User Tag List

Page 74 of 117 FirstFirst ... 24647172737475767784 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1742

Thread: "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Faither View Post
    The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
    "faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Faith is the key to becoming a creator . Faith and faithing is a creating action as God and His Word produces everything . God lets us by hanging on His Word , become the catalyst that causes His Word to keep on creating . That's what faithing is ! It lets us join with God as elements in continuous creation . As the world that was formed by His Word , will one day be wiped out and recreated by His Word . We on the stage of this Word now become the exception when we look beyond the seen to the unseen . Look beyond the visible and latch onto the invisible hope that is declared by His Word . And by hanging onto it we literally crate on the stage of history continued expression and conformity with Gods expressed will , as the worlds themselves were created by His Word !

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    "Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this will we do, if God permit." Hebrews 6:1-3 (KJV) . .
    You really don't get it !

The Scripture you replied with is telling us not to "again " lay the foundation of Faith towards God .

How can you and others lay the foundation again when you haven't done it once , the first time ? Thats what i'm trying to show you .

If you aren't continually surrendering your lives to God , and living a life that supports that surrendered life , no foundation has been laid , the first time . If i knew you got it , and saw the appropriate fruit , we could talk about the things that be more beneficial to being perfected as we are in Christ .

I've gotten no agreement from anyone considering what true NT faith and faithing are . So how can that foundation have been laid ? We are outside the gate , outside of Christ , and i'm trying to point the way . But you refuse to submitt to the truth , you want to lay your own kind of foundation . So just go do it and let me point the way to those who want to find the right path .

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Faither;5171359]
    You really don't get it !

The Scripture you replied with is telling us not to "again " lay the foundation of Faith towards God .
    Which is an elementary teaching!!!

How can you and others lay the foundation again when you haven't done it once , the first time ? Thats what i'm trying to show you .
    That is pure self-righteous, arrogance! What makes you believe I, or anyone else, haven't? Who are you that you should accuse, should even believe that about anyone who claims Christ as Lord and Savior especially those emphasize their new birth, which you haven't as yet said you are?

Have you arrived? Seems so. How do think I "know" what I know to tell you, you are all wet by trying to make your faith-faithering "abstract" self-serving Gene Scott propaganda, into a law? It is NOT! You have wilfully gagged on a gnat while swallowing a camel by attempting to complicate the simple truth of salvation by Christ Jesus. What you have written could easily have been written using (2) words: "Love God". . .. Repent.
    "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Cross Reference;5171380]

Which is an elementary teaching!!!

That is pure self-righteous, arrogance! What makes you believe I, or anyone else, haven't? Who are you that you should accuse, should even believe that about anyone who claims Christ as Lord and Savior especially those emphasize their new birth, which you haven't as yet said you are?

Have you arrived? Seems so. How do think I "know" what I know to tell you, you are all wet by trying to make your faith-faithering "abstract" self-serving Gene Scott propaganda, into a law? It is NOT! You have wilfully gagged on a gnat while swallowing a camel by attempting to complicate the simple truth of salvation by Christ Jesus. What you have written could easily have been written using (2) words: "Love God". . .. Repent.
    Your own words have denied what i've presented to you ! You have dozens of acts that you understand is how we recieve His Spirit , but none of them are Fairth and faithing as I've presented . It's not your fault , i'm not trying to make you look less than in Christ , it was a mistranslation ! You didn't have a clue about it before you met me . And what do i get in return ? Personal attacks , name calling , misrepresentations , attacks on my teacher that i told you about in confidense ! Your not there yet ! To know that should be a thing of Joy because now you can do something about it . The down side is , you know the truth now and have no excuse to Faithe correctly , it up to you now .

And instead of another verse in personal attacks and misrepresentaion without a thank you , tell me somethung that should even open your eyes .

If we have the Spirit of Christ , we also have the "Mind of Christ ". Gods Word if you have a good teacher which your instructor has glimpses of , can show you many examples of what happens when the Spirit of Christ dwells in us . With that Gods Word can be parroted , giving people a manual of things to obey , rather than things that happen as the result of the regenerated surrendered life .

What Gods Word doesn't tell us is , what happens when we have the "mind of Christ ." So if you have the Spirit of Christ , you'll know what happens when you have the Mind of Christ . So tell us CR specifically , what is it like to have the mind of Christ ? What obvious daily happenings occur that only one with this gift would know ?

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Faither;5171421]

Your own words have denied what i've presented to you ! You have dozens of acts that you understand is how we recieve His Spirit , but none of them are Fairth and faithing as I've presented . It's not your fault , i'm not trying to make you look less than in Christ , it was a mistranslation ! You didn't have a clue about it before you met me . And what do i get in return ? Personal attacks , name calling , misrepresentations , attacks on my teacher that i told you about in confidense ! Your not there yet ! To know that should be a thing of Joy because now you can do something about it . The down side is , you know the truth now and have no excuse to Faithe correctly , it up to you now .

And instead of another verse in personal attacks and misrepresentaion without a thank you , tell me somethung that should even open your eyes .

If we have the Spirit of Christ , we also have the "Mind of Christ ". Gods Word if you have a good teacher which your instructor has glimpses of , can show you many examples of what happens when the Spirit of Christ dwells in us . With that Gods Word can be parroted , giving people a manual of things to obey , rather than things that happen as the result of the regenerated surrendered life .

What Gods Word doesn't tell us is , what happens when we have the "mind of Christ ." So if you have the Spirit of Christ , you'll know what happens when you have the Mind of Christ . So tell us CR specifically , what is it like to have the mind of Christ ? What obvious daily happenings occur that only one with this gift would know ?
    God's word warns about false teachers like you. I believe I am on safe ground by having read and understood the depth of your conceit. What you cite above in your empty comments testifies to what I written concerning you. Scott would be proud.
    "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Cross Reference;5171456]

God's word warns about false teachers like you. I believe I am on safe ground by having read and understood the depth of your conceit. What you cite above in your empty comments testifies to what I written concerning you. Scott would be proud.
    Answer my question ! God tells us to test the Spirits , are you saying you refuse that ?

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Faither;5171812]

Answer my question ! God tells us to test the Spirits , are you saying you refuse that ?
    When you begin to answer my questions in a genuine way, I will consider answering yours. I believe you know you never answer my questions..
    Last edited by Cross Reference; January 14th, 2018 at 07:48 PM.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Cross Reference;5171831]

When you begin to answer my questions in a genuine way, I will consider answering yours. I believe you know you never answer my questions..
    CR i have you on ignore ! i just keep giving you a chance from time to time to see if you can get past the messenger and focus on the message .

Because yo can't tell me anything about the mind of Christ , i'm putting you back in the corn field . if you want to talk like one of the lucky ones who are being drawn by the Father , and will do anything to find out what to do next , PM me .

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Faither;5172138]

CR i have you on ignore ! i just keep giving you a chance from time to time to see if you can get past the messenger and focus on the message .

Because yo can't tell me anything about the mind of Christ , i'm putting you back in the corn field . if you want to talk like one of the lucky ones who are being drawn by the Father , and will do anything to find out what to do next , PM me .
    LOL! Tragic. What conceit. Lucky ones, you say? Who needs God when we have you?

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
    "faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.
    Faithing or pisteuo in the OT was described in two pictorial words .

1) The running to the shelter of a mother birds wings . (focus on the continual act of running towards God ).

2) Leaning on a staff , with all your weight behind it . ( focus in on all your weight , your entire life being surrendered to the staff , which is Christ .)

So is also in the NT. NT saving faith and faithing is only one thing with only one object of Faith . That is a continual surrendering of our lives , and that continual surrender is directed towards God Himself , not only Gods Word .

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Faithing or pisteuo in the OT was described in two pictorial words .

1) The running to the shelter of a mother birds wings . (focus on the continual act of running towards God ).

2) Leaning on a staff , with all your weight behind it . ( focus in on all your weight , your entire life being surrendered to the staff , which is Christ .)

So is also in the NT. NT saving faith and faithing is only one thing with only one object of Faith . That is a continual surrendering of our lives , and that continual surrender is directed towards God Himself , not only Gods Word .
    "Believing", as put forth from scripture is sufficient for anyone, who reads for understanding, to grasp.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There it is ! You finally admit it ! You've built your entire understanding on a mistranslation !

There isn't even a word in the Greek language for the English word "believe".

And don't fly to a English Greek dictionary , because as it was mistranslated IN , it was also mistranslated back out again .

Building a life of Faith on "believing" is the wide path described by Jesus .

Most people just simply dont want to surrender anything for God .

But now the truth has found you and you'll be accountable for your response .

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There it is ! You finally admit it ! You've built your entire understanding on a mistranslation !

There isn't even a word in the Greek language for the English word "believe".

And don't fly to a English Greek dictionary , because as it was mistranslated IN , it was also mistranslated back out again .

Building a life of Faith on "believing" is the wide path described by Jesus .

Most people just simply dont want to surrender anything for God .

But now the truth has found you and you'll be accountable for your response .
    Funny that most any Christian knows what the word "believing" for salvation entails. I know that I do. So much for your unneeded interpretation that has you bring up the rear. You know nothing I need to understand as something fresh to my mind. I do wish you would understand that and move on, junior.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The word "believer " , this mistranslation , has become that Scripture that warns us of a teaching that will be accepted by everyone as truth , and fool even the elect .

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:roll eyes:

How much of a mis-translation do you think it was?
    Last edited by Cross Reference; January 29th, 2018 at 03:37 PM.

Thread Information