User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is the Trinity biblical and taught in the Bible

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    69 60.53%
  • No

    42 36.84%
  • Not sure

    3 2.63%
Page 1596 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 5961096149615461586159315941595159615971598159916061646 ... LastLast
Results 23,926 to 23,940 of 24771

Thread: The Trinity

  1. #23926
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    6,866
    Thanks
    21,328
    Thanked 6,143 Times in 3,908 Posts

    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147595
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    To the Listener;

    We are to obey Jesus' words, and don't be afraid to obey because you might have to give your house away and then not be able to tell anyone about Jesus. That is the nonsense faith alone people are saying we would have to do to obey Jesus.
    Do you, GT, keep the dietary laws?

  2. #23927
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,300
    Thanks
    10,628
    Thanked 18,223 Times in 10,381 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147677

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    To the Listener;

    We are to obey Jesus' words, and don't be afraid to obey because you might have to give your house away and then not be able to tell anyone about Jesus. That is the nonsense faith alone people are saying we would have to do to obey Jesus.
    Dear LostSoul,

    Salvation comes by grace through faith.
    Obedience to Christ is what we should do 100%, but it is NOT how someone receives salvation by grace through faith.

    Your claim that you are saved BECAUSE you obey "everything that Jesus said" is clearly gross arrogance and ignorance on your part and not faith in Christ and His work on the cross.

    The gift of God is out of your reach because you will not accept that your obedience will not earn you God's favor.

    Christ died for the ungodly, but you are perfect without Him... so you don't qualify.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (January 12th, 2018),lifeisgood (January 12th, 2018),Tambora (January 13th, 2018)

  4. #23928
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Do you, GT, keep the dietary laws?
    The dietary law for cleanliness is no more.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  5. #23929
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Dear LostSoul,

    Salvation comes by grace through faith.
    Grace is that we only have to have faith that Jesus' blood cleans us of the sins we repent of and we don't have to get the blood of animals, just to go to an earthly temple, for the saved become the temple.

    Grace is not "Have faith and do not obey to get saved".

    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post

    Obedience to Christ is what we should do 100%, but it is NOT how someone receives salvation by grace through faith.
    I am glad to hear that you speak that we are to obey Jesus.

    However, you are wrong when you say it is not how one gets saved.

    You are now preaching falseness and hindering people from getting saved.

    People such as yourself have caused my life much regret and hardship.

    Jesus tells us WHO he saves and why.

    Jesus tells us HOW to get saved.

    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post

    Your claim that you are saved BECAUSE you obey "everything that Jesus said" is clearly gross arrogance and ignorance on your part and not faith in Christ and His work on the cross.
    It is NEVER EVER EVER wrong to obey God. Obeying God is not the evil detractor from the truth.

    God did NOT nail the command to 'obey' to the cross.

    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post

    The gift of God is out of your reach because you will not accept that your obedience will not earn you God's favor.
    I do what Jesus says to do to get saved and I preach it.

    God does NOT give the gift to just anyone.

    God gives the gift to those He chooses to give it.

    God tells us who those people are and He tells us WHAT TO DO to be that person.

    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post

    Christ died for the ungodly, but you are perfect without Him... so you don't qualify.
    You talk as if you are in la la land. You say I don't qualify as the person Jesus saves. If I was perfect without him then why in the world would I do what HE SAYS?

    Jesus would not have saved me if I had not repented. Jesus only saves those who repent of their sins.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

    popsthebuilder (January 13th, 2018)

  7. #23930
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,300
    Thanks
    10,628
    Thanked 18,223 Times in 10,381 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147677

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Grace is that we only have to have faith that Jesus' blood cleans us of the sins we repent of and we don't have to get the blood of animals, just to go to an earthly temple, for the saved become the temple.

    Grace is not "Have faith and do not obey to get saved".
    You are just like a broken record. Salvation comes by faith.

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    I am glad to hear that you speak that we are to obey Jesus.

    However, you are wrong with you say it is not how one gets saved.
    I just believe God's Word and NOT you.

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You are now preaching falseness and hindering people from getting saved.
    No, that would be you.

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    People such as yourself have caused my life much regret and hardship.
    Boo hoo. You get called out by the body of Christ because you preach a FALSE "gospel" of yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Jesus tell us WHO he saves and why.

    Jesus tells us HOW to get saved.
    Indeed He does; by grace through faith.

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    It is NEVER EVER EVER wrong to obey God. Obeying God is not the evil detractor from the truth.

    God did NOT nail the command to 'obey' to the cross.
    You are obsessed with YOURSELF.

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    I do what Jesus says to do to get saved and I preach it.

    God does NOT give the gift to just anyone.
    Only those that accept the FREE GIFT.... of which you are not one.

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    God gives the gift to those He chooses to give it.

    God tells us who those people are and He tells us WHAT TO DO to be that person.
    Trust God and accept the FREE GIFT of salvation.

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You talk as if you are n la la land. You say I don't qualify as the person Jesus saves. If I was perfect without him then why in the world would I do what HE SAYS?

    Jesus would not have saved me if I had not repented. Jesus only saves those who repent of their sins.
    Everyone that accepts the FREE GIFT of salvation by grace through faith has repented.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (January 12th, 2018),lifeisgood (January 12th, 2018),Tambora (January 13th, 2018)

  9. #23931
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    You are just like a broken record. Salvation comes by faith.
    You are a hypocrite and one who goes against the truth. You go against the truth by repeatedly accusing me and slandering me while you repeatedly say salvation comes by faith.

    Believe what the Bible says.

    The Bible says faith alone is dead. It is like a rotting corpse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post

    I just believe God's Word and NOT you.
    You believe some false teacher who teaches faith without obedience saves; dead faith does not save.

    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post

    No, that would be you.


    Boo hoo. You get called out by the body of Christ because you preach a FALSE "gospel" of yourself.


    Indeed He does; by grace through faith.


    You are obsessed with YOURSELF.


    Only those that accept the FREE GIFT.... of which you are not one.


    Trust God and accept the FREE GIFT of salvation.


    Everyone that accepts the FREE GIFT of salvation by grace through faith has repented.
    You sound like every other person in falseness.

    Try addressing the scriptures I give.

    I would like you to post them once in a while and actually say what they say. lol I would hear you say things like 'faith alone is dead', 'don't be deceived', etc.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

    popsthebuilder (January 13th, 2018)

  11. #23932
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,300
    Thanks
    10,628
    Thanked 18,223 Times in 10,381 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147677

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You are a hypocrite and one who goes against the truth. You go against the truth by repeatedly accusing me and slandering me while you repeatedly say salvation comes by faith.
    You're confused as usual.

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Believe what the Bible says.
    I do; you don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    The Bible says faith alone is dead. It is like a rotting corpse.
    It does NOT say that salvation comes by faith PLUS works.

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You believe some false teacher who teaches faith without obedience saves; dead faith does not save.
    Eph 2:4-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, (2:5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) (2:6) And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus: (2:7) That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

    And YET you boast away!

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You sound like every other person in falseness.
    You're a liar.

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Try addressing the scriptures I give.

    I would like you to post them once in a while and actually say what they say. lol I would hear you say things like 'faith alone is dead', 'don't be deceived', etc.
    Faith PLUS works is NOT for salvation.... boaster!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (January 12th, 2018),lifeisgood (January 12th, 2018),Tambora (January 13th, 2018)

  13. #23933
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    You're confused as usual.


    I do; you don't.


    It does NOT say that salvation comes by faith PLUS works.

    Eph 2:4-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, (2:5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved (2:6) And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus: (2:7) That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

    And YET you boast away!


    You're a liar.


    Faith PLUS works is NOT for salvation.... boaster!
    Faith without right action is dead and cannot save anyone.

    Faith alone is mentioned one time in the KJV and it tells us what kind of faith not to have. LOL
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

    popsthebuilder (January 13th, 2018)

  15. #23934
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,300
    Thanks
    10,628
    Thanked 18,223 Times in 10,381 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147677

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Faith without right action is dead and cannot save anyone.

    Faith alone is mentioned one time in the KJV and it tells us what kind of faith not to have. LOL
    You are stuck in your misunderstand and your inability to rightly divide the word of truth. You think that James is writing to you and your twelve tribes.

    Jas 1:1 (AKJV/PCE)
    (1:1) James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

    Since you cannot even begin to understand ANY of the scripture in the CONTEXT in which it is written, you are blown to and fro.

    P.S. What does this have to do with the OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (January 12th, 2018),lifeisgood (January 12th, 2018),Tambora (January 13th, 2018)

  17. #23935
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    You are stuck in your misunderstand and your inability to rightly divide the word of truth. You think that James is writing to you and your twelve tribes.

    Jas 1:1 (AKJV/PCE)
    (1:1) James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

    Since you cannot even begin to understand ANY of the scripture in the CONTEXT in which it is written, you are blown to and fro.

    P.S. What does this have to do with the OP?
    You are the one who keeps saying in every thread that I go in that I say I obey everything Jesus commands but am lying.

    As for James, he physically spoke to the Jews, and speaks to all who read his writings.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

    popsthebuilder (January 13th, 2018)

  19. #23936
    Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,901
    Thanks
    419
    Thanked 2,627 Times in 1,643 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    558929
    If you say you are saved, it is absolutely going to show up in your life. You are going to be keeping the commandments of God. You do not keep the commandments of God in order to be saved; you keep the commandments of God because you are saved.
    If any of my views seem to be strange or new to you, it is to be hoped that you will not close your mind to them, but will emulate the noble Bereans, and not only read and study the chapters would discuss, but will also search the Scriptures to see whether these things be so.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drbrumley For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (January 13th, 2018),popsthebuilder (January 13th, 2018)

  21. #23937
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    If you say you are saved, it is absolutely going to show up in your life. You are going to be keeping the commandments of God. You do not keep the commandments of God in order to be saved; you keep the commandments of God because you are saved.
    Jesus says you will NOT ENTER unless you humble yourself and repent of your sins.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  22. #23938
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,869
    Thanks
    3,019
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,181 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    64747
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    You're confused as usual.


    I do; you don't.


    It does NOT say that salvation comes by faith PLUS works.

    Eph 2:4-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, (2:5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved (2:6) And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus: (2:7) That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

    And YET you boast away!


    You're a liar.


    Faith PLUS works is NOT for salvation.... boaster!
    "Boo hoo. You get called out by the body of Christ because you preach a FALSE "gospel" of yourself

    You are obsessed with YOURSELF."

    That is called proud hypocrisy and elitism.

    You would do well to turn from it; repent.



    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  23. #23939
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,869
    Thanks
    3,019
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,181 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    64747
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    What sins would you like to keep doing and why?
    None of them. I don't want to do them because they pull away from what is good right and truth.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  24. #23940
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,869
    Thanks
    3,019
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,181 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    64747
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    So I take it that you are not, in fact, going to respond to this?:
    It doesn't; it shows that GOD gave Him power over death which we all know.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us