User Tag List

Page 6 of 117 FirstFirst ... 34567891656106 ... LastLast

Thread: "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by journey View Post
    Faither,

Please give your sources and definitions as written. I have Strong's, Vine's, Complete Word Study, and a dozen more dictionaries that don't have anything close to your definition for Pisteuo.

Strong's:

G4100

πιστεύω
    pisteuō
    pist-yoo'-o
    From G4102; to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), that is, credit; by implication to entrust (especially one’s spiritual well being to Christ): - believe (-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with.
    Total KJV occurrences: 248

G4102

πίστις
    pistis
    pis'-tis
    From G3982; persuasion, that is, credence; moral conviction (of religious truth, or the truthfulness of God or a religious teacher), especially reliance upon Christ for salvation; abstractly constancy in such profession; by extension the system of religious (Gospel) truth itself: - assurance, belief, believe, faith, fidelity.
    Total KJV occurrences: 244
    Pisteuo is 4100. the examples you gave are 4102.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 807 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Faither View Post
    Pisteuo is 4100. the examples you gave are 4102.
    I gave 4100 and 4102 because they are related. Read the first one: 4100. They do have labels and the word being defined.
    Jesus Christ Is God - See My Blogs

e-Sword - Great & Free Bible Study Software
    Official e-Sword download site (Freeware):
    http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html

Thousands of FREE add-on modules for e-Sword:
    http://www.biblesupport.com/

Romans 10:9-10 KJV That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,967 Times in 6,976 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that most are here because they are being drawn by the Father, so it's my responsibility to point out stumbling blocks along the way
    Romans 3

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference
    :

Go ahead and "fix" this bad translation for us.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Tambora (November 10th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley D View Post
    I agree with Faithers definition of pisteuo which includes believing.
    Romans 3

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference
    :

Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    Romans 3

:

The corrected translation is on page 69 for you, as I said on post 70 and now post 80.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by journey View Post
    I gave 4100 and 4102 because they are related. Read the first one: 4100. They do have labels and the word being defined.
    4102 is the Greek word "pistis" (the English word "Faith".) 4100 is the Greek word "pisteuo" the corresponding verb to "pistis." ( the English has no word for Pisteuo), that's what began this problem.

I copied the definition of pisteuo word for word out of the "new strongs expanded" and the "vines."

The vines says, "A personal surrender to Him" " and a life inspired by such surrender." We can ask, What am I surrendering? ( our life and will). Who are we surrendering our life and will to? (Jesus Christ)

In the strongs it simply says "commit unto". Commit unto who you can ask, ( we are committing our lives to Jesus Christ," and so on. The strngs goes onto say, "be committed unto," To commit ones trust." ( All committed to Jesus Christ) What are we committing to Jesus Christ? Our lives!

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Interplanner;4636910]

You can make it too big of an issue by being too conscious about it. People will 'volunteer freely on the day of His power' says Ps 2. In other words, it is not a matter of just jerking our will around with our nervous system, to do something. We have to be awash in the value, the inspiration, the worth of what needs to be done, to the point that we don't care how much surrender there is. At the end of the day, 'his yoke is easy and his burden is light.' Because there is love for what he wants done.
    It's still a burden, it's still a yoke.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    Just as Nick had been pointing out.

Your AA absolute surrender notion has you making a mockery of "the faith OF Christ" that Romans 3:22 is actually basically summarising IS the issue.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

What is this issue of "having begun in the Spirit..."? It is the issue of something that THE SPIRIT did the very moment in which they believed that Christ died for their sins...

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Some "Faither" came along to lay on the Galatians the fool notion they were to do something - that it was not as simple as taking as objective fact that Christ had died for their sins.

Its crystal clear for anyone willing to allow words to define their intended sense by HOW they are used.

One would have to be willingly blind to not see what Paul's contrast between "the hearing of faith" and "made perfect by the flesh" points to.

That the believing action is the hearing of faith. It is not a physical doing.

The hearing of faith is basically concluding a thing true.

It is an action of the mind...

To quote a former worker bee absolute surrenderist:

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

What is this "with the mind" business all about?

It is the issue, not of a physical action - he's proven that falls short - but of an already accomplished Identity the very moment one takes as fact "Christ died for my sins."

Look at it - "I am..." it is done.

And look where the source of the "work" comes from AFTER that - the same source - "the faith OF Christ."

Galatians 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

I have concluded you do not know what you are talking about. I have come to believe you are confused about this.

Whether I act on my belief or not does not change my having concluded you do not know what you are talking about.

That is the "faithing" Paul is talking about.

Here's one - I believe Donald Trump lives in Manhattan, NY.

Guess what? He does. In Trump Tower.

No action. None. That is what Romans 3 is talking about - deciding to take a thing as being fact.
    When you say the Faith OF Christ, that's another whole new discussion isn't it. Here, we are discussing "pisteuo". I thought you don't get hung up on words?

If I were trying to warn people about this mistranslation of the words believe, believer , and believing without first having the experience to support it, all your conclusions ( not knowing what I'm talking about) could be and most likely would be warranted. The problem for me and you is, I had the experiences talked about in the Word before I learned it. Life altering experiences, that no one could ignore. I don't see myself as anything special, i'm just having a by the book Salvation journey. These things should be happening to everyone here. I'm busting at the seams wanting to talk about Gods Word, but I know if this first piece of the puzzle isn't understood, nothing will happen.

So as for you and I, if you can't accept the Greek definitions of the word "pisteuo" used 248 times in the NT, we CAN"T talk about anything else.

Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The corrected translation is on page 69 for you, as I said on post 70 and now post 80.
    It is one sentence. You did not tell us what it really means.

Titus 1

Ephesians 5

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I need to tell you what everything means on the Salvation journey, your heart isn't right for surrender.

It's a simple concept, but a genuine surrender is hard for us to do.

Surrender is no deals, no half measures, it's not your life anymore.

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,871 Times in 2,894 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Regretabbly, he has traded in one bottle, for another - the hooch that is religious fanaticism.

Tell ya what; you hold em down, and I'll pour The Epistle of Paul to the Galatians down his throat, that oughta sober him up, lol

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,871 Times in 2,894 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If I need to tell you what everything means on the Salvation journey, your heart isn't right for surrender.

It's a simple concept, but a genuine surrender is hard for us to do.

Surrender is no deals, no half measures, it's not your life anymore.
    Contrary to the myth of most, a duck is not a duck because it looks like, walks like, and quacks like a duck...a duck is a duck because it is "born" a duck.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contrary to the myth of most, a duck is not a duck because it looks like, walks like, and quacks like a duck...a duck is a duck because it is "born" a duck.
    That's some heavy "theology " there danoh! I was really hoping the bar TOL has set here be a little higher.

Why are you even replying to this thread? Your the only one to say "no" I don't accept how the Greek dictionary defines "pisteuo". I gave you props for being honest! What now , you won't be happy until you misrepresent me over and over, or you feel I've been beaten enough. If that's what you got to do, do it and get it over with.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry , you can't pass go without surrendering your life to Jesus! That's what this is all about!

No easier softer way!

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Faith is pitis: faith, belief, trust, confidence; fidelity, faithfulness.

believe pisteuo: I believe, have faith in, trust in; pass: I am entrusted with.

The root of pitis is peíthō: I persuade, urge. Peitho also means obey/obeying. So faith which includes believe also includes obeying. If I have faith in God I will obey Him because God is everything. Not that anything I do can be counted to an account, which it cannot. It does mean that what good I do is for the love of God.

Thread Information