User Tag List

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: The fossil record shows there never was evolution.

Thanks

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    That depends on how you expect the landscape to change during the catastrophic deluge and whether you expect any additional changes to happen throughout the millennium following the deluge.
    A single catastrophic world wide flood would leave a single layer of graded material, not layers.

Well, that is the argument anyway.

Thanks

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6days View Post
    Thats essentially what I said....they compromised on scripture. Too bad they didn't trust scripture and notice how it is supported by geological evidence , as some modern geologists note.

Re. .your comment about ' painful to ditch beliefs'...Dr Emil Silvestru, PhD geology with 48 peer reviewed articles and former head scientist of the worlds first Speleological Institute. He speaks of how painful it was for him to realize the evidence did not fit with his belief in millions of years that he had always taught and believed in
    Interesting.

Thanks

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If interested there are other examples of scientists who were atheists, admitting how painful it was realizing the evidence did not support their belief system.
    Yes please.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 2,736 Posts

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Fly View Post
    And as we've seen, the one you like to quote the most (Gould) says transitional fossils are abundant and anyone who tries to quote him as saying otherwise is either stupid or a liar.
    Really? I thought he died in 2002

Nice quote mine. It's fascinating how some folks claiming to be on the side of God are so consistently dishonest.
    Er, reading some of his critique, I think a bit of it 'stretching.' I suppose you want to believe just as badly as some of the 'dishonest folks on God's side.'
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Thanks

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Imho, plate tectonics ensure all bets are off. Pangea, no matter when it happened, ensures a global flood is likely.
    ?

I was talking to an astronomer several days ago and he said the earth has been through several ice ages and concurrent global warmings that fairly necessitate a global impact by floods. Another TOLer speculated that 'whole world' meant 'whole known world' by Moses. Because we are dealing with speculation, both scientific and theological upon our understandings of given data, I try to read my Bible more and I hope science, as well, is not stagnant, but looking over its data. I do think as humans, we often follow crowds. I don't know what it is in us, but we certainly are a social people. -Lon
    The Noachian flood would only make sense if it was world-wide. The boat was huge - about 1 1/2 times the length of a football pitch...sorry, soccer pitch

Thanks

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how about we approach this issue of the existence vs. non-existence of transitional fossils this way....

Can any creationist here define the term "transitional fossil"?
    If A evolved into Z, then B-Y might represent examples of the stages in between, I guess.

Would you present to this thread what you consider to be a transitional fossil, please?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 2,736 Posts

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnet View Post
    ?
    Plate tectonics generally disrupt all layers, with even shells on top of mountain peaks. Most place the break up of Pangea outside of the existence of man, I'm not sure we have it all right simply because 'man' is also one of the animals found on all continents, with diversity among us. I 'think' a global grasp of science sometimes is better when asking larger questions, than a single path of science study (myopic). I am not a science major, however. I just listen when others are discussing and arguing these matters and as it pertains to my faith. I know a good many scientist majors who are also Christians and believe, in this instance and case, that there was a Noahic flood.

The Noachian flood would only make sense if it was world-wide. The boat was huge - about 1 1/2 times the length of a football pitch...sorry, soccer pitch
    There are a lot of good points regarding such. I tend to simply believe what I read in the Bible but try to approach another's concern with possibility. Either I or he(she) has to deal with deductions from our collective data in such a discussion. I don't think we question what God says, we question our assumption based on what He says, rather. In science too, we don't question data persay, but what we extrapolate from that data. -Lon
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Thanks

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Plate tectonics generally disrupt all layers, with even shells on top of mountain peaks. Most place the break up of Pangea outside of the existence of man, I'm not sure we have it all right simply because 'man' is also one of the animals found on all continents, with diversity among us. I 'think' a global grasp of science sometimes is better when asking larger questions, than a single path of science study (myopic). I am not a science major, however. I just listen when others are discussing and arguing these matters and as it pertains to my faith. I know a good many scientist majors who are also Christians and believe, in this instance and case, that there was a Noahic flood.

There are a lot of good points regarding such. I tend to simply believe what I read in the Bible but try to approach another's concern with possibility. Either I or he(she) has to deal with deductions from our collective data in such a discussion. I don't think we question what God says, we question our assumption based on what He says, rather. In science too, we don't question data persay, but what we extrapolate from that data. -Lon
    What about the Siccar Point formation? - horizontal layers upon vertical layers. Hutton used it to prove the immensity of time.

The Noachian flood would be one layer of graded material - and not millions of years ago.
    Last edited by Sonnet; April 28th, 2016 at 01:33 AM.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elia View Post
    Bs"d

If evolution was a fact, than the fossil record should show a myriad of species slowly changing into another.

And the fact of the matter is that there is not even one of those:
    The fact is that evolution is not driven by a need to evolve or adapt, it is driven to evolve and adapt by the environment and by natural selection. If the environment remains unchanged then life soon settles down into a kind of balance where further adaption presents no advantage. Life can adapt quickly initially but also remain static while the environment does not change. Regular fossils are typically rare snapshots but fossils of life from when the environment was under change would be even rarer.

Thanks

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alwight View Post
    The fact is that evolution is not driven by a need to evolve or adapt, it is driven to evolve and adapt by the environment and by natural selection. If the environment remains unchanged then life soon settles down into a kind of balance where further adaption presents no advantage. Life can adapt quickly initially but also remain static while the environment does not change. Regular fossils are typically rare snapshots but fossils of life from when the environment was under change would be even rarer.
    That sounds like faith.

There is currently no understanding of abiogenesis, so, de facto, Darwinism is faith based.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like faith.

There is currently no understanding of abiogenesis, so, de facto, Darwinism is faith based.
    Abiogenesis is not a part of Darwinian evolution.
    The geological column contains strata indicating periods of relatively rapid change and long static periods, the fact that evolution reflects that in PE, is no great surprise to me.

Thanks

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abiogenesis is not a part of Darwinian evolution.
    In a letter sent in 1871 to his friend, the English botanist and explorer Joseph D. Hooker, Charles Darwin imagines a small, warm pool where the inanimate matter would arrange itself into evolutionary matter, aided by chemical components and sufficient sources of energy.

The geological column contains strata indicating periods of relatively rapid change and long static periods, the fact that evolution reflects that in PE, is no great surprise to me.
    Ok.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You first need to find one.
    You are a transitional form.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, but what is your response to the claim that the rock layers do not evidence a single catastrophic flood.
    Bs"d

My response is that that claim is nonsense.

The book "Earth in Upheaval" shows very much and very strong proof for a world wide flood.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/21746106/...th-in-Upheaval
    Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are a transitional form.
    Bs"d

And pigs can fly.
    Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.

Thread Information