Thanks
    Thanked 27,067 Times in 18,207 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    You friend, are a broken record. In over 13 months I haven't seen you post anything but anti Trinity bunk. You are obsessed with it.
    You're right. LA just doesn't have what it takes to create relevant
    posts/threads. She needs to stay with what she's good at. That is,
    making death predictions about her fellow posters. She's TOLs
    Nostradamus. Only, she never gets it right for some reason?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

LoneStar (September 10th, 2016),Tambora (June 21st, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    Is the Trinity biblical?
    Is the Trinity taught in the Bible?
    Scripture mentions three, but they are one. God is not a person, he is Spirit.
    Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
    Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
    Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iamaberean For Your Post:

popsthebuilder (May 26th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaberean View Post
    Spirit is the nature of a person, place, or thing. A soul is both body and spirit. If God is not a person, then He does not exist.

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
    Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
    One God and Father of all. There are many so called gods, but there is only one person who is truly God, and that is Yahwah; AKA the Holy Spirit.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,688 Times in 2,182 Posts

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Moved to here from a thread not set up for 'debate' of the trinitarian view

Debating trinity is important. If one can not prove it with scripture then they are wrong:

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Can you explain this a bit further?
    How do you see these three verses as supporting a triune view?
    and from here in thread:
    I think 'one' comes through clearly although each is listed separately. I may have seen this explained before but think I've forgotten. Thanks.
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CherubRam View Post
    Spirit is the nature of a person, place, or thing. A soul is both body and spirit. If God is not a person, then He does not exist.
    Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
    Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
    Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Notice the word Spirit (capital 'S'), and spirit in the above. We worship in spirit, but God is the Spirit.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Notice the word Spirit (capital 'S'), and spirit in the above. We worship in spirit, but God is the Spirit.

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Caino View Post
    Judaism had no concept of God having a Son. While the Trinity had been known and taught long before Judaism evolved, the monotheistic battle of the Israelites against the multiple Gods of surrounding cultures left no room for a Triune deity in Hebrew Theology.

The truth that God has a creator Son who created this world was revealed in the life of Jesus.
    That's not true if you read Exodus 4:22,23. "Israel is My son; let My son go that he may serve Me." That's a conception of God having a son. The problem with Judaism is for God to have a son without a biological father. That, yes, makes of God one among the Olympia pantheon of Greek Mythology and the son akin to the demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. (Mat. 1:18)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Masada View Post
    That's not true if you read Exodus 4:22,23. "Israel is My son; let My son go that he may serve Me." That's a conception of God having a son. The problem with Judaism is for God to have a son without a biological father. That, yes, makes of God one among the Olympia pantheon of Greek Mythology and the son akin to the demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. (Mat. 1:18)
    Face palm! Not that kind of exaggerated Son conceived in recollection from the Babylonion editors, a Divine creator Son as in Jesus Christ who is from the beginning, created the earth and has all power and authority in heaven and on earth.

And hey Ben, did you find the courage to critique the Cannanites/Israelites Torah the way you do the New Testament?

"Mortal man was never the property of the archdeceivers. Jesus did not die to ransom man from the clutch of the apostate rulers and fallen princes of the spheres. The Father in heaven never conceived of such crass injustice as damning a mortal soul because of the evil doing of his ancestors."UB

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are also spirits in the flesh.
    Hebrews 12:9
    Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live!

Enoch 46:2
    He answered and said to me, This is the Son of man, to whom righteousness belongs; with whom righteousness has dwelt; and who will reveal all the treasures of that which is concealed: for the Lord of spirits has chosen him; and his portion has surpassed all before the Lord of spirits in everlasting uprightness.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,704 Times in 11,655 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
    The Holy Spirit is the Fathers Spirit which begat Jesus.

and the Holy Spirit "as a third person" does not get a mention in the Bible.

1Ti 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;

1Co 1:1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,
    1Co 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
    1Co 1:3 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
    1Co 1:4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;
    Yes, I remember now that you are anti Trinity also. I guess all the anti Trins end up on TOL because TOL lets you post here. All other Christian forums will ban you. Fortunately you haven't convinced any true believers of your false teachings.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 drops of water becomes one in the ocean.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the Trinity biblical?
    Question.

What is the purpose of this poll?

Is truth based on a vote or is truth independent of what people say is true?

John 17:17 God's word is truth.
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

Thanks
    Thanked 1,232 Times in 1,087 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the Trinity biblical?
    The NT speaks of our Father in heaven, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. However, I find it impossible to think of the Holy Spirit as a person.

Jesus compared the Holy Spirit to rivers of living waters. A river is not a person.

He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water. But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
    (John 7:38-39 NKJV)

What happened to the Holy Spirit while Jesus was not yet glorified?

Jesus said to the woman of Samaria, "but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life." (John 4:14 NKJV)

How can a person be compared to a fountain of water?

...for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes. (Revelation 7:17 NKJV)

Again we have the reference to fountains of waters, not a person.

It's not possible for me to think of the Holy Spirit as anything other than a manifestation of God's Spirit, i.e., his power.

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Caino View Post
    Face palm! Not that kind of exaggerated Son conceived in recollection from the Babylonion editors, a Divine creator Son as in Jesus Christ who is from the beginning, created the earth and has all power and authority in heaven and on earth.

And hey Ben, did you find the courage to critique the Cannanites/Israelites Torah the way you do the New Testament?
    Tell me what in the Torah needs criticism and we can talk.

Thread Information