Thanks
    Thanked 2,736 Times in 2,513 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mad Scientists

[In Search For Cures, Scientists Create Embryos That Are Both Animal And Human by Rob Stein] "A handful of scientists around the United States are trying to do something that some people find disturbing: make embryos that are part human, part animal.

The researchers hope these embryos, known as chimeras, could eventually help save the lives of people with a wide range of diseases.

One way would be to use chimera embryos to create better animal models to study how human diseases happen and how they progress.

Perhaps the boldest hope is to create farm animals that have human organs that could be transplanted into terminally ill patients.

But some scientists and bioethicists worry the creation of these interspecies embryos crosses the line. "You're getting into unsettling ground that I think is damaging to our sense of humanity," says Stuart Newman, a professor of cell biology and anatomy at the New York Medical College.

The experiments are so sensitive that the National Institutes of Health has imposed a moratorium on funding them while officials explore the ethical issues they raise.

Nevertheless, a small number of researchers are pursuing the work with alternative funding. They hope the results will persuade the NIH to lift the moratorium.

"We're not trying to make a chimera just because we want to see some kind of monstrous creature," says Pablo Ross, a reproductive biologist at the University of California, Davis. "We're doing this for a biomedical purpose."

The NIH is expected to announce soon how it plans to handle requests for funding.

Recently, Ross agreed to let me visit his lab for an unusual look at his research. During the visit, Ross demonstrated how he is trying to create a pancreas that theoretically could be transplanted into a patient with diabetes.

The first step involves using new gene-editing techniques to remove the gene that pig embryos need to make a pancreas.

Working under an elaborate microscope, Ross makes a small hole in the embryo's outer membrane with a laser. Next, he injects a molecule synthesized in the laboratory to home in and delete the pancreas gene inside. (In separate experiments, he has done this to sheep embryos, too.)

After the embryos have had their DNA edited this way, Ross creates another hole in the membrane so he can inject human induced pluripotent stem cells, or iPS for short, into the pig embryos..." Full text: In Search For Cures, Scientists Create Embryos That Are Both Animal And Human Ge 10:8, Da 2:43, 1 Chron 1:10, 2 Thess 2:9, 11, Lk 11:24

Related:

Believe the Lie
    Taking the Mark of the Beast
    Nephilim
    Last edited by serpentdove; February 9th, 2017 at 11:32 AM.

What's new?
    PlastikBuddah [aka Gamera] make-believer. Kmoney [aka Count Iblis] make-believer. Alate_One deceives students in the classroom. Arthur Brain wants answers. Eph 5:11

"Being a square keeps you from going around in circles." ~ J Vernon McGee Ro 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to serpentdove For Your Post:

theophilus (May 19th, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by serpentdove; May 26th, 2016 at 11:02 AM.

What's new?
    PlastikBuddah [aka Gamera] make-believer. Kmoney [aka Count Iblis] make-believer. Alate_One deceives students in the classroom. Arthur Brain wants answers. Eph 5:11

"Being a square keeps you from going around in circles." ~ J Vernon McGee Ro 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to serpentdove For Your Post:

theophilus (May 27th, 2016)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,381 Times in 2,598 Posts

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    sounds like my mother-in-law

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

patrick jane (June 10th, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    sounds like my mother-in-law
    Is she a mad cow?

What's new?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to serpentdove For Your Post:

theophilus (May 27th, 2016)

Gold level Subscriber theophilus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,780 Times in 5,492 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by serpentdove View Post
    [In Search For Cures, Scientists Create Embryos That Are Both Animal And Human by Rob Stein] "A handful of scientists around the United States are trying to do something that some people find disturbing: make embryos that are part human, part animal.

The researchers hope these embryos, known as chimeras, could eventually help save the lives of people with a wide range of diseases.

One way would be to use chimera embryos to create better animal models to study how human diseases happen and how they progress.

Perhaps the boldest hope is to create farm animals that have human organs that could be transplanted into terminally ill patients.

But some scientists and bioethicists worry the creation of these interspecies embryos crosses the line. "You're getting into unsettling ground that I think is damaging to our sense of humanity," says Stuart Newman, a professor of cell biology and anatomy at the New York Medical College.

The experiments are so sensitive that the National Institutes of Health has imposed a moratorium on funding them while officials explore the ethical issues they raise.

Nevertheless, a small number of researchers are pursuing the work with alternative funding. They hope the results will persuade the NIH to lift the moratorium.

"We're not trying to make a chimera just because we want to see some kind of monstrous creature," says Pablo Ross, a reproductive biologist at the University of California, Davis. "We're doing this for a biomedical purpose."

The NIH is expected to announce soon how it plans to handle requests for funding.

Recently, Ross agreed to let me visit his lab for an unusual look at his research. During the visit, Ross demonstrated how he is trying to create a pancreas that theoretically could be transplanted into a patient with diabetes.

The first step involves using new gene-editing techniques to remove the gene that pig embryos need to make a pancreas.

Working under an elaborate microscope, Ross makes a small hole in the embryo's outer membrane with a laser. Next, he injects a molecule synthesized in the laboratory to home in and delete the pancreas gene inside. (In separate experiments, he has done this to sheep embryos, too.)

After the embryos have had their DNA edited this way, Ross creates another hole in the membrane so he can inject human induced pluripotent stem cells, or iPS for short, into the pig embryos..." Full text: In Search For Cures, Scientists Create Embryos That Are Both Animal And Human Ge 10:8, 1 Chron 1:10, 2 Thess 2:9, 11
    For "whatever" reasoning this is way beyond WRONG. It amounts to bastardizing creation proper.
    Do you not realize, O soul, that your every breath, every heartbeat, every thought, word, deed and motive are lived every second of every day before the very Face of God?

*Right now counts forever!

Romans 14:12
    Matt. 12:36-37

Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi!

"And I'll be gone to heaven in a flash of fire with or without you." ~Hoyt Axton

- Psalmist
    - Desert Reign

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theophilus For Your Post:

LoneStar (May 29th, 2016),Tambora (July 16th, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by serpentdove; June 7th, 2016 at 07:35 AM.

What's new?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Humans are animals.

Having said that, this is weird and I don't like it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TheologyOnline mobile app
    Having the right to do something does not automatically make it the right thing to do.

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.~Founding Father Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814,

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's new?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagster01 View Post
    Humans are animals.
    Speak for yourself (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10).
    Having said that, this is weird and I don't like it.
    Would you take the mark of the beast if it would make you super human (physically not spiritually )?
    Last edited by serpentdove; June 10th, 2016 at 05:14 PM.

What's new?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to serpentdove For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (December 9th, 2016),patrick jane (June 10th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,928 Times in 9,778 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think it's the next big thing. Replacement parts for humans, purchase online
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:13, 14 -

17. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

Mark M (June 11th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I think it's the next big thing. Replacement parts for humans, purchase online
    Working at a hospital I see a lot of mechanical heart valves and stuff come through. We do all our purchasing online, so to speak.
    Having the right to do something does not automatically make it the right thing to do.

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.~Founding Father Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814,

19. The Following User Says Thank You to shagster01 For Your Post:

Mark M (July 12th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serpentdove View Post
    Speak for yourself (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10).
    I am including myself in the phrase "human."

Would you take the mark of the beast if it would make you super human (physically not spiritually)?
    You mean like going down to the crossroads or challenging the Devil to a fiddle-off in Georgia?

We are all already superhuman. Most of us just don't know it or know how to use it yet.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to shagster01 For Your Post:

Mark M (July 12th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,134 Times in 1,295 Posts

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this is weird and I don't like it.
    There you go embracing your image of God... I pray you realize what you are saying
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Lon For Your Post:

Mark M (July 12th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    There you go embracing your image of God... I pray you realize what you are saying
    What?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to shagster01 For Your Post:

Mark M (July 12th, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am including myself in the phrase "human."...
    For now.

[Satan messing with DNA, God's creation ] We are all already superhuman. Most of us just don't know it or know how to use it yet.
    You will become like God. Ge 3:5, Zech 4:7, 1 Jn 2:16, Re 14:9-10

When the aliens land and Rome welcomes them, will you believe them when they say they have a better gospel? 2 Thess 2:9, 11

See:

I Want to Believe
    Last edited by serpentdove; June 11th, 2016 at 11:01 AM.

What's new?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to serpentdove For Your Post:

Mark M (July 12th, 2016)

Thread Information