User Tag List

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 834

Thread: Abortion///cont.

  1. #61
    Over 4000 post club Nihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The North & the West
    Posts
    4,054
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 876 Times in 731 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    200350
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    Correct.You first need the capacity to independently breath to be able to utter such.
    Little already-born kids can't talk right away either, and so can't defend themselves against people lobbying for the right to kill them indiscriminately either.
    HE IS RISEN. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

    487 . . . the Catholic faith . . . in Christ.

    "...things happen .. and you see the results in the fruits of the happening." Lahey

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nihilo For Your Post:

    glassjester (May 12th, 2017)

  3. #62
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    18,303
    Thanks
    1,338
    Thanked 4,345 Times in 3,267 Posts

    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    Little already-born kids can't talk right away either, and so can't defend themselves against people lobbying for the right to kill them indiscriminately either.
    and that brings us back to the murdered 11 day old baby in edmonton


    the case in which quip, by his own words, can't call a murder

  4. #63
    Over 4000 post club glassjester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,600
    Thanks
    536
    Thanked 1,215 Times in 959 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    262395
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    The mother lies within the moral and legal province to make her own determination.
    I understand that this is currently the law, but why should it be?
    Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

  5. #64
    Over 4000 post club glassjester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,600
    Thanks
    536
    Thanked 1,215 Times in 959 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    262395
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    and that brings us back to the murdered 11 day old baby in edmonton


    the case in which quip, by his own words, can't call a murder
    Certainly an 11-day-old baby is a bigger impingement on the mother's autonomy than a child still in the womb. So much more demanding!

    Why shouldn't the 11-day-old be killed, by the same legal principle that the pre-born child is killed?
    Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

  6. #65
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    18,303
    Thanks
    1,338
    Thanked 4,345 Times in 3,267 Posts

    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    I understand that this is currently the law, but why should it be?

    not sure you'll get anywhere gj, quip seems to be only interested in playing games

    good luck

  7. #66
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    18,303
    Thanks
    1,338
    Thanked 4,345 Times in 3,267 Posts

    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    Certainly an 11-day-old baby is a bigger impingement on the mother's autonomy than a child still in the womb. So much more demanding!

    Why shouldn't the 11-day-old be killed, by the same legal principle that the pre-born child is killed?

    why indeed?

  8. #67
    Over 4000 post club glassjester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,600
    Thanks
    536
    Thanked 1,215 Times in 959 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    262395
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    not sure you'll get anywhere gj, quip seems to be only interested in playing games

    good luck
    I am optimistic.
    Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

  9. #68
    Over 4000 post club Nihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The North & the West
    Posts
    4,054
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 876 Times in 731 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    200350
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    I am optimistic.
    That's dumb.
    HE IS RISEN. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

    487 . . . the Catholic faith . . . in Christ.

    "...things happen .. and you see the results in the fruits of the happening." Lahey

  10. #69
    Over 4000 post club quip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    4,943
    Thanks
    373
    Thanked 783 Times in 622 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    595161
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    I understand that this is currently the law, but why should it be?
    Because she's in the morally superior position here.
    _/\_

    Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

  11. #70
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    18,303
    Thanks
    1,338
    Thanked 4,345 Times in 3,267 Posts

    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    It seems that conception is only objective point at which one's right to life can begin. No other point in one's life can be objectively referred to as "the beginning."

    everything past the beginning falls on the continuum of life, from development to maturation to decline to death

    there's only two unambiguous points on that continuum

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    glassjester (May 12th, 2017)

  13. #71
    Over 4000 post club glassjester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,600
    Thanks
    536
    Thanked 1,215 Times in 959 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    262395
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    That's dumb.
    I have not claimed to be otherwise.
    Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

  14. #72
    Over 4000 post club glassjester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,600
    Thanks
    536
    Thanked 1,215 Times in 959 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    262395
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    Because she's in the morally superior position here.
    How so?
    Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

  15. #73
    Over 4000 post club quip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    4,943
    Thanks
    373
    Thanked 783 Times in 622 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    595161
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    How so?
    You and I have no moral obligation to bodily sustain another's life by way of our own.

    Do you agree with this...why or why not?
    _/\_

    Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

  16. #74
    Over 4000 post club glassjester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,600
    Thanks
    536
    Thanked 1,215 Times in 959 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    262395
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    You and I have no moral obligation to bodily sustain another's life by way of our own.

    Do you agree with this...why or why not?
    I do not agree.

    There are plenty of circumstances in which a person's life may depend on the actions of your body. Literally every single time one person cares for another's physical needs, they have sustained the life of the other's body, by way of their own.

    Are there really no circumstances under which someone would be morally obligated to do so? Surely, there are many.
    Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

  17. #75
    Over 4000 post club quip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    4,943
    Thanks
    373
    Thanked 783 Times in 622 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    595161
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    I do not agree.

    There are plenty of circumstances in which a person's life may depend on the actions of your body. Literally every single time one person cares for another's physical needs, they have sustained the life of the other's body, by way of their own.

    Are there really no circumstances under which someone would be morally obligated to do so? Surely, there are many.
    Though not unequivocally so.
    I've no moral requirement to give you my blood even as doing so incurs your death.
    _/\_

    Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us