User Tag List

Page 7 of 117 FirstFirst ... 456789101757107 ... LastLast

Thread: "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,871 Times in 2,894 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Faither View Post
    Sorry , you can't pass go without surrendering your life to Jesus! That's what this is all about!

No easier softer way!
    No, nope, and nah...

The surrender is built in.

You are stuck in Romans 7.

You need to get into Romans 8 - in light of Romans 1 - 5.

You're talking something YOU bring to the table. Romans 7 through...and...through.

That is not Grace motivation, that is your AA "step up to the plate and make that change" deal with some higher power that has absolutely nothing to do with the Cross nor its reason.

I swear; its as if you have concluded that Phillipians 3 is Paul standing up at an AA meeting...

That is not how Grace Motivation works. The Law proved one can not legislate anyone's morality.

O I'm sure you feel real good, and "o so much closer to God," with each time at bat and all that.

And O how you love Jesus and want that for one and all...

But that is not how Grace Motivation works...

Rather, faith; which worketh (is empowered) by (His great) love (wherewith He loved us such, that He died for us).

And the way that works is not "here's ten action steps for getting closer to God..."

Rather, as the Believer grows in knowledge of God's love for him in His Son by His Spirit through time in His Word learning about this great love wherewith He loved Him, this love empowers his walk in Him.

"No Help Wanted, Worker Bees Need Not Bother."

What does Paul tell the very assembly that would have driven you back to the bottle; you are so determined that others just sign on the dotted line of this Emancipation Annihilation of yours?

What did Paul write the Corinthians about all this?

2 Corinthians 1:24 Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

The faith OF Christ.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

See that - Grace Motivation!

2 Corinthians 5:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

He died that those he died for might be empowered by said love of His for them not to live unto themselves, but unto Him.

How? As one grows in an understanding of this great love of His wherewith He died for them.

As a mother and child's love naturally grows. It is not legislated!

It is not "see this Greek word here - follow it - make me happy!"

Look, grace is not grace unless it is willing to risk the abuse the Son risked - murdered under his warm sun, on His Earth, using wood and metal fashioned out of His creation, by His creation!

That is great love indeed! That is Grace!

I know, I know, but the Greek...

1 Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

End of distortion...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danoh For Your Post:

glorydaz (March 1st, 2016),steko (March 1st, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 807 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bottom line for this thread is simple: it's a con game. There is no secret regarding the definition of the Greek word pisteuo. The definition has been known for well over 2,000 years, and that definition has not changed.

Strong's

G4100

πιστεύω
    pisteuō
    pist-yoo'-o
    From G4102; to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), that is, credit; by implication to entrust (especially one’s spiritual well being to Christ): - believe (-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with.
    Total KJV occurrences: 248
    Jesus Christ Is God - See My Blogs

e-Sword - Great & Free Bible Study Software
    Official e-Sword download site (Freeware):
    http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html

Thousands of FREE add-on modules for e-Sword:
    http://www.biblesupport.com/

Romans 10:9-10 KJV That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to journey For Your Post:

steko (March 1st, 2016),Tambora (March 1st, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley D View Post
    Faith is pitis: faith, belief, trust, confidence; fidelity, faithfulness.

believe pisteuo: I believe, have faith in, trust in; pass: I am entrusted with.

The root of pitis is peíthō: I persuade, urge. Peitho also means obey/obeying. So faith which includes believe also includes obeying. If I have faith in God I will obey Him because God is everything. Not that anything I do can be counted to an account, which it cannot. It does mean that what good I do is for the love of God.
    Hi Bradley,

Thanks for being in agreement with me yesterday, but, the words believe and obey are two words I "never" use when I'm talking about my relationship with God or anyone else. This is why. The word believe in Scripture is a mistranslation, The English language has no word for the verb form of Faith, so they used the words believe, believer, and believing. Those words are not even in the Greek language, they have no word for "believe " because there is no state of being as just believing. We are either Faithing forwards, (pisteuo), or we are Faithing backwards (apisteuo) there's no neutral or in between ground much less how one is drawn to Salvation. Pisteuo is a verb , and act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The translators used a word that simply described a verb, not the true meaning of pisteuo. The words we should have had for the translators are, faither, faithing, and to faithe. Those aren't in the English language.

As for Obey, If we have started a life of surrender towards God and at some point He seals the Holy Spirit in us, He is doing any acts of obedience through us, no us by making a choice to obey. We have the choice to surrender our lives to God, and as a result of that surrender, his nature will flow out of us in the form of an obedient act.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,967 Times in 6,976 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry , you can't pass go without surrendering your life to Jesus!
    Let you be accursed with your false gospel. He surrendered his life to the Father on my behalf. And that is the only thing the Father will accept. You have it backwards, you are outside the faith. Which is why you will not tell us what it really means.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Tambora (March 1st, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
    "faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Over the next few days i'm going to post on this thread,certain Scriptures with the vines dictionary meaning in place of the mistranslated words. It will be very hard for many to accept. But remember, this doesn't just affect you, your entire household and family will be affected by this.

Positive comments and good questions only. Please no, "I don't accept the Greek dictionary definitions."

thanks
    I'm reposting this thread in hopes that the replies will reflect the OP.

This thread is about the word "pisteuo".

Do you agree with the definitions given in the strongs and the Vines Greek dictionary?

Theres only been one real answer by danoh, in which he said "no" he doesn't, and then has gone on to personally attack me.

What this post is asking isn't that hard. Do you agree with the Strongs and Vines Greek dictionary concerning the word "pisteuo?" If yes explain why. If no explain why, and explain why with the definitions in the OP as I have copied them word for word out of the 2 texts.

Lets get this thread back on track, don't reply about the messenger, but reply about the questions the messenger has asked.

thank you!

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by journey View Post
    The bottom line for this thread is simple: it's a con game. There is no secret regarding the definition of the Greek word pisteuo. The definition has been known for well over 2,000 years, and that definition has not changed.

Strong's

G4100

πιστεύω
    pisteuō
    pist-yoo'-o
    From G4102; to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), that is, credit; by implication to entrust (especially one’s spiritual well being to Christ): - believe (-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with.
    Total KJV occurrences: 248
    Journey,
    Are you saying you reject the definitions of pisteuo I have copied out of the strongs and Vines?

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    No, nope, and nah...

The surrender is built in.

You are stuck in Romans 7.

You need to get into Romans 8 - in light of Romans 1 - 5.

You're talking something YOU bring to the table. Romans 7 through...and...through.

That is not Grace motivation, that is your AA "step up to the plate and make that change" deal with some higher power that has absolutely nothing to do with the Cross nor its reason.

I swear; its as if you have concluded that Phillipians 3 is Paul standing up at an AA meeting...

That is not how Grace Motivation works. The Law proved one can not legislate anyone's morality.

O I'm sure you feel real good, and "o so much closer to God," with each time at bat and all that.

And O how you love Jesus and want that for one and all...

But that is not how Grace Motivation works...

Rather, faith; which worketh (is empowered) by (His great) love (wherewith He loved us such, that He died for us).

And the way that works is not "here's ten action steps for getting closer to God..."

Rather, as the Believer grows in knowledge of God's love for him in His Son by His Spirit through time in His Word learning about this great love wherewith He loved Him, this love empowers his walk in Him.

"No Help Wanted, Worker Bees Need Not Bother."

What does Paul tell the very assembly that would have driven you back to the bottle; you are so determined that others just sign on the dotted line of this Emancipation Annihilation of yours?

What did Paul write the Corinthians about all this?

2 Corinthians 1:24 Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

The faith OF Christ.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

See that - Grace Motivation!

2 Corinthians 5:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

He died that those he died for might be empowered by said love of His for them not to live unto themselves, but unto Him.

How? As one grows in an understanding of this great love of His wherewith He died for them.

As a mother and child's love naturally grows. It is not legislated!

It is not "see this Greek word here - follow it - make me happy!"

Look, grace is not grace unless it is willing to risk the abuse the Son risked - murdered under his warm sun, on His Earth, using wood and metal fashioned out of His creation, by His creation!

That is great love indeed! That is Grace!

I know, I know, but the Greek...

1 Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

End of distortion...
    I can see your understandably upset, but can you support your view of why Pisteuo in the strongs and Vines is not acceptable to you? Please only address the definitions I've copied word for word out of those two texts, in the OP.
    Last edited by Faither; March 1st, 2016 at 11:59 AM.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Faither;4635933]The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
    "faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Over the next few days i'm going to post on this thread,certain Scriptures with the vines dictionary meaning in place of the mistranslated words. It will be very hard for many to accept. But remember, this doesn't just affect you, your entire household and family will be affected by this.

Positive comments and good questions only. Please no, "I don't accept the Greek dictionary definitions."

1) John 3:16

English translation : "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever "believes" (mistranslation) in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Greek translation : "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever "pisteuo" surrenders their life and will to Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

2) John 5:24

English translation : "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and "believes" (mistranslation) in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."

Greek translation : " Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and "surrenders their life" (pisteuo) to Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."

The reason for the two different translations is the English language has no word for the Greek word Pisteuo. So taking out the mistranslated word "believes" and putting in the Greek definition of pisteuo gives us a better understanding of what the Greek texts were trying to convey.

Pisteuo is used 248 times in the Gospels alone. I'll continue to post the true meanings of other Scriptures

4) Rom. 3:22

English mistranslation : even the righteousness of God which is through Faith In Jesus Christ to all and on all who "believe". (mistranslated word "believe) For there is no difference;

Greek corrected translation : even the righteousness of God which is through Faith in Jesus Christ to all and on all who "surrender there lives to Him". (pisteuo) For there is no difference;

5) 1 Cor. 14:22,

English mistranslation: "Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; But prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe."

Corrected English translation from the Greek: Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who surrender their lives to Jesus but to those who surrender their lives to another Jesus; but prophesy is not for those who surrender their lives to someone other than the NT Christ but for those who do surrender their lives to the Jesus Christ of the NT.

The correct translation of "pisteuo", changes the meaning from a false understanding to a true understanding.

Over 1000 post club Jamie Gigliotti's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best translation of Pisteuo is trust. Trusting Christ makes the whole matter dependent upon Him. Cleansed by Him, full of Him, empowered by Him. Slaves of the Master.
    "But now that you have been set free from sin and become slaves to God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification, and it's end eternal life." Romans 6:22

The truth of Pisteuo is freeing.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I can see your understandably upset, but can you support your view of why Pisteuo in the strongs and Vines is not acceptable to you? Please only address the definitions I've copied word for word out of those two texts, in the OP.
    Actually, as I was writing that post, I found myself rejoicing in its's truths as I reflected on them, once more.

I have you to thank for that, in part.

Spoiler

For were you not on here promoting this version of Galatianism of yours, I would not be writing against it and in doing so, rejoicing once more in the Grace that is in Christ Jesus.

YOU were never the issue. YOU have NEVER been the issue in my words to you. The Lord and His Cross ALONE IS.

In this, my words to you are not about you but about your thought process and or assertions.

You would have picked up on this were you of the understanding in your life by now that words in dictionaries are neither for the purpose of opening them up for instant "one size fits all" contexts definitions, nor for cherry picking which of their often multiple choices better agrees with one's bias.

I have nothing against you. I do believe you have confused one thing for another in your zeal.

And that kind of confusing of one thing for another often follows the same pattern - emotions and situations in life taken to be "the Spirit's leading" that one is on the right track.

You have asserted that very thing in your own words several times.

I don't subscribe to that. It simply vanished away or ceased within me as I began to grow in my understanding of how God works today, this side of "that which us perfect" - the "perfect," FULL or complete revelation of His Mystery to and through the Apostle Paul by his writings: Romans thru Philemon.

That is how all these things work as to the no longer needed and or appropriate- they drop off as one grows in one's understanding of who God HAS made one IN His Son.

And that is arrived at through time in the Word learning about this Identity that the Spirit of God resident in one then empowers one's actions "by love" through.

Say a loved is ill and you are visiting with them and they are sleeping. What motivates how you feel as you look over at them? And what motivates your behavior as you strive to be quit that you not disturb them?

Love.

Agape is supposedly is an action. At least that is the cold, bereft of inner life impression one gets from dictionaries....

For what really matters; what the actually valid issue is, is what is motivating said action.

In contrast, what you are talking about continues to miss its mark all over Christian internet forums.

Look at all the bickering and need for personal attacks the legalism you are actually proposing has only resulted in throughout Christianity over the centuries and now, all over the internet.

Why? Because people "know in" their "heart" they "should behave better."

The very principle that, under the Law, had been meant to set the heart off against the very righteousness the law called for; that sin might appear what it is - sin that dwelleth within.

No, Faither, I am neither against you personally, nor upset in anyway, shape, or form.

Not only is animosity a useless using up of one's spiritual energy, but, I have learned to follow "Paul: The Apostle of the Heart Set Free."

Always did like that title by F.F. Bruce.

The best to you in this Faither.

Galatians 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Both the Body of Christ had settled this issue back in Acts 15.

And now, here some from both sides of the fence were not only once more at odds with Gentile status before God as to this principle, but had succeeded in sewing discord among both once more.

How? This idea of yours Faither, that the issue is this "self-improvement, get right with God" works of the flesh that you are so zealously promoting because that "FEELS right" to you.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Gigliotti View Post
    The best translation of Pisteuo is trust. Trusting Christ makes the whole matter dependent upon Him. Cleansed by Him, full of Him, empowered by Him. Slaves of the Master.
    "But now that you have been set free from sin and become slaves to God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification, and it's end eternal life." Romans 6:22

The truth of Pisteuo is freeing.
    So your saying you don't agree with the strongs and the Vines definitions.

Because you said Pisteuo is "trust", and trust is a noun which would be the Greek word Pistis.

trusting or trusting unto Christ is pisteuo. But we are providing the act of Trusting, not trusting in His trusting like your kind of saying.

The best picture of "pisteuo" is an old testament word for Faith. "the leaning on a staff with all of our weight behind it. That means our life is part of the act being of trusting. That is why the Definition of "pisteuo" by the vines is so important. Vines:"A personal surrender to Him". Surrender of what? Our lives!

You mentioned we are "slaves of the Master", we'll have you ever known any slaves that stand around watching the master do all the work. Yes, Christ has done a work that is the Grace deposit, "the staff". we are "faithing" into Him by leaning our entire being on the staff which is Christ. The leaning on that staff is a continual action "WE DO" which is what Pisteuo means and is defined in the strongs and the vines.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 807 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Journey,
    Are you saying you reject the definitions of pisteuo I have copied out of the strongs and Vines?
    I gave you ALL of the definition from Strong's. Try giving us ALL of the definition of whatever it is you are using and name the source.
    Jesus Christ Is God - See My Blogs

e-Sword - Great & Free Bible Study Software
    Official e-Sword download site (Freeware):
    http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html

Thousands of FREE add-on modules for e-Sword:
    http://www.biblesupport.com/

Romans 10:9-10 KJV That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

By the way, when a word is translated from one language to another, there is always the risk its intended sense just might end up "lost in translation" whether or not "the word for it" exists in the language it is being translated to.

Case in point, I just now used the word "lost."

What I'd meant by it will be determined, not by running off to some dictionary, and certainly, not by running off to that readymade, chockful of bias dictionary we all carry in our minds, but by how words are being used within what is being talked about.

This, for example, his how the phrase "drop a dime" came to refer to one thing at one place in time, but totally another, at another place in time.

HOW words are being used within the particular scope and context within which they are being used.

It is ever fascinating to me how many a Bible student ends up violating that.

This, as we harp on about how "well, it means what it says."

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

So your saying you don't agree with the strongs and the Vines definitions.

Because you said Pisteuo is "trust", and trust is a noun which would be the Greek word Pistis.

trusting or trusting unto Christ is pisteuo. But we are providing the act of Trusting, not trusting in His trusting like your kind of saying.

The best picture of "pisteuo" is an old testament word for Faith. "the leaning on a staff with all of our weight behind it. That means our life is part of the act being of trusting. That is why the Definition of "pisteuo" by the vines is so important. Vines:"A personal surrender to Him". Surrender of what? Our lives!

You mentioned we are "slaves of the Master", we'll have you ever known any slaves that stand around watching the master do all the work. Yes, Christ has done a work that is the Grace deposit, "the staff". we are "faithing" into Him by leaning our entire being on the staff which is Christ. The leaning on that staff is a continual action "WE DO" which is what Pisteuo means and is defined in the strongs and the vines.

On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,934 Times in 1,428 Posts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

thanks
    More important than the Greek word PISTEUO is the Hebrew word אֱמוּנָה 'emuwnah (faith) and the Hebrew word
    צַדִּיק tsaddiyq (just).

Habakkuk 2:4
    Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

אֱמוּנָה 'emuwnah - faith
    1. firmness
    2. security
    3. faithfulness, in fulfilling promises

צַדִּיק tsaddiyq - just
    1. just, righteous, used of a judge or king, who maintains the right and dispenses justice
    2. one who has a just cause
      1. in a forensic cause
      2. in assertion, one who speaks what is right and true, whence adv. rightly, truly
    3. of a private person, just towards other men, obedient to the laws of God; hence upright, honest, virtuous, pious
    Learn to read what is written.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thread Information