Thread: Abortion///cont.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    Though not unequivocally so.
    I've no moral requirement to give you my blood even as doing so incurs your death.
    Deep down jester..et al. you know this is correct, it's just that this reality paints an ugly picture; it's not retributive enough for the likes of you.

This woman simply must pay for her irresponsibilities and sexual malfeasance...correct?

"Life" is simply a side-bar to the true satisfying aim of moral redress.
    _/\_

Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

Over 4000 post club glassjester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 951 Posts

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deep down jester..et al. you know this is correct, it's just that this reality paints an ugly picture; it's not retributive enough for the likes of you.

This woman simply must pay for her irresponsibilities and sexual malfeasance...correct?

Absolutely not. Please do not assume an ulterior motive. I value honesty and sincerity.

I try always to explain my beliefs plainly and openly. Truly, I have no hidden agenda.
    Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though not unequivocally so.
    I've no moral requirement to give you my blood even as doing so incurs your death.
    Yes, I agree.

But there can exist circumstances in which I would be morally obligated to act (ie, use my body) to preserve the life of another. Do you agree?

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    Yes, I agree.

But there can exist circumstances in which I would be morally obligated to act (ie, use my body) to preserve the life of another. Do you agree?
    Personally engaged morality, of course. (That's the essence of choice) I'm saying there's no moral necessity to do so.
    _/\_

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you truly believe that I am pro-life for the sake of punishing a mother?

That makes as much sense as saying you are pro-choice for the sake of punishing unborn children. I would not assume this of you, and I would appreciate it very much if you would not assume such of me.

Perhaps pro-life people are just that - pro-life.

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally engaged morality, of course. (That's the essence of choice) I'm saying there's no moral necessity to do so.
    You cannot conceive of any situation in which it would be morally necessary to act in order to preserve the life of another?

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cannot conceive of any situation in which it would be morally necessary to act in order to preserve the life of another?
    Yes, if or when it's within your relative safety, ability and purview to do so.
    _/\_

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, if or when it's within your relative safety, ability and purview to do so.
    For example?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,442 Times in 3,206 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Horn View Post
    "Personhood" laws are extremely stupid and would be disastrously counterproductive if passed .
    Abortion as a right is an extremely stupid idea and disastrously counterproductive to our essential humanity.

This would automatically cause a sharp INCREASE in surgical abortions.
    Abortions increased each year following legalization until the Baby Boomers started aging. Laws prohibiting abortion don't increase abortions. That's counter intuitive and contrary to reason. Where you see a correlation is in countries that go beyond that to restricting contraceptive materials. If you cut that flow you're going to see a large increase in unwanted pregnancies and an increase in people seeking abortions, even when illegal. So it's laws relating to contraceptives and not abortion that is at the root of that particularly misused assertion by the left.

If you're opposed to abortion, you have absolutely no right to be opposed to the legality of contraceptives
    Completely untrue, though you can reasonably oppose both. The argument that life from conception forward should be protected is not the same as the argument that the potential for life should be protected.

This is like wanting to prevent driving fatalities by making seat belts illegal .
    No, it's like wanting to end unnecessary and objectionable killing by prohibiting it as a matter of law. Not everyone will obey the law, but that's no argument against it. In fact, if we made that the premise for passing laws we'd only pass those we didn't need to.

A cell is not person. An acorn is not a tree.
    A one year old is not a thirty year old, and none of those are the point.
    Last edited by Town Heretic; May 13th, 2017 at 05:38 PM. Reason: missing an "an"
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

Nihilo (May 13th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For example?
    Well, when writing that I envisioned a bank robbery involving a little old lady, big burly man and the bank's security guard.

Now I wouldn't expect the old lady to thwart the thief as she doesn't qualify under any of the criteria. The big guy, no because though he may have the ability it's not necessarily his duty nor would it be safe for him to do so. The guard on the otherhand has the duty and moral necessity to act and must.
    _/\_

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A cell is not person. An acorn is not a tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic;

A one year old is not a thirty year old, and none of those are the point.
    On the contrary...its logically relevent to the rational discourse of the debate.
    _/\_

Thanks
    Thanked 1,688 Times in 1,117 Posts

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a lot of effort trying to convince, quip, of the sanctity of human life.

As a Buddhist, she sits under her little avatar tree, considering the scared, strange Christians circling around to get her bite, please just a little nibble, on simple truth.

There's got to be someone who can get through to her.

Yes, it's God, and she refuses to listen to Him.

I prayed for, quip, today.

I will tomorrow, too, and the next day and the next.
    Psalm 42:1-2 (KJV)

1 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, when writing that I envisioned a bank robbery involving a little old lady, big burly man and the bank's security guard.

Now I wouldn't expect the old lady to thwart the thief as she doesn't qualify under any of the criteria. The big guy, no because though he may have the ability it's not necessarily his duty nor would it be safe for him to do so. The guard on the otherhand has the duty and moral necessity to act and must.
    That's a fair example. Although I disagree that safety is a necessary condition. Your example illustrates that, too. Clearly, it is less safe for the guard to intervene than to not intervene. Yet he is still obligated to protect the lives of the innocent.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles Wings View Post
    What a lot of effort trying to convince, quip, of the sanctity of human life.
    Simply offering you a perspective you seem oh so willing to remain blind to.

Your god created a universe of suffering where at least in the manner of early term abortions the fetus sufficiently evades.

Pray on that.
    _/\_

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simply offering you a perspective you seem oh so willing to remain blind to. Your god created a universe of suffering where at least in early term abortions the fetus evades.

Pray on that.
    All murders prevent any future, bodily suffering of the victim. That's a poor defense of killing.

Thread Information