Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

67 62.62%
  • No

38 35.51%
  • Not sure

2 1.87%
Page 663 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 1635636136536606616626636646656666737137631163 ... LastLast
Results 9,931 to 9,945 of 17777

Thread: The Trinity

Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 766 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    All should observe how you refuse to give a scripture.
    You are the one who proudly proclaim that you obey ALL of Jesus' commandments and He commanded 'sell all you have.' Take a deep breath first, please, and think about that for a moment.
    No man can come to God except through Christ. (Jn. 14:20)
    No man can come to Christ unless he comes through the Cross. (Jn. 3:16; Eph. 2:13–18)
    No man can come to the Cross without a denial of self. (Lk. 9:23–24)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lifeisgood For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (June 27th, 2017),JudgeRightly (June 27th, 2017),Tambora (June 27th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahaha What is your point?

We all know that scripture.

You claim Jesus is telling all to sell all they have and give it to the poor, but you do not acknowledge how Jesus tells him to come follow him.
    No, gt, you are saying that when you vociferously proclaim.

I, gt, proudly proclaim that I, gt, obey ALL of Jesus' commandments and He commanded 'sell all you have.' Take a deep breath first, please, and think about that for a moment.
    No man can come to Christ unless he comes through the Cross. (Jn. 3:16; Eph. 2:13–18)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lifeisgood For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (June 27th, 2017),JudgeRightly (June 27th, 2017),Tambora (June 27th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How sad that you have placed your salvation in Jesus being Michael the Archangel and you have said that there is not a verse in the Bible where an Archangel has saved anyone.

So, who is your Savior in your doctrine?
    How sad it is you can't read plain English. I clearly mentioned it changes nothing for me if i were to understand Jesus not being Michael.

The Father is my saviour, as is Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgood View Post
    The Bible has tons of verses about the Triunity of God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit).

You cannot even provide me with one verse in the Bible about Jesus being Michael the Archangel.
    Good, show me a single one that teaches the trinity.

Remember the trinity is the following, that God is one who is three person the Father son and HS, none of them are each other but all of them are co-equal, co-eternal.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 1,872 Posts

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NEVER made such statement. You on the other hand says I preach 'my, gt, gospel'. You must slow down a little bit, gt. You are letting your emotions get the best of you.
    You speak untruth. You do say it was only given to Paul. I rebuked you with scripture and you come back saying you didn't say it.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You believe in the trinity doctrine. Show where there are three different Gods making one, and I will show you three being same and only One God.
    The Bible proclaims the Triunity of God in Deut. 6:4 Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our Eloheem[PLURAL] is one[SINGULAR] Jehovah.

The Bible proclaims the Triunity of God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit).
    It is all there for all who want to see to see.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lifeisgood For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (June 27th, 2017),Tambora (June 27th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You speak untruth. You do say it was only given to Paul. I rebuked you with scripture and you come back saying you didn't say it.
    I, lifeisgood, have never made such statement, gt.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lifeisgood For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWL View Post
    How sad it is you can't read plain English. I clearly mentioned it changes nothing for me if i were to understand Jesus not being Michael.

The trinity doctrine is false, but let's talk more about Jesus being an archangel.

Can you show me how one angel's spirit can be in thousands and thousands of people the way Jesus is when he saves someone?

Thanks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Bible proclaims the Triunity of God in Deut. 6:4 Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our Eloheem[PLURAL] is one[SINGULAR] Jehovah.

The Bible proclaims the Triunity of God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit).
    It is all there for all who want to see to see.
    Hahahaha

Deuteronomy 4:35
    You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD is God; besides him there is no other.

Deuteronomy 4:39
    Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

Deuteronomy 6:4
    Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Isaiah 46:9
    Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.

Malachi 2:10
    Do we not all have one Father? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our ancestors by being unfaithful to one another?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,331 Posts

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Are you really that dense!? What they say is NOT THE SAME. What Peter and John say are the EXACT OPPOSITE of what Paul says.

This is what Paul says:

Prove you have repented by your deeds after you turn to God. Good deeds are the result of repentance and faith.

This is what Peter and John the Baptist say:

Work for repentance, produce fruit so that you become worthy of repentance, work for your salvation AND Repent so God will wipe away your sins.

He (Paul) says that good works are the result of faith, which is what grants us salvation. Faith, no works, for salvation.

John and Peter say works will result in being saved, but belief is also required on top of that.

GT, there's a true story that I've heard about recently (I won't say where from) where a pastor (no, not Pastor Enyart) needed his roof redone, so one of the members of his congregation offered to redo it for free, and so worked on it until it was finished. The next Sunday, the pastor mentioned how the man did the work for free and thanked him... And then said, intended as a joke, something along the lines of, "well, I guess it wasn't really free, because I took him out to lunch and paid for his food, so I guess you could say it was valued at a few cents per hour. Now, everyone laughed, but it was a joke in poor taste. The man did all the work for free, and then was insulted by the pastor saying his work was worth very little.

Another story (not entirely sure if it's true or not, but still has a valuable lesson) is one where a man's son loved to dive into the oceans surrounding the islands they lived on, and he would collect the oysters for their pearls. One day the boy saw one that was really deep, too deep to safely dive for, but seemed extremely valuable, so he dove for it, and managed to obtain it, and tried to swim back to the surface, but the damage had already been done, and the boy died a few days later. Now there was a missionary who came, and the man told him about his son, and the missionary told the man about Jesus, but the man wanted to pay for this salvation he heard about, but couldn't understand why the missionary said it couldn't be paid for with any amount of money. So the months went by, and it came time for the missionary to leave, and as he was about to leave, the man offered the beautiful pearl his son had died for to the missionary, who thought for a moment, and then pulled out his wallet and handed the man a twenty dollar bill (or whatever currency was used). The man, insulted, went into a fit about how the missionary was dishonoring his son by offering to pay for the gift, and the missionary said to him, "so to you yourself insult God by trying to pay Him for your salvation.

GT, the parallel you need to draw in your mind from these stories to the Bible is that working for the gift of salvation is an insult to God, who sent His only Son to die on the cross for us, a gift beyond value, and when you try to work for it, you're offering your measly pieces of wood and hay and stubble as a payment for his priceless gift to us.

GT, the only way to obtain salvation CANNOT be through works, because you cannot pay for the gift of Christ's blood on the cross. It is by grace through faith alone that we obtain salvation. No works required. You insult God when you say "one must work to be saved."
    Still waiting for a response to this ^^^

Hahahaha What is your point?
    You really are dense. Jesus says the one thing the man was lacking to enter the kingdom was that he needed to sell all he had. Do you think the standard was higher for him than it is the rest of Jesus' followers?

We all know that scripture.

You claim Jesus is telling all to sell all they have and give it to the poor, but you do not acknowledge how Jesus tells him to come follow him.
    You still don't get it, do you? If you keep one law, you must keep them all. Jesus command was follow him, AFTER you sell all you have and distribute it to the poor. Have you sold all you have? No? Then you can not yet follow Him until you do.

Jesus had a traveling ministry during the laying of the foundation.
    And?

The rich man was in front of Jesus and could not leave all and follow God in the flesh.
    And because he did not, he was not worthy of eternal life.

No one has to be a traveling minister anymore, the foundation has been laid.
    Then would you retract your claim that we must follow all of Jesus' commands?

Because according to you, we no longer have to give up all we have, yet Jesus is very clear, sell all you have and give it to the poor to have eternal life. You say we must follow all of His commands, and then you say in your very next post that we don't have to follow "sell all you have." So which is it, GT, Do we follow everything Jesus says or do we not?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I, lifeisgood, have never made such statement, gt.
    Do you really want me to go find it?

Since you say that it was not just Paul's gospel, are you admitting it wasn't just given to him?

Go ahead and say it then.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not biblical.

Remember the trinity is the following, that God is one who is three person the Father son and HS, none of them are each other but all of them are co-equal, co-eternal.

At the baptism of Jesus, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit were present. As soon as Jesus came up out of the water, "he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, ‘This is my Son, whom I love and with him I am well pleased’" (Matt. 3:16-17). The Father’s voice sounded from above and affirmed the Sonship of Jesus, and the Holy Spirit descended on him and empowered him.

At the end of the same Gospel, Jesus is resurrected, and he commissions the disciples to go into all the world and preach the gospel. These two verses are part of the Great Commission, which Evangelicals take seriously. "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit" ... (Matt 28:18-19).
    This passage also demonstrates Jesus’ early declaration of the Trinity/Triunity. Therefore, this doctrine comes from him, originally.

Christians believe that the entire New Testament is inspired. The Apostle Paul also affirms the doctrine of the Trinity. In his second letter to the Corinthians, he bids farewell to them: "May the grace of the Lord Jesus, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all" (2 Corinthians 13:14). Thus, Jesus and the Holy Spirit exist with the Father, and from their heavenly vantage point they are able to communicate grace, love, and fellowship to the believers (cf. Ephesians 4:4-6).

Peter says that the people of God "have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood" (1 Peter 1:2). It is clear from this verse that each person of the Trinity/Triunity has a function or role in the world. The Father chooses, the Spirit sanctifies, and Jesus redeems people with his blood that he shed on the cross.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lifeisgood For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you really want me to go find it?

Since you say that it was not just Paul's gospel, are you admitting it wasn't just given to him?

Go ahead and say it then.
    I have no idea what you are asking, gt.
    You're really on an emotion roller-coaster today worst than other days.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to lifeisgood For Your Post:

Tambora (June 27th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The trinity doctrine is false, but let's talk more about Jesus being an archangel.

Can you show me how one angel's spirit can be in thousands and thousands of people the way Jesus is when he saves someone?
    I think you would firstly need to show me how the scriptures don't allow for God to appoint an spirit/angel above everything and allows mankind to be redeemed through that spirit/angel. Your question is a loaded question where the respondent has to already have assumed that one of Gods spirit/angel is incapable of not being exalted enough to save mankind.

If you were to ask me why I personally believe Jesus is Michael I can answer, but such a loaded question requires some facts to be establish before answering.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahaha

Deuteronomy 4:35
    You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD is God; besides him there is no other.

Deuteronomy 4:39
    Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

Deuteronomy 6:4
    Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Isaiah 46:9
    Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.

Malachi 2:10
    Do we not all have one Father? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our ancestors by being unfaithful to one another?
    Thank you gt, for the wonderful verses.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to lifeisgood For Your Post:

Tambora (June 27th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still waiting for a response to this ^^^
    I have explained it to you MANY times that the works of the law that no one has to do anymore are the ceremonial works.

You really are dense. Jesus says the one thing the man was lacking to enter the kingdom was that he needed to sell all he had. Do you think the standard was higher for him than it is the rest of Jesus' followers?
    Jesus didn’t command all to do that.

You refuse to give the scripture where Jesus commands all to do that.

Those preaching the gospel with him were to do that, not all.

We are not all rich men who chose their riches over God.

You still don't get it, do you? If you keep one law, you must keep them all. Jesus command was follow him, AFTER you sell all you have and distribute it to the poor. Have you sold all you have? No? Then you can not yet follow Him until you do.
    Hahahaha give the law where all are told to sell all they have.

And?

And because he did not, he was not worthy of eternal life.

Then would you retract your claim that we must follow all of Jesus' commands?
    Jesus doesn’t command all to do that.

You are hard and rebellious.

You want to tell untruths about what happened so that you can say, “See, no one has to obey anything Jesus says because you would have to be homeless.”

You are a worker of iniquity.

Because according to you, we no longer have to give up all we have, yet Jesus is very clear, sell all you have and give it to the poor to have eternal life. You say we must follow all of His commands, and then you say in your very next post that we don't have to follow "sell all you have." So which is it, GT, Do we follow everything Jesus says or do we not?
    In your ugly doctrine, tell me if the poor are to give up all that they received, or are they sinners for not?

You have no understanding and it is because you follow the flawed teachings of men instead of having Jesus reveal himself to you:

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Thread Information