User Tag List

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2633343536

Thread: The fossil record shows there never was evolution.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnet View Post
    Deuteronomy 33:15

14And with the choice yield of the sun, And with the choice produce of the months. 15"And with the best things of the ancient mountains, And with the choice things of the everlasting hills, 16And with the choice things of the earth and its fullness, And the favor of Him who dwelt in the bush.

"Mortal man was never the property of the archdeceivers. Jesus did not die to ransom man from the clutch of the apostate rulers and fallen princes of the spheres. The Father in heaven never conceived of such crass injustice as damning a mortal soul because of the evil doing of his ancestors."UB

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,167 Times in 819 Posts

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caino View Post
    ... But the so called "Gentile dogs" dug up some unpleasant facts.
    I know of one Jew who referred to Gentiles as dogs.
    Jesus.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    I know of one Jew who referred to Gentiles as dogs.
    Jesus.
    And that my friend is a fine example of the biased misremembering on the part of the Jewish authors of Matthew and Mark.

Matthew 15:21-28

Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession.”

Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to their dogs.”

“Yes, Lord,” she said, “but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters’ table.”

Then Jesus answered, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.”

And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

"Mortal man was never the property of the archdeceivers. Jesus did not die to ransom man from the clutch of the apostate rulers and fallen princes of the spheres. The Father in heaven never conceived of such crass injustice as damning a mortal soul because of the evil doing of his ancestors."UB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,072 Times in 852 Posts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And yet many Christians accept Darwinian evolution.
    Do you really believe they are christian if they accept Darwinism evolution ? I don't !
    Heb 4:2
    For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,651 Times in 2,769 Posts

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lon,

Lots of inaccurate facts in this clip

"Distinctive spheres" Oops! Looks like you don't even read your own book well. Can't trust you for the Bible OR your own wacko book, Caino.

the funniest is... -Caino
    Last edited by Lon; May 13th, 2016 at 12:59 PM.
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Thanks

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    It doesn't have a means of power and its concepts are physically impossible.

http://kgov.com/plate-tectonics-subd...oes-not-happen
    ta.

Thanks

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    Do you really believe they are christian if they accept Darwinism evolution ? I don't !
    I know what you mean.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post

"Distinctive spheres" Oops! Looks like you don't even read your own book well. Can't trust you for the Bible OR your own wacko book, Caino.

You put 2 links together as if it's one term, one is "sphere" which is synonymous with round world or celestial body, and the other a completely different designation of the word "sphere" as in existence like men and women having distinct sphere of existence. But I do see what the critic was trying to say, he was addressing eugenics. The term "distinctive sphere" appears once, it's about the differences between men and women.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And that my friend is a fine example of the biased misremembering on the part of the Jewish authors of Matthew and Mark.

Matthew 15:21-28

Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession.”

Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to their dogs.”

“Yes, Lord,” she said, “but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters’ table.”

Then Jesus answered, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.”

And her daughter was healed from that very hour.
    Bs"d

Be that as it may, but still he referred to the Gentiles as dogs.

The woman also had to compare herself to a dog, before her daughter got healed.
    Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No - it's just the way mountains are understood to form - through plate tectonics. The proof came too late for Velikovsky to take account of it.
    Bs"d

Plate tectonics are in no way contradictory to Velikovsky.
    Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How high were the mountains at the time of Noah's flood? As today? If so, then that is a colossal amount of water
    Bs"d

They probably were a good deal lower.

Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,983 Times in 8,563 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elia View Post
    Plate tectonics are in no way contradictory to Velikovsky.
    It's contradictory to reality.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (April 10th, 2019),way 2 go (May 29th, 2016)

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool A new renewable

In another forum I found this which looks interesting. I cut a lot out to fit, check the link for the full story

This Gasoline Is Made of Carbon Sucked From the Air
    A Harvard-affiliated Canadian company is making a liquid fuel that is carbon neutral, and they hope the economics will be in their favor.

Imagine driving up to your local gas station and being able to choose between regular, premium, or carbon-free gasoline.

Carbon Engineering, a Canadian company, is already making a liquid fuel by sucking carbon dioxide (CO2) out of the atmosphere and combining it with hydrogen from water. This is an engineering breakthrough on two fronts: A potentially cost-effective way to take CO2 out of the atmosphere to fight climate change and a potentially cost-competitive way to make gasoline, diesel, or jet fuel that doesn’t add any additional CO2 to the atmosphere.

“Our paper shows the costs and engineering for a full-scale plant that could capture one million tons of CO2 a year,” Keith said.

“It costs more than a barrel of oil right now, but in places with a price on carbon of $20 a ton we’re competitive,” Oldham said in an interview.

Still, even at $100 per ton, there aren’t enough CO2 buyers right now. So the company decided to make a carbon-neutral liquid fuel, said Steve Oldham, CEO of Carbon Engineering. The captured CO2 is combined with hydrogen, which is made through the electrolysis of water. While the process requires a lot of electricity, the pilot plant in Squamish uses renewable hydro power. The resulting synthetic fuel can be blended or used on its own as gasoline, diesel, or jet fuel. When it’s burned it emits the same amount of CO2 that went into making it, so it’s effectively carbon neutral.

Carbon Engineering is building a larger plant, utilizing low-cost renewable energy, that will produce 200 barrels of synthetic fuel a day. It should be operational in 2020, said Keith. The company is also looking to license their technology.

“We think this is very scalable and will have world-wide markets,” says Oldham. “All you need is air and water as feedstocks, and some electricity.” And a license to their tech.
    https://tinyurl.com/y34z62np

I must add: Plants live on CO2 and exhale 02; We live on O2 and exhale CO2

Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,983 Times in 8,563 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdyson View Post
    In another forum.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.

I'm certainly not saying they have won the argument. The Noachian flood remains problematic - rock layers are not consistent with a single catastrophic deluge. Again, I'm not admitting defeat.
    Flood or erosion

look again at the pictures of the Grand Canyon in this paper and notice the crisp parallel lines between each layer. Many claim that there are evidences of erosion in lower layers, evidences of rivers, streams, rain, etc. However, these are generally isolated findings such as one might expect if they were formed rapidly, such as occurs with the rapid runoff of waters after a catastrophic flooding event.

After this formation, a massive amount of water was suddenly released in a huge runoff that covered several states, flowing from east to west. All of the sediment over the Grand Canyon region, above the Kaibab, was removed very rapidly by an extremely wide sheet of rapidly running water. Cedar Ridge was one massive waterfall. One can visualize this by looking from the Lake Powell region toward the Grand Canyon region in the satellite photo to the right.

Notice that there is a distinct V-shaped formation at the tip where the eastern Grand Canyon begins - pointing toward Lake Powell. One can also recognize the deep punched-out appearance of the Canyon itself from the satellite photo as well as many of the other Canyon photos presented here. In other photos one can see the massive cliff-like faces that form a very wide valley where, in the middle, the Grand Canyon has been formed. The Grand Canyon is actually the baby canyon in comparison to the canyon in which is sits.

It seems that the sheet of rushing water dissipated before it could remove all of the elevated features, such as the various flat-topped buttes, in the GC region - which still remain as isolated islands sticking up above the relative flatness of the surrounding landscape. Also, as the water rapidly dissipated and the sheet of water narrowed, the "steps" of the Grand Staircase were formed.
    http://detectingdesign.com/geologiccolumn.html

Thread Information