Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

67 62.62%
  • No

38 35.51%
  • Not sure

2 1.87%
Page 1164 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 16466410641114115411611162116311641165116611671174 ... LastLast
Results 17,446 to 17,460 of 17777

Thread: The Trinity

Thanks
    Thanked 10,470 Times in 6,139 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    I think you are playing games; however, since I love talking about God's Truth, I will post the questions for you soon.
    If you mean yourself, sure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 12th, 2017),JudgeRightly (October 12th, 2017),lifeisgood (October 13th, 2017)

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,866 Times in 1,737 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Which trinitarian would like to tell me which spirit the Father was speaking about, the man spirit of Jesus, or the Holy Spirit, because glorydaz said Jesus had a spirit of a man and a different Spirit, the Holy Spirit:

Galatians 4:6
    And because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!" (CSB translation)

Romans 8:9
    You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. (Unknown translation)

Romans 8:15
    For you did not receive a spirit of slavery that returns you to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!" (Unknown translation)
    Please try to attribute the actual various translations you cherry-pick from in hopes of making your points.

AMR
    WARNING: Embedded link content that may be in my post above or the many embedded links my sig below are not for the faint of heart.

Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ask Mr. Religion For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 12th, 2017),JudgeRightly (October 12th, 2017),lifeisgood (October 13th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 1,872 Posts

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    Please try to attribute the actual various translations you cherry-pick from in hopes of making your points.

AMR
    Show me a translation that says differently than what I posted the scripture says.

You can't prove it but let's see if you try.

I think that you won't even try, because you start to debate me and usually don't come back to answer questions.

By the way, I have not used CSB.

WHY haven't you answered the question I made in that post? Why did you merely come to complain?

Since you are the admired trinitarian scholar here, why didn't you answer the question?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,866 Times in 1,737 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

God's Truth Quotes Scripture Passages That Cannot Be Identified

Show me a translation that says differently than what I posted the scripture says.

You can't prove it but let's see if you try.

I think that you won't even try, because you start to debate me and usually don't come back to answer questions.

By the way, I have not used CSB.

WHY haven't you answered the question I made in that post? Why did you merely come to complain?
    You used the CSB for Galatians 4:6. End of discussion on that point. Look it up yourself or click the links I provided for the various translations available.

The others are just something you have made up or are so obscure that why would anyone bother to have a discussion about Scripture when what is being put forth as Scripture has no evidence? Are you making up your own translations? Paraphrasing to suit your purposes? If you are, then make it clear to the reader. If not, then attribute the sources you are drawing upon with all your underlining, thinking the matter is settled.

By the way, all your questions about "which Spirit?" were thoroughly answered here:
    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...e-Holy-Trinity

I never realized until now just how fast and loose you are treating the word of God. It might just explain a few things. All future readers of your quotes from Scripture are now on notice to actually verify what you claim to quote against the available English translations.

AMR
    WARNING: Embedded link content that may be in my post above or the many embedded links my sig below are not for the faint of heart.

Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ask Mr. Religion For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 12th, 2017),lifeisgood (October 14th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    No. Even if I could, I'd prefer if you could list them all in one place so they can be answered all at once.
    Which trinitarian would like to tell me which spirit the Father was speaking about, the man spirit of Jesus, or the Holy Spirit, because glorydaz said Jesus had a spirit of a man and a different Spirit, the Holy Spirit:

See John 14:23.

And,
    And because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!"

You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

For you did not receive a spirit of slavery that returns you to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!"

First Question:

Which spirit the Father was speaking about, the man spirit of Jesus, or the Holy Spirit,

As for the other question, I would like to know what is the official consensus of the trinitarian doctrine here because there have been different scenarios by trinitaians here.

A. God the Father Spirit, Jesus the Son another Spirit, and the Holy Spirit another Spirit Person? That makes three different Spirits/three different Persons.

or,

B. God the Father is not a Spirit but a Person, the Son another different Person, and the Holy Spirit a Person too and also a Spirit the Spirit for the Father and Son? If yes, then what about Jesus the man's Spirit? There is two Spirits then in that scenario.

Second Question:

Which of the two scenarios is the trinitarian belief?

Thanks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You used the CSB for Galatians 4:6. End of discussion on that point. Look it up yourself or click the links I provided for the various translations available.
    No, I did not. If it says the same as another than that is your problem not mine.

The others are just something you have made up or are so obscure that why would anyone bother to have a discussion about Scripture when what is being put forth as Scripture has no evidence?
    Is that your excuse for not being able to answer trinitarian beliefs?

You can use any translation you want to use. I will debate anyone using the translation they would like to use.

Are you making up your own translations? Paraphrasing to suit your purposes? If you are, then make it clear to the reader. If not, then attribute the sources you are drawing upon with all your underlining, thinking the matter is settled.
    I don't make up scripture.

By the way, all your questions about "which Spirit?" were thoroughly answered here:
    I am not going to go off to your links.
    I am discussing it here.
    If you can't answer it here than maybe someone else can.
    I am not going to debate by going back and forth to your links and trying to pull answers out of you.

I never realized until now just how fast and loose you are treating the word of God. It might just explain a few things. All future readers of your quotes from Scripture are now on notice to actually verify what you claim to quote against the available English translations.

AMR
    You are trying to slander me and that says a lot about you.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

I never realized until now just how fast and loose you are treating the word of God. It might just explain a few things.

AMR
    Oh the irony. Ezek 36:26

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

(2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

Tambora (October 13th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Exclamation

See John 14:23.

And,
    And because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!"

You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

For you did not receive a spirit of slavery that returns you to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!"

First Question:

Which spirit the Father was speaking about, the man spirit of Jesus, or the Holy Spirit,

As for the other question, I would like to know what is the official consensus of the trinitarian doctrine here because there have been different scenarios by trinitaians here.

A. God the Father Spirit, Jesus the Son another Spirit, and the Holy Spirit another Spirit Person? That makes three different Spirits/three different Persons.

or,

B. God the Father is not a Spirit but a Person, the Son another different Person, and the Holy Spirit a Person too and also a Spirit the Spirit for the Father and Son? If yes, then what about Jesus the man's Spirit? There is two Spirits then in that scenario.

Second Question:

Which of the two scenarios is the trinitarian belief?
    The Spirit of Christ is God.

One God, three persons.... just like the Bible says.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

lifeisgood (October 14th, 2017),Tambora (October 13th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    The Spirit of Christ is God.

One God, three persons.... just like the Bible says.
    You are not answering the questions as I asked them.

Is Jesus' spirit when he walked the earth the spirit of a man, or is it the Holy Spirit of God?

Is the Father a Spirit, the Son a different Spirit, and the Holy Spirit a different Spirit?

Why is that you are evasive to my questions?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,331 Posts

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GT hates clicking on links because she's scared that what she'll find will prove her wrong.

The others are just something you have made up or are so obscure that why would anyone bother to have a discussion about Scripture when what is being put forth as Scripture has no evidence? Are you making up your own translations? Paraphrasing to suit your purposes? If you are, then make it clear to the reader. If not, then attribute the sources you are drawing upon with all your underlining, thinking the matter is settled.
    She utterly disregards the meaning of the original words used to write the Bible, what makes you think that coming up with her own translations is something she wouldn't do?

AMR
    Agreed. They would do one better to see what the text says in the original language as well.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (October 12th, 2017),glorydaz (October 12th, 2017),lifeisgood (October 13th, 2017),Tambora (October 13th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,652 Posts

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Maybe because they are wary of the questions of a heretic.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (October 12th, 2017),glorydaz (October 12th, 2017),JudgeRightly (October 12th, 2017),lifeisgood (October 13th, 2017),Right Divider (October 12th, 2017),Tambora (October 13th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    Maybe because they are wary of the questions of a heretic.
    That doesn't make sense.

Who holds back God's Truth?

If the trinity doctrine is God's Truth, then I can be persuaded.

However, no one here will speak what their beliefs mean in detail.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Is Jesus' spirit when he walked the earth the spirit of a man, or is it the Holy Spirit of God?

Is the Father a Spirit, the Son a different Spirit, and the Holy Spirit a different Spirit?

The Spirit of Christ is God. Do you not understand PLAIN ENGLISH?

ONE SPIRIT, ONE GOD, THREE PERSONS.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (October 12th, 2017),JudgeRightly (October 12th, 2017),lifeisgood (October 14th, 2017),Tambora (October 13th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GT hates clicking on links because she's scared that what she'll find will prove her wrong.
    You are wrong. Your statement doesn't make sense either. I am trying to get serious questions answered and no trinitarian is able to.

She utterly disregards the meaning of the original words used to write the Bible, what makes you think that coming up with her own translations is something she wouldn't do?
    I do no such thing.

Agreed. They would do one better to see what the text says in the original language as well.
    Teaching that someone would know God's Truth better if one learned two different languages is not truth.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,652 Posts

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That doesn't make sense.

Who holds back God's Truth?

If the trinity doctrine is God's Truth, then I can be persuaded.

However, no one here will speak what their beliefs mean in detail.
    Over 17,000 posts and you don't get it. It has been explained more than once. You just do not want to accept it.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (October 12th, 2017),glorydaz (October 12th, 2017),JudgeRightly (October 12th, 2017),lifeisgood (October 13th, 2017),Tambora (October 13th, 2017)

Thread Information