User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are There Saints In Heaven?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

18 66.67%
  • NO

9 33.33%
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2532333435

Thread: Are there Saints In Heaven? Poll Question

LIFETIME MEMBER
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenritter View Post
    Ah Jamie, but before this, Jesus said that he would raise himself from the dead.

John 2:18-21 KJV
    (18) Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
    (19) Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
    (20) Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
    (21) But he spake of the temple of his body.

Jesus didn't say someone else would raise him up, but that he would raise it up. The passage in Romans that you provided talks of the Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead. Acts 2:32 and 3:15 says that God raised Jesus from the dead. Rather than pick and choose which one we like or dislike, I am inclined to understand that these statements are all correct and intersect. Jesus raised himself, God raised Jesus, same thing.
    God spoke often through Jesus,

not that Jesus was God.

Joh 12:44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
    Joh 12:45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
    Joh 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
    Joh 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
    Joh 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
    Joh 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
    Joh 12:50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.
    My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

All I want is God's Truth God's Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,832 Times in 1,666 Posts

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    All those scriptures are about the physical body and not about the spirit.

Please find time to reply to the scriptures I gave about the spirit.

I will show you again.

The scripture about a cloud of witness and the witnesses are those who have died. If they are witnesses then they are conscious.

The scripture about the spirits in prison/hell. If Jesus is preaching to the spirits then they are conscious.

See Hebrews 11 and 12.

See also 1 Peter 3:19.
    Popsthebuilder, you still have not addressed these scriptures you kept asking me for.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

Thanks

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
    God spoke often through Jesus,

not that Jesus was God.

Joh 12:44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
    Joh 12:45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
    Joh 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
    Joh 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
    Joh 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
    Joh 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
    Joh 12:50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.
    Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Son of Man.

You believe a mere man became God.

Men cannot become God, but God can do anything that He wants and He chose to come as a Man.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,131 Times in 1,006 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Son of Man.
    And was made a little lower than the angels. (Hebrews 2:9)

The Most High lower than the angels?

Does not compute. How foolish.

Thanks

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    And was made a little lower than the angels. (Hebrews 2:9)

The Most High lower than the angels?

Does not compute. How foolish.
    God the Father lived in unapproachable light in heaven and He also at the same time came as a Man in flesh. Don't you think men in the flesh are lower than angels?

Thread Information