User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is the Trinity biblical and taught in the Bible

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    67 62.62%
  • No

    38 35.51%
  • Not sure

    2 1.87%
Page 1164 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 16466410641114115411611162116311641165116611671174 ... LastLast
Results 17,446 to 17,460 of 17777

Thread: The Trinity

  1. #17446
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    9,451
    Thanks
    6,529
    Thanked 10,470 Times in 6,139 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147627

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    I think you are playing games; however, since I love talking about God's Truth, I will post the questions for you soon.
    If you mean yourself, sure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

    Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

    Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

    The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    glorydaz (October 12th, 2017),JudgeRightly (October 12th, 2017),lifeisgood (October 13th, 2017)

  3. #17447
    ☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona USA
    Posts
    5,948
    Thanks
    3,134
    Thanked 2,866 Times in 1,737 Posts

    Blog Entries
    143
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147670
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Which trinitarian would like to tell me which spirit the Father was speaking about, the man spirit of Jesus, or the Holy Spirit, because glorydaz said Jesus had a spirit of a man and a different Spirit, the Holy Spirit:

    Galatians 4:6
    And because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!" (CSB translation)

    Romans 8:9
    You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. (Unknown translation)

    Romans 8:15
    For you did not receive a spirit of slavery that returns you to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!" (Unknown translation)
    Please try to attribute the actual various translations you cherry-pick from in hopes of making your points.

    AMR
    WARNING: Embedded link content that may be in my post above or the many embedded links my sig below are not for the faint of heart.



    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?



  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ask Mr. Religion For Your Post:

    glorydaz (October 12th, 2017),JudgeRightly (October 12th, 2017),lifeisgood (October 13th, 2017)

  5. #17448
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    29,188
    Thanks
    1,821
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 1,872 Posts

    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    163227
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    Please try to attribute the actual various translations you cherry-pick from in hopes of making your points.

    AMR
    Show me a translation that says differently than what I posted the scripture says.

    You can't prove it but let's see if you try.

    I think that you won't even try, because you start to debate me and usually don't come back to answer questions.

    By the way, I have not used CSB.

    WHY haven't you answered the question I made in that post? Why did you merely come to complain?

    Since you are the admired trinitarian scholar here, why didn't you answer the question?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  6. #17449
    ☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona USA
    Posts
    5,948
    Thanks
    3,134
    Thanked 2,866 Times in 1,737 Posts

    Blog Entries
    143
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147670

    God's Truth Quotes Scripture Passages That Cannot Be Identified

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Show me a translation that says differently than what I posted the scripture says.

    You can't prove it but let's see if you try.

    I think that you won't even try, because you start to debate me and usually don't come back to answer questions.

    By the way, I have not used CSB.

    WHY haven't you answered the question I made in that post? Why did you merely come to complain?
    You used the CSB for Galatians 4:6. End of discussion on that point. Look it up yourself or click the links I provided for the various translations available.

    The others are just something you have made up or are so obscure that why would anyone bother to have a discussion about Scripture when what is being put forth as Scripture has no evidence? Are you making up your own translations? Paraphrasing to suit your purposes? If you are, then make it clear to the reader. If not, then attribute the sources you are drawing upon with all your underlining, thinking the matter is settled.

    By the way, all your questions about "which Spirit?" were thoroughly answered here:
    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...e-Holy-Trinity

    I never realized until now just how fast and loose you are treating the word of God. It might just explain a few things. All future readers of your quotes from Scripture are now on notice to actually verify what you claim to quote against the available English translations.

    AMR
    WARNING: Embedded link content that may be in my post above or the many embedded links my sig below are not for the faint of heart.



    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?



  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ask Mr. Religion For Your Post:

    glorydaz (October 12th, 2017),lifeisgood (October 14th, 2017)

  8. #17450
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    29,188
    Thanks
    1,821
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 1,872 Posts

    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    163227
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    No. Even if I could, I'd prefer if you could list them all in one place so they can be answered all at once.
    Which trinitarian would like to tell me which spirit the Father was speaking about, the man spirit of Jesus, or the Holy Spirit, because glorydaz said Jesus had a spirit of a man and a different Spirit, the Holy Spirit:


    See John 14:23.

    And,
    Galatians 4:6
    And because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!"

    Romans 8:9
    You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

    Romans 8:15
    For you did not receive a spirit of slavery that returns you to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!"


    First Question:

    Which spirit the Father was speaking about, the man spirit of Jesus, or the Holy Spirit,


    As for the other question, I would like to know what is the official consensus of the trinitarian doctrine here because there have been different scenarios by trinitaians here.

    A. God the Father Spirit, Jesus the Son another Spirit, and the Holy Spirit another Spirit Person? That makes three different Spirits/three different Persons.

    or,

    B. God the Father is not a Spirit but a Person, the Son another different Person, and the Holy Spirit a Person too and also a Spirit the Spirit for the Father and Son? If yes, then what about Jesus the man's Spirit? There is two Spirits then in that scenario.

    Second Question:

    Which of the two scenarios is the trinitarian belief?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  9. #17451
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    29,188
    Thanks
    1,821
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 1,872 Posts

    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    163227
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    You used the CSB for Galatians 4:6. End of discussion on that point. Look it up yourself or click the links I provided for the various translations available.
    No, I did not. If it says the same as another than that is your problem not mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    The others are just something you have made up or are so obscure that why would anyone bother to have a discussion about Scripture when what is being put forth as Scripture has no evidence?
    Is that your excuse for not being able to answer trinitarian beliefs?

    You can use any translation you want to use. I will debate anyone using the translation they would like to use.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    Are you making up your own translations? Paraphrasing to suit your purposes? If you are, then make it clear to the reader. If not, then attribute the sources you are drawing upon with all your underlining, thinking the matter is settled.
    I don't make up scripture.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    By the way, all your questions about "which Spirit?" were thoroughly answered here:
    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...e-Holy-Trinity
    I am not going to go off to your links.
    I am discussing it here.
    If you can't answer it here than maybe someone else can.
    I am not going to debate by going back and forth to your links and trying to pull answers out of you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    I never realized until now just how fast and loose you are treating the word of God. It might just explain a few things. All future readers of your quotes from Scripture are now on notice to actually verify what you claim to quote against the available English translations.

    AMR
    You are trying to slander me and that says a lot about you.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  10. #17452
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    9,451
    Thanks
    6,529
    Thanked 10,470 Times in 6,139 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147627

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    I never realized until now just how fast and loose you are treating the word of God. It might just explain a few things.

    AMR
    Oh the irony. Ezek 36:26
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

    Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

    Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

    The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    Tambora (October 13th, 2017)

  12. #17453
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    9,451
    Thanks
    6,529
    Thanked 10,470 Times in 6,139 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147627

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Which trinitarian would like to tell me which spirit the Father was speaking about, the man spirit of Jesus, or the Holy Spirit, because glorydaz said Jesus had a spirit of a man and a different Spirit, the Holy Spirit:


    See John 14:23.

    And,
    Galatians 4:6
    And because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!"

    Romans 8:9
    You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

    Romans 8:15
    For you did not receive a spirit of slavery that returns you to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!"


    First Question:

    Which spirit the Father was speaking about, the man spirit of Jesus, or the Holy Spirit,


    As for the other question, I would like to know what is the official consensus of the trinitarian doctrine here because there have been different scenarios by trinitaians here.

    A. God the Father Spirit, Jesus the Son another Spirit, and the Holy Spirit another Spirit Person? That makes three different Spirits/three different Persons.

    or,

    B. God the Father is not a Spirit but a Person, the Son another different Person, and the Holy Spirit a Person too and also a Spirit the Spirit for the Father and Son? If yes, then what about Jesus the man's Spirit? There is two Spirits then in that scenario.

    Second Question:

    Which of the two scenarios is the trinitarian belief?
    The Spirit of Christ is God.

    One God, three persons.... just like the Bible says.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

    Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

    Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

    The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    lifeisgood (October 14th, 2017),Tambora (October 13th, 2017)

  14. #17454
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    29,188
    Thanks
    1,821
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 1,872 Posts

    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    163227
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    The Spirit of Christ is God.

    One God, three persons.... just like the Bible says.
    You are not answering the questions as I asked them.

    Is Jesus' spirit when he walked the earth the spirit of a man, or is it the Holy Spirit of God?

    Is the Father a Spirit, the Son a different Spirit, and the Holy Spirit a different Spirit?


    Why is that you are evasive to my questions?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  15. #17455
    Silver Member JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    3,492
    Thanks
    6,106
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,331 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    428696
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    You used the CSB for Galatians 4:6. End of discussion on that point. Look it up yourself or click the links I provided for the various translations available.
    GT hates clicking on links because she's scared that what she'll find will prove her wrong.

    The others are just something you have made up or are so obscure that why would anyone bother to have a discussion about Scripture when what is being put forth as Scripture has no evidence? Are you making up your own translations? Paraphrasing to suit your purposes? If you are, then make it clear to the reader. If not, then attribute the sources you are drawing upon with all your underlining, thinking the matter is settled.
    She utterly disregards the meaning of the original words used to write the Bible, what makes you think that coming up with her own translations is something she wouldn't do?

    By the way, all your questions about "which Spirit?" were thoroughly answered here:
    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...e-Holy-Trinity

    I never realized until now just how fast and loose you are treating the word of God. It might just explain a few things. All future readers of your quotes from Scripture are now on notice to actually verify what you claim to quote against the available English translations.

    AMR
    Agreed. They would do one better to see what the text says in the original language as well.

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    Ask Mr. Religion (October 12th, 2017),glorydaz (October 12th, 2017),lifeisgood (October 13th, 2017),Tambora (October 13th, 2017)

  17. #17456
    LIFETIME MEMBER Bright Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calfornia
    Posts
    7,571
    Thanks
    211
    Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,652 Posts

    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    1877306
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You are not answering the questions as I asked them.

    Why is that you are evasive to my questions?
    Maybe because they are wary of the questions of a heretic.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

    Jim Elliot

  18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

    Ask Mr. Religion (October 12th, 2017),glorydaz (October 12th, 2017),JudgeRightly (October 12th, 2017),lifeisgood (October 13th, 2017),Right Divider (October 12th, 2017),Tambora (October 13th, 2017)

  19. #17457
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    29,188
    Thanks
    1,821
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 1,872 Posts

    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    163227
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    Maybe because they are wary of the questions of a heretic.
    That doesn't make sense.

    Who holds back God's Truth?

    If the trinity doctrine is God's Truth, then I can be persuaded.

    However, no one here will speak what their beliefs mean in detail.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  20. #17458
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    9,451
    Thanks
    6,529
    Thanked 10,470 Times in 6,139 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147627

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You are not answering the questions as I asked them.

    Is Jesus' spirit when he walked the earth the spirit of a man, or is it the Holy Spirit of God?

    Is the Father a Spirit, the Son a different Spirit, and the Holy Spirit a different Spirit?

    Why is that you are evasive to my questions?
    The Spirit of Christ is God. Do you not understand PLAIN ENGLISH?

    ONE SPIRIT, ONE GOD, THREE PERSONS.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

    Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

    Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

    The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

  21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    Ask Mr. Religion (October 12th, 2017),JudgeRightly (October 12th, 2017),lifeisgood (October 14th, 2017),Tambora (October 13th, 2017)

  22. #17459
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    29,188
    Thanks
    1,821
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 1,872 Posts

    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    163227
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    GT hates clicking on links because she's scared that what she'll find will prove her wrong.
    You are wrong. Your statement doesn't make sense either. I am trying to get serious questions answered and no trinitarian is able to.

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post

    She utterly disregards the meaning of the original words used to write the Bible, what makes you think that coming up with her own translations is something she wouldn't do?
    I do no such thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post

    Agreed. They would do one better to see what the text says in the original language as well.
    Teaching that someone would know God's Truth better if one learned two different languages is not truth.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  23. #17460
    LIFETIME MEMBER Bright Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calfornia
    Posts
    7,571
    Thanks
    211
    Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,652 Posts

    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    1877306
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    That doesn't make sense.

    Who holds back God's Truth?

    If the trinity doctrine is God's Truth, then I can be persuaded.

    However, no one here will speak what their beliefs mean in detail.
    Over 17,000 posts and you don't get it. It has been explained more than once. You just do not want to accept it.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

    Jim Elliot

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

    Ask Mr. Religion (October 12th, 2017),glorydaz (October 12th, 2017),JudgeRightly (October 12th, 2017),lifeisgood (October 13th, 2017),Tambora (October 13th, 2017)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 2 guests)

  1. Lazy afternoon

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us