User Tag List

Page 83 of 116 FirstFirst ... 33738081828384858693 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1740

Thread: "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Your own source said that one of the meanings of the word is "to believe."

And what is the difference between the faith of Faithing Christians and Carnal Christians?
    Check this out, Jerry. Read the Table of contents. Read the first chapter re "Carnal Christians". Best I have ever had it explained to me and by Andrew Murray:

https://jesus.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/the-masters-indwelling.pdf
    Last edited by Cross Reference; July 11th, 2018 at 08:20 AM.
    "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Faither View Post
    The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
    "faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Fact 6 from the OP

6 ) The Greek word pisteuo could not be translated into the English language.

In the Greek language , they have the Greek word pistis , a noun , and pisteuo , the corresponding verb. Pisteuo is the action word the writers used to communicate how a specific action must be fulfilled to even have an opportunity to be in Christ.

The words and verb the English should have had for the translators are faithe , faither , and faithing. Simply adding the endings to our noun Faith to specifically communicate their messages.

Without those words being available , they had to choose an alternative word to try and translate pisteuo.

When they chose the words , believe , believer , and believing , they unknowingly changed the message the writers are communicating.

The true message is an initial surrendered life that must be accepted as genuine. A continuous surrender that must be tested in the parable of the sower. And an accepted surrendered life that God claims as His by sealing in His Spirit , the Grace deposit.

At this point it is harder to get out of His will than it is to stay in it.

The false message and what happened as the result of the translators using those words believe , believer , and believing , is that todays called out ones think as per the English mistranslation , only believing is required. That all we do is " believe " in what Christ did and said , accually accepting Him instead of Him accepting us.

And the most rediculous part is that todays called out ones think the Holy Spirit is sealed in us at that same moment of belief. That's just not possible ! However each of us understand pisteuo , is has to one be genuine , two be accepted as such , then tested in the parable of the sower where 3 out of the 4 fail! If the believe and recieve theology was true , those 3 that fail would have already had the Spirit of Christ in them. None of us are buying that.

The Salvation journey is a process of things and happenings , that must happen correctly and I the right order.

Questions on fact 6 ?

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your facts were at least a bit more correct than your error is, I could possibly have a question or two but, since you are simply parroting someone else, I will forego any i might have for the sake thread brevity. You never answer them anyway. So it is no big deal.
    "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    If your facts were at least a bit more correct than your error is, I could possibly have a question or two but, since you are simply parroting someone else, I will forego any i might have for the sake thread brevity. You never answer them anyway. So it is no big deal.
    Ya , there just simple facts . There's really no questions that can be asked. Just wanted anyone following to have an opportunity to address any concerns.

Fact 6 just address the point , that the Greek used a verb form of Faith , pisteuo , and the English language could not translate pisteuo because of no verb form available.

I'll spell it out .

The most important word in the Bible , how we faithe into Christ , could not be translated into the English . Therefore , it was mistranslated , putting nearly every person following Christ on a false ( the wide ) path.

When this truth comes to them , and they turn from it , they become willing particants in and on the wide path Christ warns us about.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll spell it out .

The most important word in the Bible , how we faithe into Christ , could not be translated into the English . Therefore , it was mistranslated , putting nearly every person following Christ on a false ( the wide ) path.

When this truth comes to them , and they turn from it , they become willing particants in and on the wide path Christ warns us about.
    AMAZING!! And you are the only one who holds the keys to the reason why. Interesting but unfortunately, only worthy of a good laugh.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AMAZING!! And you are the only one who holds the keys to the reason why. Interesting but unfortunately, only worthy of a good laugh.
    No questions , I'll move onto the next fact

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No questions , I'll move onto the next fact
    Wait! Wait!

I take it you believe God set you up to be the soul arbiter of this "new truth'? If not, who did and does he keep you balanced in your reasoning powers? . . just askin'

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't need to discover any new truth , we need to rediscover the old truth.
    The original truth.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't need to discover any new truth , we need to rediscover the old truth.
    The original truth.
    Who told you about it?

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who told you about it?
    Your having trouble with the milk of an English lesson. Why would I give you directions to a place that serves meat?
    Last edited by Faither; July 11th, 2018 at 06:11 PM.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
    "faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Here is the original OP.

May God's will be done .
    Last edited by Faither; July 11th, 2018 at 07:58 PM.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

July 12th

The spiritual society

"Till we all come … unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ" Eph. 4:13.

Rehabilitation means the putting back of the whole human race into the relationship God designed it to be in, and this is what Jesus Christ did in Redemption. The Church ceases to be a spiritual society when it is on the look-out for the development of its own organization. The rehabilitation of the human race on Jesus Christ’s plan means the realization of Jesus Christ in corporate life as well as in individual life. Jesus Christ sent apostles and teachers for this purpose—that the corporate Personality might be realized. We are not here to develop a spiritual life of our own, or to enjoy spiritual retirement; we are here so to realize Jesus Christ that the Body of Christ may be built up.

Am I building up the Body of Christ, or am I looking for my own personal development only? The essential thing is my personal relationship to Jesus Christ—“That I may know Him. “To fulfil God’s design means entire abandonment to him. Whenever I want things for myself, the relationship is distorted. It will be a big humiliation to realize that I have not been concerned about realizing Jesus Christ, but only about realizing what He has done for me.

‘My goal is God Himself, not joy nor peace,
    Nor even blessing, but Himself, my God.’

Am I measuring my life by this standard or by anything less?

Oswald Chambers

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is presented by a willing servant of the Lord Jesus Christ. Fueled by the Love for His called out ones , those being cross reference , all the members of this site , any any others who may be drawn to this message.

A faither .

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You wrote:

The bible is correct , we are justified by Faith . But the application of that Faith is the verb pisteuo . so if i were to just put the correct definition of pisteuo in that sentence it would read like this . "We are justified by the surrendering of our lives to Him , and living a life inspired by such surrender ." You want precise definitions , this is as precise as you can get imo.
    So why not accept the fact that every born again from above lives his life by the DNA of God Himself. Why do I limit it to the born again from above is because that relationship with God brings with it the hunger to know Him. Ergo, there is no need to emphasize, or over emphasise the two words you harp on that can only bring into question the sincerity of one's walking by faith as he understands it given the English definition in from the KJV of the word "believe"? Why not emphasise the need for the new birth that is the only venue for intimacy with God??

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You wrote:

So why not accept the fact that every born again from above lives his life by the DNA of God Himself. Why do I limit it to the born again from above is because that relationship with God brings with it the hunger to know Him. Ergo, there is no need to emphasize, or over emphasise the two words you harp on that can only bring into question the sincerity of one's walking by faith as he understands it given the English definition in from the KJV of the word "believe"? Why not emphasise the need for the new birth that is the only venue for intimacy with God??
    This thread describes in detail how the Salvation journey " BEGINS " ! ! ! How faithing into Christ '" STARTS " !!!

You are asking me to accept a fact we aren't even discussing here , which is a maintained , or mature Faithing in Christ. Why would I discuss that when there's no agreement on how Faith and faithing start , without His Spirit ?

Thread Information