 1,651 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    140517
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosenritter View Post
    Did you keep reading, Way 2 Go? What does the word "all" mean to you?

    Hebrews 11:4-13 KJV
    (4) By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
    (5) By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
    (6) But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
    (7) By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
    (8) By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
    (9) By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
    (10) For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
    (11) Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
    (12) Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
    (13) These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

    Last I checked, "all" included the people who were specifically named in the foregoing list. Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, and Sara are all named as "these all died in faith, not having received the promises." Of all the people he could have named, seeing as Paul specifically named these five people, I'm inclined to think he knew what he was talking about.

    To clarify, Mr. Go, Are you disputing the inspiration of verse 13, or challenging the definition of the word "all?" Just needed someplace to try out your new Star Wars meme? Or was that just simple trolling?

    Spoiler
    Yes, I know it's Star Trek.
    They hadn't received the promise while they lived in their body.

    However, they did see the promise while they lived by their own spirit.

    Hebrews 21:12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,

    Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  17. #254
    All I want is God's Truth God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    25,880
    Thanks
    1,717
    Thanked 1,812 Times in 1,651 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    140517
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosenritter View Post
    Did you keep reading, Way 2 Go? What does the word "all" mean to you?

    Hebrews 11:4-13 KJV
    (4) By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
    (5) By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
    (6) But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
    (7) By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
    (8) By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
    (9) By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
    (10) For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
    (11) Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
    (12) Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
    (13) These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

    Last I checked, "all" included the people who were specifically named in the foregoing list. Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, and Sara are all named as "these all died in faith, not having received the promises." Of all the people he could have named, seeing as Paul specifically named these five people, I'm inclined to think he knew what he was talking about.

    To clarify, Mr. Go, Are you disputing the inspiration of verse 13, or challenging the definition of the word "all?" Just needed someplace to try out your new Star Wars meme? Or was that just simple trolling?

    Spoiler
    Yes, I know it's Star Trek.
    You do not even recognize those scripture above show that those righteous lived on in their spirits.

    Abel though dead STILL SPEAKS.
    Enoch taken up.
    Abraham seeing Jesus' day and was glad.
    The spirits who disobeyed in the time of Noah living in prison/hell, and being preached the gospel too so that in their spirit they can obey God.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  18. #255
    All I want is God's Truth God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    25,880
    Thanks
    1,717
    Thanked 1,812 Times in 1,651 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    140517
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosenritter View Post
    I would assume that Moses and Elijah were dead while Jesus walked the earth. I suppose that they could have been raised before this time but to me that seems less likely than Christ's explanation that what they saw on the Mount of Transfiguration was a vision.

    Matthew 17:9 KJV
    (9) And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.


    Hypothetically, if Moses and Elijah had been walking side by side through the streets of Jerusalem, how would anyone have recognized them? You might recognize Abraham Lincoln or George Washington because their faces show on money, but the Jews didn't keep pictures of people at all. With that in mind, look at the verses that come next:

    Matthew 17:10-12 KJV
    (10) And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
    (11) And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
    (12) But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.


    If they had seen the literal manifestation of Elijah, why are they asking about Elijah like this now? The Elijah that Jesus talks of when he explains to them shows that it was intended to be understood in a symbolic context.

    Matthew 17:13 KJV
    (13) Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

    The context (and Christ's explanation) does point towards this being a symbolic vision, rather than a literal appearance of specific persons. Thus my assumption that Moses and Elijah remained dead and buried during this time, rather than being specifically raised for a cameo appearance.
    Are you accusing Jesus of giving some false vision? The vision was not false. That passage proves our spirits live on after the death of our bodies.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us