User Tag List

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: The fossil record shows there never was evolution.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,076 Times in 2,426 Posts

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCaleb
    The Bible is not a book of Science.
    The Bible is also not a psycholgy book, nor a history book. However when God's Word touches on areas of science, psychology, history etc.....We accept that as inerrant truth.

It tells is why, but doesnt explain 'how'
    It does explain 'how'... or as much of the 'how' as we need to know. His Word tells us He spoke things into existence over the course of six days. His Word tell us He formed Eve from Adam's rib....etc

... the overall message and theme of the scriptures which is the vindication of Gods name and his reestablishment as the sole universal soverign.
    Now that isn't scriptural is it? In fact it is heretical, although perhaps you just worded it poorly. God has always been the Soveriegn Ruler. He does not need to be reestablished
    Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 6days For Your Post:

Tambora (May 10th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder who S.J. Gould was referring to when he said this?

Since we proposed punctuated equilibria to explain trends, it is infuriating to be quoted again and again by creationists—whether through design or stupidity, I do not know—as admitting that the fossil record includes no transitional forms. Transitional forms are generally lacking at the species level, but they are abundant between larger groups.
    "The way to deal with superstition is not to be polite to it, but to tackle it with all arms, and so rout it, cripple it, and make it forever infamous and ridiculous." --H.L. Mencken

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6days View Post

Now that isn't scriptural is it? In fact it is heretical, although perhaps you just worded it poorly. God has always been the Soveriegn Ruler. He does not need to be reestablished
    Really....and yet Satan raised the issue of Universal Sovereignty in Eden which caused Adam and Eve to sin. If Jehovah God was recognized by ALL creation as THE Universal Sovereign then John 5:19 would have had no reason to say "but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one".

Matthew 4:8-9 "Again the Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.  And he said to him: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me".

Luke 4:6 "Then the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and their glory, because it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish."

Its self evident from these scriptures that the Devil disputed Gods sovereignty and right to rule as he couldn't have offered Jesus any authority if it wasn't his to give. In fact its the Devil who is the current ruler of this world.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CherubRam View Post
    If the words "first," "beginning," "alpha," and "formed" dose not work in your understanding, then there is nothing I can do for you.
    No you can, by answering my question
    who or what, or what process created God
    using your unsound logic?

But i know you can't as your point of view doesn't stand up to scrutiny and is simply illogical as well as demonstrating a misunderstanding of the Bible. In fact Colossians 1:15 refutes your point as it says that Jesus is "the firstborn of all creation" further proving that God is indeed eternal just as Moses and Solomon said thousands of years ago.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Fly View Post
    I wonder who S.J. Gould was referring to when he said this?
    Bs"d

Gould said: "Transitional forms are generally lacking at the species level, but they are abundant between larger groups."

So it is clear enough that between species, there are no transitional forms.

He claims that there are between larger groups, but that is reasoning like: "Here we have a mouse, there we have a horse, and the dog is the transitional form in between them."

Again: Evolution is totally lacking in the fossil record.
    Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elia View Post
    Gould said: "Transitional forms are generally lacking at the species level, but they are abundant between larger groups."

So it is clear enough that between species, there are no transitional forms.
    No. "Generally lacking" is not the same as "don't exist at all".

Again: Evolution is totally lacking in the fossil record.
    How do you know? Just how much time have you spent studying fossil specimens and trends in the larger fossil record?
    "The way to deal with superstition is not to be polite to it, but to tackle it with all arms, and so rout it, cripple it, and make it forever infamous and ridiculous." --H.L. Mencken

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 1,093 Posts

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnet View Post
    It does remain a serious challenge to Christianity.
    Having confidence in chance rather than the Maker is not a 'serious challenge' for Christianity. They are simply Hell bound for trying to turn people away from divine Creation.

Let the reprobates be reprobates. The theory of evolution is all about scapegoating on nature for man's sins.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,076 Times in 2,426 Posts

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really....and yet Satan raised the issue of Universal Sovereignty in Eden which caused Adam and Eve to sin. If Jehovah God was recognized by ALL creation as THE Universal Sovereign then John 5:19 would have had no reason to say "but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one".

Matthew 4:8-9 "Again the Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.  And he said to him: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me".

Luke 4:6 "Then the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and their glory,because it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish."

Its self evident from these scriptures that the Devil disputed Gods sovereignty and right to rule as he couldn't have offered Jesus any authority if it wasn't his to give. In fact its the Devil who is the current ruler of this world.
    I still don't know if you are wording things poorly..... or have fallen for cult teaching.

God always has been soverign. God always will be soveriegn. Satan can do nothing unless permitted by our Soveriegn God.

God allows Satan to roam to and fro, but God is still the Soveriegn Ruler. Satan can dispute God's soveriegnty, and so can you. But if you think that actually makes Satan soveriegn, you are heretical.

Colossians 1:15 refutes your point as it says that Jesus is "the firstborn of all creation" further proving that God is indeed eternal just as Moses and Solomon said thousands of years ago.
    Again... it seems you couch your words to not reveal what you believe. Yes...God is eternal but are you saying that verse means Jesus was born, or created; therefore not God? Or, are you saying that "firstborn" is a title of Jesus, and that He is God? After all, Jesus can't be a created being and the creator of all creation
    Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 6days For Your Post:

Tambora (May 10th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Fly View Post
    No. "Generally lacking" is not the same as "don't exist at all".

Bs"d

"The fossil record itself provided no documentation of continuity - of gradual transition from one animal or plant to another of quite different form."

Stanley, S.M., The New Evolutionary Timetable: Fossils, Genes and the Origin of Species, 1981, p. 40

S.M. Stanley is an evolutionist and professor at the John Hopkins university in Baltimore.
    He wrote many articles, also together with Niles Eldredge, de co-inventor of the punctuated equilibrium theory.
    One of his articles is “Paleontology and earth system history in the new millennium” which has been published in “Geological Society of America”

For more info about prof Stanley look here: http://www.jhu.edu/~eps/faculty/stan....html#research

How do you know? Just how much time have you spent studying fossil specimens and trends in the larger fossil record?
    Evolutionist experts on the fossil record tell me so.

For the finer details look here: https://sites.google.com/site/777mountzion/fossiles
    Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still don't know if you are wording things poorly..... or have fallen for cult teaching.

God always has been soverign. God always will be soveriegn. Satan can do nothing unless permitted by our Soveriegn God.

God allows Satan to roam to and fro, but God is still the Soveriegn Ruler. Satan can dispute God's soveriegnty, and so can you. But if you think that actually makes Satan soveriegn, you are heretical.
    I've not worded anything poorly. As i said initially the theme of the Bible is the vindication of Jehovahs soveringty which is WHY God has tolerated the existence of Satan and his demons as Satan challenged Gods soverignty in Eden. I never once said Satan was soverign. So lets stick top what i said rather than what you think i said or think i have inferred.

Again... it seems you couch your words to not reveal what you believe. Yes...God is eternal but are you saying that verse means Jesus was born, or created; therefore not God? Or, are you saying that "firstborn" is a title of Jesus, and that He is God? After all, Jesus can't be a created being and the creator of all creation
    I've not 'couched' anything. The scripture is plain in its statement. It says "[Jesus] is the first born of creation". Therefore God directly made Jesus himself. That's a pretty easy concept to accept and understand unless of course you believe in the Trinity which is a discussion im not interested in getting into.

LIFETIME MEMBER
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After all, Jesus can't be a created being and the creator of all creation
    Jesus is not the creator.

Read Rev.chs 4 and 5

LA

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 693 Posts

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bs"d

"The fossil record itself provided no documentation of continuity - of gradual transition from one animal or plant to another of quite different form."

Stanley, S.M., The New Evolutionary Timetable: Fossils, Genes and the Origin of Species, 1981, p. 40

S.M. Stanley is an evolutionist and professor at the John Hopkins university in Baltimore.
    He wrote many articles, also together with Niles Eldredge, de co-inventor of the punctuated equilibrium theory.
    One of his articles is “Paleontology and earth system history in the new millennium” which has been published in “Geological Society of America”

For more info about prof Stanley look here: http://www.jhu.edu/~eps/faculty/stan....html#research

does Jesus appreciate your intellectual dishonesty?
    Evolutionist experts on the fossil record tell me so.

For the finer details look here: https://sites.google.com/site/777mountzion/fossiles

Over 1000 post club WonderfulLordJesus's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fossil record shows STASIS, non-change, non-evolution, for the species for their whole stay in the fossil record. New species pop up suddenly, without any connection to supposed predecessors.

This is all totally in agreement with creation, and it refutes evolution.
    As a kid, this was glaring. The fossil record evolution cops to proves it's a farce. The very absence of transitional forms makes it laughable. It proves something else, that people will love and believe a lie that suits their Godless private philosophy, no matter how stupid the lie. I've always likened it that, if evolution were true, you could hardly dig in your garden and not find a transitional form. It's plain stupid, and I saw this as a kid in school. Neither has there been any reason to think any different, everything learned since only proving creation. People, in general, are idiots, because they will believe what they want to believe, only hear what they want to hear, regardless all real evidence contrary.

2 Thessalonians 2

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
    8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
    9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
    10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
    11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
    12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to WonderfulLordJesus For Your Post:

Elia (April 26th, 2016)

Over 1000 post club WonderfulLordJesus's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
    Jesus is not the creator.

Read Rev.chs 4 and 5

LA
    Note that verse 10 goes great with your post. So, what cult are you? A JW, or are you just a trolling, independent contractor here, trying to deceive people? Do you guys never see clear scripture leaves you with your pants down? Do the dumber lies never make you feel ridiculous? Can't you find some antichrist site that will pay any attention to you?

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    2 The same was in the beginning with God.
    3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
    5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
    7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
    8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
    9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
    10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
    11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
    12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
    13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Colossians 1

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
    13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
    14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
    15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
    16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
    17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to WonderfulLordJesus For Your Post:

6days (April 26th, 2016)

Thread Information