User Tag List

Page 3 of 141 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 2112

Thread: pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

  1. #31
    LIFETIME MEMBER meshak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    10,100
    Thanks
    2,574
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 957 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    526230
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Meshak, God made a covenant with Christ and Abraham by which salvation is offered to all families of the earth. We live under that covenant according to Paul. When Abraham's nephew was kidnapped what did Abraham do? Did he pray for his enemies or did he go get Lot?

    Melchizedek said, "And blessed be God Most High, who has delivered your enemies into your hand.”
    And he (Abraham) gave him a tithe of all.
    You don't seem to know what the "Lord" means.

    His Father gave Him authority to be our Lord, Savior and the Teacher.

    And His Father also said "listen to Him."

    You are rejecting both Father and Jesus, friend.

  2. #32
    LIFETIME MEMBER steko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    11,875
    Thanks
    19,081
    Thanked 17,257 Times in 9,803 Posts

    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147684
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    You don't seem to know what the "Lord" means.

    His Father gave Him authority to be our Lord, Savior and the Teacher.

    And His Father also said "listen to Him."

    You are rejecting both Father and Jesus, friend.

    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

    Grosnick Marowbe (April 5th, 2016),Tambora (April 5th, 2016)

  4. #33
    LIFETIME MEMBER meshak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    10,100
    Thanks
    2,574
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 957 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    526230
    This teaching is not hard to understand.

    It is just hard to accept.

    there are many faithful ones who have no problem understanding this simple instruction.

    His followers have responsibility to spread God's kingdom to the world.

    We should not get involved with the world's wicked system.

    Jesus also says let the dead bury their own dead.

    The world will take care of itself without God's people get involved with their wicked deeds.

    Two wrongs won't make one right.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meshak For Your Post:

    KingdomRose (April 6th, 2016),Tnkrbl123! (February 9th, 2017)

  6. #34
    Black Rifles Matter Nick M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    16,536
    Thanks
    614
    Thanked 7,878 Times in 5,267 Posts

    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147784
    Matthew 21

    12 Then Jesus went into the temple of God and drove out all those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves.

    Mark 11

    15 So they came to Jerusalem. Then Jesus went into the temple and began to drive out those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves. 16 And He would not allow anyone to carry wares through the temple. 17 Then He taught, saying to them, “Is it not written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations’? But you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’

    John 2

    13 Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers doing business. 15 When He had made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers’ money and overturned the tables. 16 And He said to those who sold doves, “Take these things away! Do not make My Father’s house a house of merchandise!” 17 Then His disciples remembered that it was written, “Zeal for Your house has eaten Me up.”









    The other issue is Meshak has not read the Revelation if she thinks "Jesus" is a pacifist.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

    Titus 1

    For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

    Ephesians 5

    11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

    steko (April 5th, 2016),Tambora (April 5th, 2016)

  8. #35
    TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    28,988
    Thanks
    12,199
    Thanked 25,194 Times in 16,864 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147841
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    This teaching is not hard to understand.

    It is just hard to accept.

    there are many faithful ones who have no problem understanding this simple instruction.

    His followers have responsibility to spread God's kingdom to the world.

    We should not get involved with the world's wicked system.

    Jesus also says let the dead bury their own dead.

    The world will take care of itself without God's people get involved with their wicked deeds.

    Two wrongs won't make one right.
    You're just filled to the brim with cliches aren't ya?

  9. #36
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    13,986
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6,949 Times in 5,067 Posts

    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    Two wrongs won't make one right.
    Add the above to "You can run, but not hide from the truth."

    Stunning.


    Good day to you, sir.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    Nick M (April 5th, 2016),steko (April 5th, 2016),Tambora (April 5th, 2016)

  11. #37
    LIFETIME MEMBER steko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    11,875
    Thanks
    19,081
    Thanked 17,257 Times in 9,803 Posts

    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147684
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
    Jesus is not His own Father, and is not all that the Father is.

    Jesus is our example of what the Father desires us to be and live by.

    We are no longer in the age of blood, but of the Holy Spirit.

    Mat 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

    That instruction is given to the disciples of Christ.

    LA
    That instruction was not a universal mandate for believers, everywhere, in every time.
    It was said to the eleven who were certain to die by the sword of the temple guard who vastly outnumbered them that night.
    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

    Grosnick Marowbe (April 5th, 2016),Tambora (April 5th, 2016)

  13. #38
    TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    28,988
    Thanks
    12,199
    Thanked 25,194 Times in 16,864 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147841
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
    Jesus is not His own Father, and is not all that the Father is.

    Jesus is our example of what the Father desires us to be and live by.

    We are no longer in the age of blood, but of the Holy Spirit.

    Mat 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

    That instruction is given to the disciples of Christ.

    LA
    LA you have nothing of real substance to add. Move along nothing to see here.

  14. #39
    LIFETIME MEMBER meshak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    10,100
    Thanks
    2,574
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 957 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    526230
    It is clear that military supporting Christians are patriot.

    Jesus' followers are supposed work for God's kingdom. Their citizenship belong to God's kingdom, not earthly country.

    this is one of basic Christian principles.

  15. #40
    Fiddle Dee Dee Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    39,341
    Thanks
    109,711
    Thanked 33,359 Times in 21,172 Posts

    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148037

    Proverbs 18:17 He that is first in his own cause seemeth just; but his neighbour cometh and searcheth him.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    Grosnick Marowbe (April 5th, 2016)

  17. #41
    TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    28,988
    Thanks
    12,199
    Thanked 25,194 Times in 16,864 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147841
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
    All of these stupid things you say will be reminded to you at the judgment to see if you are that which you condemn others by.

    LA
    Your ignorance is admirable.

  18. #42
    TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    28,988
    Thanks
    12,199
    Thanked 25,194 Times in 16,864 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147841
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    It is clear that military supporting Christians are patriot.

    Jesus' followers are supposed work for God's kingdom. Their citizenship belong to God's kingdom, not earthly country.

    this is basic Christian principle.
    You KNOW very little.

  19. #43
    Black Rifles Matter Nick M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    16,536
    Thanks
    614
    Thanked 7,878 Times in 5,267 Posts

    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147784
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    It is clear that military supporting Christians are patriot.

    Jesus' followers are supposed work for God's kingdom. Their citizenship belong to God's kingdom, not earthly country.

    this is basic Christian principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    Matthew 21

    12 Then Jesus went into the temple of God and drove out all those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves.

    Mark 11

    15 So they came to Jerusalem. Then Jesus went into the temple and began to drive out those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves. 16 And He would not allow anyone to carry wares through the temple. 17 Then He taught, saying to them, “Is it not written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations’? But you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’

    John 2

    13 Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers doing business. 15 When He had made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers’ money and overturned the tables. 16 And He said to those who sold doves, “Take these things away! Do not make My Father’s house a house of merchandise!” 17 Then His disciples remembered that it was written, “Zeal for Your house has eaten Me up.”
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

    Titus 1

    For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

    Ephesians 5

    11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

    steko (April 5th, 2016),Tambora (April 5th, 2016)

  21. #44
    TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    28,988
    Thanks
    12,199
    Thanked 25,194 Times in 16,864 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147841
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    Add the above to "You can run, but not hide from the truth."

    Stunning.


    Good day to you, sir.
    She made those up. What a genius.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

    Tambora (April 5th, 2016)

  23. #45
    TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    28,988
    Thanks
    12,199
    Thanked 25,194 Times in 16,864 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147841
    No doubt she had some help from LA though?

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

    steko (April 5th, 2016),Tambora (April 5th, 2016)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us