Thanks
    Thanked 8,173 Times in 4,963 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    You might as well just go all the way to Acts 28:28 with that - it fits much of their error like a glove that is only just a little bit off

Fact is, when Paul was saved, he was saved in the same spiritual UNcircumcision his nation had just been concluded in.

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. 7:52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: 7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it. 7:54 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

Acts 26:8 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead? 26:9 I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth. 26:10 Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them. 26:11 And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.

That is his description of Acts 9. So is this...

1 Timothy 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
    You show the fall of Israel at the stoning of Stephen but cannot show the casting away of them until the close of Acts.
    2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heir For Your Post:

ClimateSanity (December 6th, 2016),Grosnick Marowbe (August 16th, 2016),Tambora (August 17th, 2016)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,303 Times in 2,474 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heir View Post
    Terence cannot stand Jordan and in fact, calls him out on his site and exhorts others to Romans 16:17 KJV Jordan. Danoh has them holding hands and singing Kumbaya, but it's not happening.

The way you put that was hilarious!

Good to see your sense of humour; even if an iron jawed one

Smile woman - thou art loosed, lol

And yes, I am well aware that just before Terrence opens his mouth about Richard; his spit turns to acid - which also cracks me up

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You show the fall of Israel at the stoning of Stephen but cannot show the casting away of them until the close of Acts.
    My observation is that you just don't see it from where YOU approach looking at things from.

And I note that objectively; not as a put down - though I could have opted for a ribbing

With the raising up of Paul; God is no longer working through that nation with - the result begin that it appears He has cast them away for good; so Paul addresses that as not being the case - Rom. 11:25 - THAT is Paul's point.

He is NOT re-offering them THEIR gospel of the kingdom - he is concerned that Rom. 11:25 will happen in his day, and many of his UNbelieving kinsman after the flesh will end up lost in the coming Tribulation "for the wrath of God is come upon them to the uttermost" 1 Thess. 2:16.

Again, sister; we simply look at these things from a different level below their seeming surface.*

You from yours below said seeming surface; I from mine.

Unless you do not hold that Paul had held to the Body's blessed hope's any moment aspect.

*Consider that an improvement on my prior "surface level" phrase.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My observation is that you just don't see it from where YOU approach looking at things from.
    I know Israel fell (Romans 11:11-12 KJV, Romans 11:25 KJV), but had not yet been cast away (Romans 11:1 KJV). Paul was sent to Jews all the way through the Acts period (Acts 26:17 KJV, Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 1:24 KJV. Acts 28:20 KJV, Acts 28:24-31 KJV) which is absolutely problematic for those like you who insist the Jew had no advantage (which they clearly did Romans 3:1-3 KJV). Paul already knows that all Israel shall be saved as in Romans 11:26-27 KJV so to say that he was sent to Gentiles (and those certain) to provoke to emulation them which are his flesh (Romans 11:13-14 KJV) makes NO SENSE unless there were some out of Israel who would believe his gospel! Cue God's foreknowledge on a present time remnant that would believe (Romans 11:1-6 KJV). Whoomp, there it is!
    2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to heir For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (August 16th, 2016),musterion (August 16th, 2016),Right Divider (August 17th, 2016),Tambora (August 17th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,608 Times in 11,389 Posts

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know Israel fell (Romans 11:11-12 KJV, Romans 11:25 KJV), but had not yet been cast away (Romans 11:1 KJV). Paul was sent to Jews all the way through the Acts period (Acts 26:17 KJV, Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 1:24 KJV. Acts 28:20 KJV, Acts 28:24-31 KJV) which is absolutely problematic for those like you who insist the Jew had no advantage (which they clearly did Romans 3:1-3 KJV). Paul already knows that all Israel shall be saved as in Romans 11:26-27 KJV so to say that he was sent to Gentiles (and those certain) to provoke to emulation them which are his flesh (Romans 11:13-14 KJV) makes NO SENSE unless there were some out of Israel who would believe his gospel! Cue God's foreknowledge on a present time remnant that would believe (Romans 11:1-6 KJV). Whoomp, there it is!
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    You're too literal to get it.
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (August 16th, 2016),heir (May 10th, 2016),Tambora (August 17th, 2016)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lol, I was wondering if you'd thrown in the towel, STP, but I forgot you jump back in when heir posts

You do realize she is a mightly Helen Crump in her own right; who never needs Andy to wet nurse her

Good for you heir; stand your ground til fully persuaded otherwise; champ.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Danoh For Your Post:

Mark M (April 8th, 2016)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Paul went to Jews that he "might save some" thru his gospel of the UNcircumcision his Apostleship of the Gentiles was magnifying - not through their already on hold gospel of the kingdom.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Danoh For Your Post:

Mark M (April 8th, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul went to Jews that he "might save some" thru his gospel of the UNcircumcision his Apostleship of the Gentiles was magnifying - not through their already on hold gospel of the kingdom.
    Who said anything about Paul preaching the gospel of the kingdom? Certainly not me! Paul could not even be forgiven under it (Matthew 12:31-32 KJV).

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to heir For Your Post:

ClimateSanity (December 6th, 2016),Danoh (April 21st, 2016),Grosnick Marowbe (August 16th, 2016),Tambora (August 17th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 778 Posts

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul saw the risen Christ, he didn't know Christ "after the flesh".
    He then received direct revelations from the risen Christ over a series of years.
    These revelations were unique to the Apostle Paul, as Peter attests some things were "hard to understand".
    As long as the Temple stood, it was "possible" for the fulfillment of the Kingdom.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beameup View Post
    Paul saw the risen Christ, he didn't know Christ "after the flesh".
    He then received direct revelations from the risen Christ over a series of years.
    These revelations were unique to the Apostle Paul, as Peter attests some things were "hard to understand".
    As long as the Temple stood, it was "possible" for the fulfillment of the Kingdom.
    I'm not sure I see your point; I am not aware of a MAD who would disagree with any of this that you have just posted.

This is definitely Lower Wacker Drive. musterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,278 Times in 8,939 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I know Israel fell (Romans 11:11-12 KJV, Romans 11:25 KJV), but had not yet been cast away (Romans 11:1 KJV). Paul was sent to Jews all the way through the Acts period (Acts 26:17 KJV, Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 1:24 KJV. Acts 28:20 KJV, Acts 28:24-31 KJV) which is absolutely problematic for those like you who insist the Jew had no advantage (which they clearly did Romans [as of] 3:1-3 KJV). Paul already knows that all Israel shall be saved as in Romans 11:26-27 KJV so to say that he was sent to Gentiles (and those certain) to provoke to emulation them which are his flesh (Romans 11:13-14 KJV) makes NO SENSE unless there were some out of Israel who would believe his gospel! Cue God's foreknowledge on a present time remnant that would believe (Romans 11:1-6 KJV). Whoomp, there it is!
    Thank you -- I never clearly saw the part in red until just now. Always took it as Paul speaking historically but it looks now like he was speaking of them at that time. You're an undisguised blessing.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

C. H. Mackintosh

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (August 16th, 2016),heir (August 18th, 2016),Tambora (August 17th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 39,567 Times in 24,571 Posts

Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If God had cast them away (as in 'no longer dealing with them'), then no Israelite could believe the grace gospel and be saved by it today.

Unless you take 'cast away' as meaning there IS NO more Israel at this time, and therefore the whole world at this time (including all those born of the 12 tribes) are now considered Gentiles (ie. no more distinction between them - all in the same boat).

But then you would have to deal with "they are enemies for the gospel's sake, but are beloved for the father's sake".
    Got to still be a distinct Israel for that to still be true today.

ALL the dots need to line up.

God Bless America

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (August 16th, 2016),musterion (August 17th, 2016),steko (August 16th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,067 Times in 18,207 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, I was wondering if you'd thrown in the towel, STP, but I forgot you jump back in when heir posts

You do realize she is a mightly Helen Crump in her own right; who never needs Andy to wet nurse her

Good for you heir; stand your ground til fully persuaded otherwise; champ.
    So speaks "Danoh," Enemy of the MADs.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Captain (August 18th, 2016),Tambora (August 17th, 2016)

This is definitely Lower Wacker Drive. musterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,278 Times in 8,939 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    If God had cast them away (as in 'no longer dealing with them'), then no Israelite could believe the grace gospel and be saved by it today.
    Why not? Isn't the gospel of grace intended exactly for those who God otherwise would have given up on (meaning everyone, no difference), leaving grace as all that's left? But I may not understand your point?
    Last edited by musterion; August 17th, 2016 at 06:47 AM.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

C. H. Mackintosh

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

steko (August 17th, 2016),Tambora (August 17th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,608 Times in 11,389 Posts

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If God does not cast them away at the end of Acts, then he cannot have mercy on them all.

Casting away those that rejected Lord's earthly ministry and those that rejected Paul's ministry to the Jew first was an act of mercy on the Lord's part. This makes them on the same level with the pagan Gentile to whom the dispensation of the grace of God is for.
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    You're too literal to get it.
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (August 17th, 2016),heir (August 18th, 2016),steko (August 17th, 2016),Tambora (August 17th, 2016)

Thread Information